It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is the Outrage to close Muslim bakeries for not serving Gays?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
America, the land of forced bakery.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Just out of curiosity.

If a black owned bakery was asked by a KKK member to cater his wedding.

Would it be ok for the baker to deny service?

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369

Muslims account for 0.6% of the population lol

And gays amount to the same figure. Yet they crave so much attention. Real princesses with tantrum for attention. Gee, leave the pillow at home and let society deal with what really matters.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: mindseye1609
a reply to: Prezbo369

World wide they account for 1.6 billion people, 20% of which are the "cut the head off of infidel" kind which is around 320 million people. That makes up more then 95% of the United states Of America population.

.....you think there are 320 million (cut the head off the infidel type) Islamic extremist? Enough to invade the and conqouer the US in a matter of hours? Oh dear!

Regardless, the op thinks those relatively few Muslims should receive as much criticism as the Christians in regards to the GTLB discrimination, which is of course ridiculous and pitiful.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Telos

And gays amount to the same figure. Yet they crave so much attention. Real princesses with tantrum for attention. Gee, leave the pillow at home and let society deal with what really matters.

No they just want to be treated like everyone else......but I can tell you have no interest in that.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
First off, I believe any business owner has the right to refuse any gay couple anything. I really dont care. But it clearly shows that LGBT want to specifically target Christian businesses because deep inside many of them harbor absolute hate for churches and Christian followers of God.

Muslims businesses however should be forced to follow the same laws if thats the route the legislation is going to go.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

It is about being asked to PARTICIPATE in an activity that goes against their religious beliefs not whether they like you or not?

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
What on Earth is a "Gay Cake"?

Can cakes be gay?

I don't wanna live in a world where two Ironman themed cakes can just get stacked on each other!

Can you imagine effing up all that frosting!?

Now two Black Widow cakes? All about it.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Telos

Ah, the good old ad hominem attack. Good call. Really makes me wanna take your side! Actually it isn't a tantrum when you want to be treated like everyone else. I myself am pretty ticked..except that I see this for what it is : yet another attempt by certain parties to stir crap up. There will be outrage, but let's face it, Muslims in this country aren't scurrying about like rodents trying to pass laws to marginalize folks, make discrimination legal or, you know, force states to shoot me in the head.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
What if a Jewish delicatessen refuses to cater to a Muslim wedding?

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Sure... baking a cake that has two grooms on it is the same as going to a gay wedding and renouncing your religion in the name of fairness. Now about the survival issues?

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: DYepes
First off, I believe any business owner has the right to refuse any gay couple anything. I really dont care. But it clearly shows that LGBT want to specifically target Christian businesses because deep inside many of them harbor absolute hate for churches and Christian followers of God.

Muslims businesses however should be forced to follow the same laws if thats the route the legislation is going to go.

Yeah Christians are the victims here, not being allowed to discriminate.......

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Im still waiting for chistians to show me where in the bible it says not to bake cakes for bad people.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

As pointed out in the other thread, the pizzeria's comment got said on on a much larger stage then a youtube channel.

No offense to Mr crowder but how much of his audience is the lgbt community?

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I've never heard of him before today, if that helps.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Oa reply to: Prezbo369

The United states combined with all her allies don't even have the logistics to mobilize 320 million people....

Those numbers are sound, the 20% figure was one of the more conservative estimates. An imam a in Dearborn is the one who said it, an Americanized usually apologetic imam. One who would probably want to short change the actual number of extremists.

As for the 320 million extremists... Just because they exsist doesn't mean they can do anything.. Most of these people can barely afford a goat in Pakistan let alone a plane ticket to do anything... It's just a 320million strong crop for the picking.. It's a AAA baseball team for the money behind extremist Islam.. It makes sure every recruitment call does not echo hollow. It still takes money to raise an army and to keep things rolling..

It's logisticly impossible to mobilize all 320 million Muslim extremeists and if they even tried it would just present a target list a mile long.... Instead this 320 million lives a civilian life PROLONGING what violence money will allow... If all 320 million stood up ready to fight I would be extactic.... Extremists Islam wouldn't last but one more war if that was the case... As it is now just little pockets gets wiped out and new ones are standing in the shadows ready to take over.

Think a little deeper before you belittle someone next time please.
edit on 3-4-2015 by mindseye1609 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

the point is there is no media splash, no internet tumoil or social media attacks against any of these Muslim Businesses who wont bake a Gay wedding cake.

There are key differences.

First and foremost, Indiana's RFRA as with others, was pushed by GOP politicians as a gift to voters in the Christian Right who have been spitting nails over same sex marriage. It was sold to (conservative Christian) supporters as a means to use religion as an excuse to discriminate and you don't have to take my word for it either:

It quoted same-sex marriage opponent Micah Clark, executive director of the American Family Association of Indiana: "If there is no way to protect marriage as the union of a man and a woman, then we must protect the freedom of conscience, thought and speech on marriage in Indiana."

So here we have a law that was created with the express purpose of giving business owners within the Christian Right a way to attack same sex marriage and not to protect anyone from being forced into violating their deeply held religious beliefs.

Given these facts, it makes perfect sense that a business owner from the Christian Right would be asked for her opinion. One of the owners of Memories pizzeria, which is in Indiana, made her comments in an interview regarding Indiana's RFRA and she made them to an ABC affiliate. ABC is a national television network, Steve Crowder has a YouTube channel. Do you expect that every time right-wing Christians wage political war for regressive ideals, that the media should run out and find a Muslim behaving as badly?

Also, let's clear something up here. Nobody is suggesting that business owners should be compelled to create products that are inherently offensive, let alone sacrilegious. All anyone wants is for these businesses to sell the same goods to somebody who isn't the same sexuality/race/ethnicity/religion as they would to somebody that who was.

The notion that this debate has been about anything else is nothing more than an after the fact justification and it's complete BS just like this "levels of engagement" argument. In none of the cases that has made national news did a bakery or pizzeria say that wouldn't make an offensively decorated/designed cake or pizza for a gay couple, they said they wouldn't make a cake or pizza for a gay couple who might serve it at a same sex marriage reception.
edit on 2015-4-3 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Michigan law doesn't cover LGBT people. They are free to discriminate.

Michigan Discrimination Laws

In Michigan today it is perfectly legal to fire, refuse to hire, or refuse to promote someone - because an employer thinks they are lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender. There are numerous documented incidents of individuals being fired for this reason, regardless of job performance. Once fired, these individuals are left with no legal recourse.

It's also legal to deny LGBT people rental housing or to refuse to serve them in stores, restaurants, and other public accommodations. As is the case with job discrimination, LGBT individuals are offered no protection under state law, and thus have few options when facing discriminatory practices in housing or services.

Any more questions?

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: mindseye1609
Oa reply to: Prezbo369

The United states combined with all her allies don't even have the logistics to mobilize 320 million people....

Those numbers are sound, the 20% figure was one of the more conservative estimates. An imam a in Dearborn is the one who said it, an Americanized usually apologetic imam. One who would probably want to short change the actual number of extremists.

As for the 320 million extremists... Just because they exsist doesn't mean they can do anything.. Most of these people can barely afford a goat in Pakistan let alone a plane ticket to do anything... It's just a 320million strong crop for the picking.. It's a AAA baseball team for the money behind extremist Islam.. It makes sure every recruitment call does not echo hollow. It still takes money to raise an army and to keep things rolling..

It's logisticly impossible to mobilize all 320 million Muslim extremeists and if they even tried it would just present a target list a mile long.... Instead this 320 million lives a civilian life PROLONGING what violence money will allow... If all 320 million stood up ready to fight I would be extactic.... Extremists Islam wouldn't last but one more war if that was the case... As it is now just little pockets gets wiped out and new ones are standing in the shadows ready to take over.

Think a little deeper before you belittle someone next time please.

You could give more of a source for that percent/number than 'what someone said one time'.....and if there were 320 million head cutting US hating Muslims wouldn't there be an incident every single day of the week? do all such folk need to be have money in order to commit atrocities around the world?.......try to think rationally before posting, it can set you apart from the irrational bigots.
edit on 3-4-2015 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

The question in the OP still stands.
Where is the outrage?
Why would the LGBT community attack one group for supossed discrimination, and yet ignore another?
After all, discrimination is discrimination, isn't it?
edit on 4/3/2015 by ProfessorChaos because: typo

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join