It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is the Outrage to close Muslim bakeries for not serving Gays?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   
It strikes me that people have lost all common sense.

There is such a thing as minding ones own business and keeping your mouth shut.

If someone actively wants to stick their neck out and make a public statement that they want to act in a bigoted manner, then they can - especially in this day and age - expect to get royally pasted for it.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

So not an honest to goodness Krystallnacht at all then.

You may as well have said what you meant, rather than make a gross exaggeration.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: skalla

So not an honest to goodness Krystallnacht at all then.

You may as well have said what you meant, rather than make a gross exaggeration.

If you had read all my posts I did refer to krystalnacht as in social media persecution leading to death threats and seeking out people, going door to door to Christian businesses, until they could find a Christian who would say what they actually wanted them to say - so that all Christians could be reviled as being like the people they finally found after much searching.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
It strikes me that people have lost all common sense.

There is such a thing as minding ones own business and keeping your mouth shut.

If someone actively wants to stick their neck out and make a public statement that they want to act in a bigoted manner, then they can - especially in this day and age - expect to get royally pasted for it.

I don't disagree with you at all.

What I have a problem with is activists doing like they did with the Pizza business and some of the bakeries. Going from business to business actually searching for someone to say something or do something that could be considered anti-gay. This is not innocent, this is looking to cause trouble on purpose and with malice.
The person who went to the Muslim bakery in the OP was doing just that, and I have a real problem with that also. Purposely seeking out people for the express purpose of getting them to say what you are trying to get them to say (something considered rude, or mean, or bigoted) and even goading them, and then creating a media storm to compare them to ALL Christians or ALL Muslims. That is wrong, it is downright evil in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw
a reply to: Prezbo369
You are wrong about death threats: www.christianpost.com... owners-hiding-after-death-threats-136833/

Your link is broken, and I said documented death threats, not just claimed threats....

I can see from your posts you are a Christophobic and no matter what I say you will not believe me, you will hate me, and you will revile me and say all kinds of evil about me.

Good grief is someone playing a violin?....more professional victim playing...

There is nothing more I can say that will change your mind, it is no use.

Well i'm certainly not buying your b******* that's for sure, and you've said some pretty disgusting things.

I hang around my conservative Christian friends because they are exactly the kind of people
that I talked about in my (as you call it) bragging post.
Because I believe Christ calls me to love others. Even though you don't believe it.

Did Christ tell you that you must have 'terrible and bigoted close personal conservative Christian friends'?....

Therefore, no matter what I say you will twist my words
and judge me evil and hateful.

Youve said some pretty evil and hateful things....

Yes you will judge me harshly and with hate in your heart.
You can't see that it is this kind of Christophobia that
will end in more than a social media krystalnacht.

Again you speak of things of which you know nothing........and attempt to gain sympathy through the suffering of others. Disgusting.

You will reply I know with more venom, and I am sorry about that.
I expect it, but do not expect me to reply, you may have the last word
about how evil, awful and terrible you think every Christian is
and you won't realize the terrible damage your words do to innocent people.

Again I'm replying to you personally, not all Christians so you don't get to hide behind them. You personally have said disgusting things and you personally have said you find the gay communities fight for equal rights to be 'selfish'.

A very similar conversation was being carried out almost 60 years ago in regards to another section of our community that did not have equal rights due to certain peoples interpretation of a vague 2000 year old book of superstitions, and they were denied service in certain shops due to the shop owners set of beliefs........can you remember how that turned out?

Do you know which side of history those denying equal rights ended up on? do you know how much of a national embarrassment and shame they were?

Do you know which side of the debate you are on? and do you know how history will look back on folk such as you?

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   

dude most of the country was christian. christians voted for equal rights. please remove your "i hate christians" glasses for five seconds and think

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: undo

dude most of the country was christian. christians voted for equal rights. please remove your "i hate christians" glasses for five seconds and think

The term is Christophobia: an extreme fear of and hatred for Christians

just like homophobia

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

and we didn't necessarily vote or not vote for equal rights based on political party, because people are just not that easily defined. or correction, people use to be not that easily defined.
edit on 6-4-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

The whole thing is wrong. From the bigotry, through to the people who can't keep their mouths shut, through the goaders and the crap-stirrers who like to make out that all people who claim to be from a particular religion (doesn't matter which one) are the same, or all see/do things exactly the same way.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

dude most of the country was christian.

It still is.....

christians voted for equal rights.

And those fighting to keep other folk from having equal rights? Also Christian, and it's those christians and the Christians denying equal rights today that history won't look kindly on....

please remove your "i hate christians" glasses for five seconds and think

If anything I have a 'I hate bigots' t-shirt on, and it seems youre wearing a 'Victims for Jesus' t-shirt.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Christophobia at its finest.

We can not deny it exists, the proof is in this thread.

The opening video was an example of a fear of muslims, someone going from bakery to bakery looking for bigotry and rejoicing when he finally found it.

However, regardless, I defend the right of Muslims not to be forced to engage in an activity that is against their religion.

This is an example of Islamic-phobia.

So sad to see Christophobia, Islamic hatred and that people search it out so that they can label everyone who has faith in God as homophobic.

Christophobia and Islamic hatred are as evil as homophobia.

edit on 10Mon, 06 Apr 2015 10:17:18 -0500am40604amk061 by grandmakdw because: addition

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Right, if bigotry is part of your religion, then you're allowed to be a bigot!

Sorry no you're not, religion is not an excuse to act this way to other people in our society, and it'll be called out whenever anyone attempts to do so.

Like I said, people like that are on the wrong side of history, the shameful side, and are an embrassment to us all....

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369

Right, if bigotry is part of your religion, then you're allowed to be a bigot!

Sorry no you're not, religion is not an excuse to act this way to other people in our society, and it'll be called out whenever anyone attempts to do so.

Like I said, people like that are on the wrong side of history, the shameful side, and are an embrassment to us all....

bigotry is not part of the religion. jesus said to love your neighbor as yourself and there was no stipulation made on the social (this includes religion or political party), racial or sexual identity of the neighbor.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
grandmakdw,

what worries me is this whole thing is a totally new direction for america, in that it is creating very aggressive behaviors ofpeople on both sides. folks that would normally be friends or at the very least, friendly, out in society, are suddenly turning into enemies. bridges are burning all over the place. it's not good.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Maybe there is a postive here.

Maybe christians who are hardcore Islampohobes and call all islamic people terrorists will accept that lumping everyone in together is a stupid thing to do.

Maybe.

You are right though, not all christians are bigots and anyone who thinks that is the case is at worst an idiot and at best someone who needs to re-think their argument. Some christians are bigots, but then bigots aren't exclusive to any particular society/race/religion.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

bigotry is not part of the religion. jesus said to love your neighbor as yourself and there was no stipulation made on the social (this includes religion or political party), racial or sexual identity of the neighbor.

Not all of your fellows have the same interpretation, a great many believe in such bigotry as it is written in the books they believe were written/inspired by a God type creature.

Enough of these folk to change the law to allow bigotry and discrimination of those deemed sinful or abominations by said book.

These same people then cry victim when their bigotry is pointed out and make holocaust comparisons....
edit on 6-4-2015 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

i think where the holocaust comparisons come in are:

1. the extremeness of the reaction

2. the wide swath of people being indoctrinated into the mindset that all of a certain kind of people are x,y,z

3. coupled with the idea that people of a certain skin color are all x,y,z

4. coupled with the idea that people who aren't a specific political party are all x,y,z

5. coupled with the idea that people who live in particular part of the country are all x,y,z

6. set against the backdrop of a global epidemic of said people being slaughtered because of their religion by people who are even more aggressive and fundie, than they are

where x,y,z = several different negative connotations, some of which can't possibly be true across the board, and all of which can't all be true at the same time.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

i think where the holocaust comparisons come in are:

1. the extremeness of the reaction

2. the wide swath of people being indoctrinated into the mindset that all of a certain kind of people are x,y,z

3. coupled with the idea that people of a certain skin color are all x,y,z

4. coupled with the idea that people who aren't a specific political party are all x,y,z

5. coupled with the idea that people who live in particular part of the country are all x,y,z

6. set against the backdrop of a global epidemic of said people being slaughtered because of their religion by people who are even more aggressive and fundie, than they are

where x,y,z = several different negative connotations, some of which can't possibly be true across the board, and all of which can't all be true at the same time.

I already knew the comparison stems from a persecution syndrome, but your attempt at explaining and seemingly excusing their position is just as ridiculous.

Anyone that makes such a comparison is preying on one of the worst atrocities the world has ever known (the other being the native american holocaust) to further their own agenda, and should be ignored with extreme prejudice....

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
This is a shining example of how all people should behave when it comes to the
cake, flower, pizza issue.

Read this article at your own risk:
www.theblaze.com...

Especially because it is on the blaze. Sure to enrage some who have posted here, by the bravery, courage, and outstanding morality of this woman!

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw
This is a shining example of how all people should behave when it comes to the
cake, flower, pizza issue.

Read this article at your own risk:
www.theblaze.com...

Especially because it is on the blaze. Sure to enrage some who have posted here, by the bravery, courage, and outstanding morality of this woman!

There were black people against equal rights back in the 60s.....it doesn't change a thing.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join