It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is the Outrage to close Muslim bakeries for not serving Gays?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369

did you know there are almost no christians left in the middle east, except israel? that's a holocaust.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: undo

We're not talking about the middle east, we're talking about the good old US of A, the land of the free etc.

But your attempt at changing the topic shows me you really don't have much of a response.

Also, your list of 'factors' you think have contributed to certain people comparing this issue with the holocaust, shows your true level of disdain for gay folk despite what you say or how 'mad' you get....

edit on 6-4-2015 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369
a reply to: undo

We're not talking about the middle east, we're talking about the good old US of A, the land of the free etc.

But your attempt at changing the topic shows me you really don't have much of a response.

Also, your list of 'factors' you think have contributed to certain people comparing this issue with the holocaust, shows your true level of disdain for gay folk despite what you say or how 'mad' you get....

it fell under the heading of "elsewhere in the world"
and i didn't change the topic, i'm just backing up grandmakdw's premise that it has all the earmarkings of a holocaust in the early stages. considering the condition of global politics, yes it is a real issue. my ancestors fought in ww2, to stop hitler. they also fought in the american revolution to get out from under the european royals, the civil war to stop slavery. you are not going to blame this stuff on me, and pretend all the strides my ancestors made to get us to the point where we have equal rights laws, were in fact, the exact opposite.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: undo
it fell under the heading of "elsewhere in the world"

So it had nothing to do with the law passed in Indiana and the subsequent outrage from those seeking equal rights for all.....

and i didn't change the topic, i'm just backing up grandmakdw's premise that it has all the earmarkings of a holocaust in the early stages.

grandmakdw compared the fight for equal rights after the law was passed in Indiana to Kristallnacht, a ridiculous comparison but it was in reference to what was happening in the US in regards to Gay folk, and not what might be happening on the other side of the planet.

This is just you playing the victim card.......yet again, and attempting to at very least drift the thread off topic.

considering the condition of global politics, yes it is a real issue.

And more of the same, I don't know why you're constantly attempting to sell this because nobody is buying it.

my ancestors fought in ww2, to stop hitler. they also fought in the american revolution to get out from under the european royals, the civil war to stop slavery.

Are you really attempting to play off the accomplishments of others? that's pretty low, how about you stand on your own two feet?

you are not going to blame this stuff on me, and pretend all the strides my ancestors made to get us to the point where we have equal rights laws, were in fact, the exact opposite.

You wrote the list, not who you claim may or may not be your ancestors......

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

i think the comparison was more about how the business owner's were treated, which was in response to their choice of not being forced to do something they didn't want to (namely catering gay weddings). the idea you can't tell someone "no, not going to do it," is anathema to many americans. forcing people to do things, besides obey the law, is not going to go over well here, regardless if you're religious or not. if there's a law that says they must do so, then they will be forced to choose between being able to have a livelihood or not, based on how firmly held their (mistaken interpretation in my view) belief on the subject of catering gay weddings is.

regardless of the laws in question or lack thereof, people attacking them or their business, threatening bodily harm or even death on them or their family members, because of their religion, is the beginning signs of holocaust.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

i think the comparison was more about how the business owner's were treated, which was in response to their choice of not being forced to do something they didn't want to (namely catering gay weddings).

So your comment about the middle east was pretty much worthless....the business owners in the US choosing to be bigots have not been treated like the Christians that have been 'slaughtered' are they......another comment that's just as ridiculous as those made by grandmakdw...

the idea you can't tell someone "no, not going to do it," is anathema to many americans. forcing people to do things, besides obey the law, is not going to go over well here, regardless if you're religious or not. if there's a law that says they must do so, then they will be forced to choose between being able to have a livelihood or not, based on how firmly held their (mistaken interpretation in my view) belief on the subject of catering gay weddings is.

It was once lawful to treat other human beings as slaves, and a great many people enjoyed those laws as it fit their 'beliefs', yet people fought against those laws now there no slaves! Part of growing up is learning to follow the rules and if you disagree with them you work to have them changed, but if what you say is true them maybe many of us need to grow up.....

regardless of the laws in question or lack thereof, people attacking them or their business, threatening bodily harm or even death on them or their family members, because of their religion, is the beginning signs of holocaust.

The bigots in question have received attention because of their bigotry, not their religion, where they find their excuses inorder to act that way is irrelevant.

If they didn't act like bigots, if they didn't believe that gay folk were unworthy of the very basic of human rights and equality, there wouldn't be an issue and we wouldn't be talking. If it really was a holocaust in the making then said bigots wouldn't have done anything wrong to begin with.......but they most certainly have.

This constant and unrelenting self imposed phony victimization is going to end in a 'boy cries wolf' situation one day....

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

i agree that gays should be treated equally in the public square/business. i do not agree that threatening bodily harm, destroying their business, threatening their family, of the people who don't want to take part in catering private ceremonies of gays because of their religious beliefs, is normal behavior, which means it's something else. now what could it possibly be if not the beginning of singling out a specific religion for the purpose of harassment.

and this is not crying wolf. there's actual newspaper articles about what happened to those christian businesses that were willing to sell them flowers/cakes/pizzas, but were not willing to cater the actual event.

i've had people harass me from the moment i became a christian, even without denying them anything, so not buying it. you can convince me of many things on this topic, but that ain't one of them.
edit on 7-4-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

i agree that gays should be treated equally in the public square/business.

so you say...

i do not agree that threatening bodily harm, destroying their business, threatening their family, of the people who don't want to take part in catering private ceremonies of gays because of their religious beliefs, is normal behavior, which means it's something else.

It's not normal behavior because it's not the norm. Sure it may have happened, but to insinuate that it's widespread and typical to the point where people are making outrageous claims such as the ones for a holocaust.....well you show your true colors on this issue.....again.

now what could it possibly be if not the beginning of singling out a specific religion for the purpose of harassment.

Are you really saying that this isn't a christian born issue?....that the bill wasn't brought up by Christians?.....are you so blinded by your religion that you're unable to tell the truth on this issue?...oh wait...

and this is not crying wolf. there's actual newspaper articles about what happened to those christian businesses that were willing to sell them flowers/cakes/pizzas, but were not willing to cater the actual event.

Show me such articles and then show me that its widespread enough for someone to make.......holocaust comparisons....

i've had people harass me from the moment i became a christian, even without denying them anything, so not buying it. you can convince me of many things on this topic, but that ain't one of them.

That goes both ways......from the moment you became a christian huh? gawd you'd think the US wasn't a predominately christian country with nothing but Christians in power.......

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

have you ever watched any of this guy's videos? the guy is a rabid atheist and a secularist, yet even he recognizes that christians are undergoing a holocaust in the middle and even near east. it had already been going on in russia and the far east for a very long time. ignore the parts about obama and listen to what he says about christians. combine that with warnings coming from europe of christians being fired from their jobs for saying a prayer for a sick person or even talking about god in a public place and you kinda get the idea of where all this is heading. christians, primarily non-catholic, fled to america, to begin with, because of persecution in europe. now, they have no where to go. this was the last safe haven on the planet. other christian nations could count on us to come to their defense, so could israel, the jews, people of south and central america, africa, and the far east. now the only safe haven it presents is for hispanic catholics and muslims, who are taught that the actual citizens of the country, are all evil white people.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join