It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Devil", You Say? ... (and a course on exorcism)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

The Vatican is offering a course on exorcism—or casting out demons—this April to teach priests and laypeople how to recognize and fight demonic possession.

"The devil," the Pope went on, “is a liar, the father of lies.”

In a homily last October, the Pope said that Christians need a “shield of faith” because “the devil doesn’t throw flowers at us” but “flaming arrows” to kill us.
The Vatican Is Offering: A Course On Exorcism

-
OBSERVATION:

Many have appeared to ... Say One Thing Then Do Another.

( and/or adding to this story's credibility )

edit on 3-4-2015 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: FarleyWayne

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: FarleyWayne

Well, I certainly wouldn't want a flaming arrow shot through my heart... apparently this will be the tenth time they've held the course.

They make it sound very legit anyway:

Whereas “the nature of the topic might lend itself to sensationalism,” Barrajon said, the course approaches the topic from “a sound theology” aimed at deepening “the spiritual basis for the action of angels and demons,” flowing from the action of Jesus Christ himself, who is reported by the gospels as “casting out demons.”

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
A Demon Hunter, eh? I think I could handle that, sounds like s cool job.

I have my suspicions of the Vatican though. Is this truly for the good of mankind, or is there some hidden agenda?
I wish they did not have such a "checkered past" (understatement of the year lol) so maybe we could trust them a little more. Of course, the same is true with pretty much any organjzation that has been around a while... which is why I do not associate with any of them, religious or otherwise.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
An exorcism, where do I sign up?

top topics

join