It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grainofsand lost login details, back as grainofsand2

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Hi folks,
Had a fire in my old trusty laptop, overheated as I hadn't given the fans a brush out in a while, so I have absolutely no idea what the password was for my grainofsand account lol.
I never saved it aside from in firefox on the broke laptop, and the throwaway email account I used to join is a lost memory as well.

With no other thoughts of how to get back as my old self I have risen from the ashes as grainofsand2. If any admins have a suggestion then I'll be of course grateful, but I have no real way of proving I am grainofsand aside from perhaps IP address and answering some questions about my PM's which I assume admins can access?
Either way, I'm happy to be grainofsand2 if it is a pain in the arse for admin/mods to sort out. With this opening post and the lack of posts from grainofsand it will soon be clear to anyone who gives a toss that the two accounts are me lol, especially when my similar writing style and blunt views attract the same hatred from the more holier than thou members here.

Any comments welcome as always, I'll click [post] now, then [report] so any admins/mods who may have an interest in my duplicate accounts can see this in their secret-squirrel forum and make their decisions as they see fit!

Kindest regards,

GoS

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I have also got no idea what my password is, its only the fact that its autosaved on firefox that keeps me in, that and the fact that my PC has been on since 2014!

Hope theres a way for the mods to recover it for you.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand2

Sorry to hear about the unfortunate circumstance with your laptop, but glad to see you are back! Risen from the ashes of all those dust particles that were accumulating - ZombieAccounts ARGGGGH

Well, glad you came back to ATS and didn't decide to go to the dark side and join some other forum site
I'll be looking forward to seeing you on the forums again Grainofsand2

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific
Haha, I've learned a lesson that's for sure!
Gutted about the old laptop, lost a zillion photo's as well, never backed anything up, feel such a tosser now lol

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Hey GOS-if you wanted to get your old account back,email a moderator and they will be able to verify its you from your IP address if you are in the same location you used to post from.

I had to do that a while back,when the ATS password system broke down,and I hadn't saved my details.
It worked,so maybe it could work for you too.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Yay! My favourite Silurian.

Welcome back, have a brand new, shiny flag for your shiny new account.

B x

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore
Cheers man

Wouldn't leave ATS, it's a damn site better than some of the 'other' places...and I actually do like a lot of members here, even those I disagree with.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

for verification purposes your pic on member details box on left was what and where?

failure to answer will result in laptop fire number 2 lol.

f

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
@SiliconeSynapse - I'm hoping so, never used a proxy here coz if 'the authorities' want me they already know how to get me from my posts lol

a reply to: beansidhe Ah thank you

This Silurian Cornish hybrid is grateful for the flag haha!

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Did you save your activation Email?

Perhaps you could access your email account and retrieve it-I had to do the same when my last laptop died. Do you remember your email password?

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: fakedirt
Hahaha!
An electron microscope image of sand from a beach I love near to me!
...I'm waiting to see if I have to stay as grainofsand2 before posting the avatar/profile again

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie
It was a throwaway email account and I have no idea what it was, lesson learned lol

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
It would be funny if you were in fact an imposter but convinced the mods to give you acces to the old account.

Then GoS would have to come back as grainofsand3 and nobody would belive him.

"I'm grain of sand and so is my wife."

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific
Hahaha!!
That could be the secret!
A proper South West England conspiracy, perhaps I'm really part of the Pasty Pixie Mafia and grainofsand is a marked man or has already been buried somewhere in Bodmin moor or Dartmoor...
He was an annoying opinionated member at times though so maybe grainofsand2 will perform better

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Well I've decided to get my old avatar back up on this new account, but I'm holding fire on posting anywhere else aside from this thread in the hope that I can get back into my old account. It would all be a bit messy if I throw myself into other discussions only for grainofsand2 to be banned/deleted.
...I wonder how many members are quite pleased that I am choosing voluntary confinement for now in the introductions forum? lol

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Just had a thought if useful to any owners/admins/mods considering my claim to be grainofsand.
Pretty much since I joined up in 2011 I have accessed ATS via 3G mobile internet, namely Three Mobile (UK based provider) through a tethered phone to my laptop, until about a month or so ago when I started using BT Internet.
...only grainofsand could know that...or could they???
Muahaha [sinister laughter]

*Edit*
...oh, and in my PM's I recently thanked DontTreadOnMe for an applause saying something like:
"I always know when I'm going to get a warning but applause is always an unexpected surprise"
edit on 3-4-2015 by grainofsand2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Hiya GoS,

Send a PM here and/or here.

It's the most straightforward approach and only the Admins can access our accounts. They'll handle it

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky
Cheers Kandinsky, just sent a message so fingers crossed I'll be back as the annoying fly on the forums under grainofsand very soon.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

that's the ticket!

hello grainofsand number one son!

hope it gets resolved. my comp went bang around a year ago so off the grid for a bit.

f

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

They'll be online in the next few hours and will have you back in the old slippers by this time tomorrow

Catch you later, it's time to go out for a friday or

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join