It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is the Outrage to close Muslim bakeries for not serving Gays?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369
a reply to: grandmakdw

You can do (or claim to do) a million good things for people, but if you're a bigot while doing these things then you're still a bigot.

It doesn't excuse it, and comparing yourselves to the Jews during the holocaust because people are standing up to your bigotry and prejudice is just......kinda pathetic.

Why do you claim I am a bigot?

Have you read all my posts - go and read all of them.
Then come back and claim I am a bigot.

Why do you claim I am prejudiced?

Again please read all my posts - they are there for anyone to read.
Then come back and claim I am prejudiced.

I need to make something clear, my conservative Christian friends and I
don't do "charity work" - one does charity when one is looking down on another
we are doing what Jesus commands us to do
to be servants to the poor, the hungry, the people who need clothes or housing.

To claim all Christians are bigots and prejudiced IS
the exact kind of talk that was present in WWII
about the Jews.
I will not stop comparing the anti-Christian
rhetoric and Christian bashing to the talk that
led to the holocaust.
Because it is.

Now please go read all my posts over the past 4+years, then come back and tell me how I am a bigot or prejudiced in the way you mean it.

I do call out hypocrites, just like Jesus did regularly,
and I see the modern "I know better than you and am better than you" attitude
of the liberal/progressives as hypocrites. They actually
call for punishment and even death (as in the case of global warming deniers)
for people who simply disagree with them.

Then have the nerve to say Christians are awful people in their sanctimonious way.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   

i have concluded that it doesn't matter what i do, it will never be enough. everything i've tried to do to be a good person, is over shadowed by totally made up crap - like the idea as a christian i'm auto-bigot or something.
edit on 5-4-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I will serve GLTB individuals and sell them our wares. they may live the way they want. But I will not tolerate them forcing me to participate in their lifestyle to which I am against.

Is it wrong for me not wanting to participate in their lifestyle?

If I cater a wedding for them I am forced against my conscious to participate in their lifestyle.

Why would they do that to me or any other who feel homosexuality is wrong?

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore

All those good things correcting the horrors in the world that God has created, and yet you want to make a stand about someones sexual orientation.

Bizarre.

Bizarre that you would assume my stand on one's sexual orientation.

You certainly have access to my 4-5 years worth of posts.

Please examine them and tell me where I make a statement that is against homosexuals.

My consistent stand has been live and let live when it comes to homosexuals.
It is none of my business what 2 consenting adults do in the privacy of their bedroom.
Gay marriage is another live and let live issue as far as I am concerned.
My philosophy personally is that I need to mind my own business as far as someone's sexual orientation is concerned.

Once again, I am faced with anti-christian bigotry in assuming that I really care what other consenting adults do in their bedrooms and who they love, I don't care.

As for my friends, well my one good friend is a retired physician who is the only physician in town that will serve our local AIDS clinic, my husband went and sat with a man dying of aids. Guess that makes us Christians really homophobic huh?
Prejudice and bigotry toward Christians once again rears it's ugly head.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: undo

read that article above. soviet russia sounds just like the usa, today.

No it really really doesn't, hence your persecution complex....

It's pretty disgusting that you'd use the horrors of Stalin's Soviet Russia to attempt to gain sympathy or to excuse your prejudices.

how the hell do you know i'm prejudice against gays!??! how do you know that!? oooo i'm so mad right now.
must go do some tai chi to calm the heck down!

Calm down, it is the constant and consistant anti-Christian bigotry and prejudice rearing it's ugly head again.

One has to get used to it on ATS, so many people hate Christians, just for being Christian, and assume the most horrid and wretched things about us, just because we are conservative or Christian or both.

There is no kindness for Christians anymore, just out and out bigotry and dripping hatred toward anyone who holds Christ as a role model for how to live their life.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Calm down, it is the constant and consistant anti-Christian bigotry and prejudice rearing it's ugly head again.

One has to get used to it on ATS, so many people hate Christians, just for being Christian, and assume the most horrid and wretched things about us, just because we are conservative or Christian or both.

There is no kindness for Christians anymore, just out and out bigotry and dripping hatred toward anyone who holds Christ as a role model for how to live their life.

That is because the light shines in darkness and reveals their wicked works.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Like ignoring Christ's words, punishing the poor and disguising hate as religion - you know, the things Christ spoke of often. Criticizing hypocrisy and pointing out unChristlike behaviour is not, I repeat not "anti Christian bigotry". Please, turn off the Fox and realize that what is called Christianity in this country and what Christianity actually is are miles apart...

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Ironhawke

are you different from the guy next door? i mean do you have different tastes, activities, behaviors? how would you like to be blamed for something, some guy you don't even know, did?

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

erm. nevermind.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: undo

Funnily enough, as an LGBT LIberal, I know exactly what that's like. Usually from supposed "Christians". Having actually read the Scripture, it'd be really nice to see those claiming practising it.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ironhawke

Funnily enough, as an LGBT LIberal, I know exactly what that's like. Usually from supposed "Christians". Having actually read the Scripture, it'd be really nice to see those claiming practising it.

i have said, over and over again, in 2 different threads now, that i'm not in agreement with people treating gays any differently than any other customers. why doesn't my testimony count? is it going to take every single person on the planet not having a problem with your sex life before you'll stop blaming it on people you don't even know?

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   

If someone makes a bigoted statement, then they deserve what they get. I don't recall "blaming someone I don't know" for anything other than the hate they spew, so kindly keep your words out of my mouth. And it's not about "my sex life", and more than your heterosexual identity is about yours. t's just a part of who you are, like skin colour, sex and eye colour.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ironhawke

If someone makes a bigoted statement, then they deserve what they get. I don't recall "blaming someone I don't know" for anything other than the hate they spew, so kindly keep your words out of my mouth. And it's not about "my sex life", and more than your heterosexual identity is about yours. t's just a part of who you are, like skin colour, sex and eye colour.

yes i know, i just couldn't think of any way to say it where you wouldn't try to spin it as if i were being bigoted, . i was thinking, well let me see, if i say "is it going to take every single person on the planet not having a problem with you being born gay", the sentence sounds sloppy and being born gay, has nothing to do with our current discussion cause some gay people are born that way, and never admit it, never acknowledge it, or even get sex changes.

of course i don't have a problem with you being born gay. i don't like the laws they are trying to pass that basically let people be bigots, but i also know i can't force my morality on other people (which is also why i think treating gays fairly is the correct option as i don't believe trying to "fix" how you were born is my job - i'm not a geneticist or sex change doctor or the ilk. and i'm fairly certain you are not upset that you're gay, so no need to fix what isn't broken.

my biggest problem with this thread is, it's another who knows how many pages, where we get read the riot act about how other people who claim to be christian, are behaving. and we're expected (the christians on ats) as if we have some kind of flippy mojo where we can wiggle our fingers and they would suddenly be non-bigots. all over the world.

edit on 5-4-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw

Why do you claim I am a bigot?

Because you've said things like:

I still contend that the LBGT activist community is selfish, self-centered, with a feeling of entitlement -
and might be non-interventionist (as you contend)
because it means actually doing something important that can save lives
but obviously they don't care at all about those lives or gay discrimnation world wide

and:

Have you read about what happened that started the holocaust in WWII?
It was this kind of rhetoric and hatred that led people
to believe that Jews were so awful that the country
had to exterminate them.
This is the rhetoric I see spouted by the LGBT community
and liberals/progressives/Democrats in general.

So...yeah I think you're incredibly bigoted.

Have you read all my posts - go and read all of them.
Then come back and claim I am a bigot.

I only need to read one....

I need to make something clear, my conservative Christian friends and I
don't do "charity work" - one does charity when one is looking down on another
we are doing what Jesus commands us to do
to be servants to the poor, the hungry, the people who need clothes or housing.

Ah so you only do such things because you believe you have been commanded to do them......not really something to brag about as you have done in this thread....pretty hypocritical, and you know what the big jeezy said about hypocrites right?...

To claim all Christians are bigots and prejudiced IS
the exact kind of talk that was present in WWII
about the Jews.
I will not stop comparing the anti-Christian
rhetoric and Christian bashing to the talk that
led to the holocaust.
Because it is.

No I said you were, not all Christians. However you do make Christians look silly when you make such ridiculous comparisons. Professional victim syndrome is real........and your disrespect to those killed in the holocaust is pretty disgusting.

I do call out hypocrites, just like Jesus did regularly,
and I see the modern "I know better than you and am better than you" attitude
of the liberal/progressives as hypocrites. They actually
call for punishment and even death (as in the case of global warming deniers)
for people who simply disagree with them.

Off the reservation with this one......wow

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Oh, I thought you were implying I was bigoted against homosexuals and people of color in general.
I am clearly not and all my posts indicate that, FYI, since you don't feel it necessary to check that out yourself.

Yes I am a bigot when it comes to all activists
who goal is to hurt others because the "others"
don't believe the same way the activists do, and have different opinions.
I am prejudiced against those who want incite people to send death threats,
(through twitter, email, social media)
to family owned businesses and seek to financially destroy people
simply because they are Christians;
or because they have different opinions or thoughts
than the liberals/progressives do.
That is evil
and I am prejudiced against it and always will be.

As to your claim I was bragging, I was not bragging, I was simply pointing out how awful, terrible and bigoted my close personal conservative Christian friends are, since so many on this thread have implied that all conservative Christians, just because they are conservative Christians are bigots and hate other people.

If you see that as bragging, you are wrong, it was pointing out what I see everyday with the people I interact with and am friends with on a nearly daily basis. The conservative Christians I actually deal with daily are nothing like the evil caricatures that you and others make them out to be. I was simply being entirely honest and truthful about how I see the conservative Christians I know first hand live their lives. If you have a problem with that, then so be it.

About the LGBT activists,
I am not bigoted toward homosexuals at all,
go back and just read my posts on this thread.
I do have problems with the activists who seek out a business to target because it is owned by Christians,
for the express purpose of making an example of them by driving them out of business.
That is evil.
This was done to the Pizza shop last week, who had never denied any homosexual anything,
was asked a hypothetical and who answered honestly,
but had not done anything except answer a hypothetical question.
They got such hate online from liberals/progressives/LGBT activists
that they were forced to close their business for fear of their lives.
This is a real live honest to goodness modern day krystalnacht in our country.
I will not stand by silently like the Jews did until liberals
so enrage the country over Christians
that we live in fear of our lives as was done to these people.

I am prejudiced against liberals/progressives
who are subjecting our country to thought control through
getting people fired and having people fear for their lives.
Why? Because they said a word or expressed a thought that offended the liberals/progressives.
Call me a bigot if you want for thinking this is totalitarianism at it's worst, but it is.
Yes, even lives are at stake with this thought control
with prominent Democrats and liberals calling for
the jailing and even death of climate-change deniers. That is evil.
That is real live honest to goodness krystalnacht against conservatives
who simply don't think the say way liberals do, in our country.

Yes, I am a bigot and prejudiced
toward people whose goal is to destroy those who think differently than they do.

I have the same problem with the Westboro Baptist Church,
and radical anti-abortion activists.
In my opinion they are not Christians,
they claim to be but do not live as close to a Christ like life as they are able.
Christ's mandate was for Christians to be servants of all,
to be kind, to be generous,and to love our neighbor as ourselves.
That is what Christ calls Christians to be and to do.

I won't stand by and see fellow Christians destroyed,
just as my fellow Christians have stood between Westboro
and the people they wanted to protest causing Westboro
to abandon their protests.
I will take a stand firmly against liberal activists
whose goal is to destroy others.

edit on 9Mon, 06 Apr 2015 09:10:10 -0500am40604amk061 by grandmakdw because: addition format

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   

a reply to: Ironhawke

are you different from the guy next door? i mean do you have different tastes, activities, behaviors? how would you like to be blamed for something, some guy you don't even know, did?

You have a point. Does IronHawk blame all Muslims for the atrocities done by the radicals?

If IronHawk says that most Muslims are good people who want to live in peace, a statement I agree with.

Then why won't IronHawk afford Christians the same sentiment?
It is because there has been a concerted effort to demonize Christians in our country.
And at the same time a concerted effort to be kind to Muslims.
What a bi-polar country we have become!

People in the US say, well radical weird Muslims behead,
burn people alive etc, but most Muslims are good people.
Then they turn around and say, well Christians won't bake a cake,
or arrange flowers, so most Christians are awful people,
who have to be sent death threats over email, twitter, and social media.

That is what is so frightening to me in the US right now.
It is not paranoia, it is real
and people are getting real death threats over
cakes,flowers, pizza's.

Sending death threats over cake,flowers, pizza being sent
to Christians, and painting all Christians as evil because
of it..
And at the same time:
Sending good wishes to people in the same religion
who behead and burn people alive.

This sends a dangerous set of messages to everyone, Muslim and Christian alike.

edit on 9Mon, 06 Apr 2015 09:14:05 -0500am40604amk061 by grandmakdw because: addition format

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Oh, I thought you were implying I was bigoted against homosexuals

I was.....due to the posts you have made...the ones I quoted. The ones in which you said those fighting for equal rights were 'selfish, self-centered, with a feeling of entitlement'.....

I was not bragging, I was simply pointing out how awful, terrible and bigoted my close personal conservative Christian friends are, since so many on this thread have implied that all conservative Christians, just because they are conservative Christians are bigots and hate other people.

Then why are such people your friends? could it be that you share certain opinions?

If you see that as bragging, you are wrong, it was pointing out what I see everyday with the people I interact with and am friends with on a nearly daily basis. The conservative Christians I actually deal with daily are nothing like the evil caricatures that you and others make them out to be.

I was talking about your long list of claimed acts.....bragging by all accounts.

As a matter of fact, do you really, honestly, truthfully, no internet anonymous lying or exaggeration (which I did NOT do, all my examples are real), know personally of the evil acts you attribute to Christians being committed by Christians you know personally that you interact with a minimum of once a week?

Thankfully no I do not, this however doesn't change the fact that in the US right now, Christians are imposing their prejudices upon the LGTV community and denying them their basic freedoms and rights due to the interpretation of a 2000 year old book of superstitions. And then attempt to claim discrimination when people do not allow them to act out their prejudices and bigotry towards the gay community.

About the LGBT activists, I am not bigoted toward homosexuals at all, go back and just read my posts on this thread.

Right.....you just think they are selfish for fighting for equal rights in their home country.....

I do have problems with the activists who seek out a business to target because it is owned by Christians, for the express purpose of making an example of them by driving them out of business. That is evil.

This was done to the Pizza shop last week, who had never denied any homosexual anything, was asked a hypothetical and who answered honestly, but had not done anything except answer a hypothetical question. They got such hate online from liberals/progressives/LGBT activists that they were forced to close their business for fear of their lives.

Yeah the bigoted owner of that pizza shop probably got a lot of heat for her bigotry, but there have been no documented death threats......

This is a real live honest to goodness krystalnacht in our country.

An utterly atrocious, disgusting and disrespectful thing to say, you seem to be unable to post without saying something vile.

I will not stand by silently like the Jews did until liberals so enrage the country over Christians that we live in fear of our lives as was done to these people.

Professional victim claiming they're being treated like the Jews during the holocaust.......you embarrass the whole country and indeed the human race with comments like that.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369

You are wrong about death threats: www.christianpost.com... owners-hiding-after-death-threats-136833/

I can see from your posts you are a Christophobic and no matter what I say you will not believe me, you will hate me, and you will revile me and say all kinds of evil about me.

There is nothing more I can say that will change your mind, it is no use.

I hang around my conservative Christian friends because they are exactly the kind of people
that I talked about in my (as you call it) bragging post.
Because I believe Christ calls me to love others. Even though you don't believe it.

Therefore, no matter what I say you will twist my words
and judge me evil and hateful.
Yes you will judge me harshly and with hate in your heart.
You can't see that it is this kind of Christophobia that
will end in more than a social media krystalnacht.

You will reply I know with more venom, and I am sorry about that.
I expect it, but do not expect me to reply, you may have the last word
about how evil, awful and terrible you think every Christian is
and you won't realize the terrible damage your words do to innocent people.

edit on 9Mon, 06 Apr 2015 09:26:24 -0500am40604amk061 by grandmakdw because: addition format

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   

That is real live honest to goodness krystalnacht against conservatives
who simply don't think the say way liberals do, in our country.

Kristallnacht

a pogrom (a series of coordinated deadly attacks) against Jews throughout Nazi Germany and Austria on 9–10 November 1938, carried out by SA paramilitary forces and non-Jewish civilians. German authorities looked on without intervening.[1] The name Kristallnacht comes from the shards of broken glass that littered the streets after Jewish-owned stores, buildings, and synagogues had their windows smashed.[2]

However, as Richard J. Evans cites several German scholarly sources in his 2005 The Third Reich in Power in his attempts to approximate an accurate death toll, the true number of Jews massacred in the attacks will probably never be known, but it was certainly many times greater than the "published 91+ dead", when the maltreatment of the Jewish men after they were arrested is taken into consideration, along with at least 300 suicides caused by the despair it engendered; Jewish deaths undoubtedly ran into the hundreds.

So where are the liberal paramilitaries in the United States of America, physically attacking Conservative Churches/businesses and massacring the congregations and owners?

And folk saying "I hate you, Memories Pizza" is not even remotely close. It needs to be a

real live honest to goodness krystalnacht

or you are just showing a persecution complex along with the hyperbole.

edit on 6-4-2015 by skalla because: added "businesses"

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: skalla

Krystalnacht in the sense I am referring to is now being conducted over social media.

It is the calling for people to drive Christians out of business, simply for being Christian.

We don't have enclosed communities where people can go and smash windows.

Instead, we have social media, that calls for death threats

www.newsmax.com...

www.wnd.com...

against Christians. I could list many more than the most recent one.

I am using the term kyrstalnacht metaphorically, as in the purposeful and hateful acts, that seek to destroy the businesses and livelihoods of Christians in particular, but also calling to destroy and even kill those who hold differing opinions on climate change, etc. Lately people have been purposely going to Christian owned businesses, even going business to business until they find some poor sap who will say something stupid, and voila, another Christian to drive out of business and to send death threats to.

There is an online, twitter, email, social media kyrstalnacht that is happening right now.
And Christians like these poor pizza owners live in fear of their lives.

www.mediaite.com...

www.thenewcivilrightsmovement.com...

www.mirror.co.uk...

www.christianpost.com... tens-to-take-her-home-business-away-136613/

edit on 9Mon, 06 Apr 2015 09:54:09 -0500am40604amk061 by grandmakdw because: addition format fixed broken link

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join