It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inuit elders warn NASA, the earth has shifted

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I planted trees 20 years ago to shade me from from the evening sun so I could view the sunset without direct sun in my eyes.I have a benchmark on my patio where I align my chair.I am now planting trees 12 ft further north to keep the sun out of my eyes.Either the sun has moved or my yard has moved.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Sunwolf

Or the trees and topsoil has moved and your patio has settled.

What would have been better is a picture 20 years ago of the setting and/or rising sun, and then a picture taken on the same date this year, from the same position, with a land mark on the horizon in both pictures.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Have you taken into consideration that the Sun sets in different positions over the course of Summer ... I noticed this whilst in Canada in a small bay taking photos ... it was not long before the Sun was setting further West and I had to travel further east from the bay to catch the moment of sunset ... the distance was quite a way ...
edit on 4-4-2015 by artistpoet because: mistake in text

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I find it incredibly depressing that with everything we as the human race know now and the basic information available to anyone that they could use to verify the positions of celestial bodies relative to ourselves that this discussion is even happening.
I can understand why some people would have been confused even mere decades ago, but with the vast expanse of human knowledge now at our fingertips along with the increasingly cheap yet increasingly more accurate telescopes and mounts available with advanced computer software there really is no excuse for this crude level of thinking.
It's like going back in time and trying to explain things to some medieval peasant, absolutely ridiculous.
edit on 4-4-2015 by AgentSmith because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I'd trust them, before I trusted some paid-off spin weasel posing as a scientist.

If a scientist can't show the truth in order to get funding, than take their statement and twist pure crap to fit the cracks.
edit on 4-4-2015 by BlackboxInquiry because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackboxInquiry
I'd trust them, before I trusted some paid-off spin weasel posing as a scientist.

If a scientist can't show the truth in order to get funding, than take their statement and twist pure crap to fit the cracks.

If you engaged your brain and learnt the relevant material you'd be able to figure it out yourself without having to rely on anyone else. And no its not all manipulated, if you actually learned what you need to you'd see how that's not possible.
I really pity people like you.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgentSmith

originally posted by: BlackboxInquiry

If you engaged your brain and learnt the relevant material you'd be able to figure it out yourself without having to rely on anyone else. And no its not all manipulated, if you actually learned what you need to you'd see how that's not possible.
I really pity people like you.

I pity the lemmings. I wasn't implying it's all bunk, you made that leap.

Thanks for the insults. I offer no compliments to you, nor your parents - you deserve no such kindness.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

I go for a 5km walk each morning around sunrise 10 years ago in March/September the sunrise aligned with one road I walked along now it doesn't, to anyone with powers of observation and intuition the night sky seems to of changed too,I actually use my eyes on these walks I know when its spider web season,when the caterpillars will be crossing the paths,when the Jacarandas and Poincianas are in bloom,when the blue ground cover flowers occur with indiginous peoples they observe hundreds of nuances and patterns to hunt track and navigate if they say something is wrong I would tend to believe them.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: AgentSmith

So much faith in all that science and technology that as of yet cant even cure a common cold.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

oh please whatever Smith. You come in here insulting people a if you knew every detail and piece of knowledge there was to know on this specific topic without having googled it yourself. That is not very civil. Do not claim that you already knew every piece of detail on the top of your head before posting, then youd just be a grand standing liar. I have not had to study this field as I am no scientist, engineer, meteorologist, or astronomer so I would not have known about any of this. We were all having a nice polite discussion until you chimed in with your pity to try and make us feel dumb.

Politely go forth, and reproduce with thyself.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
If the sun were setting in a different place then expected there would be hundreds of millions of "rooted" people all over the earth who would know it, not to mention the who knows how many people observing the skies with the scientific equipment to measure it many,many of them amateurs unaffiliated with any government or institution. The news would be all over the world with details and measurements anyone could check out, not just people here and there posting that the sun is in the wrong place relative to a tree branch (or whatever.)

Not to mention that NONE of the technology based on satellites would work anymore: aviation, telecommunication, GPS units, satellite TV----you name it.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I think folks like the Inuit know a lot more than they're letting on about how the Earth works.

I've seen multiple threads regarding strange positioning of the Sun and Moon when they rise, which is probably explained by a tilting of the Earth's axis.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: DYepes

I am an astronomer, what I resent are comments like the ones that I replied to that scientists are "paid off spin weasels".
Perhaps you should consider who started the insults, directly or not.

I don't have to Google anything to know that some inuit elders saying the Earth has "shifted" is complete crap.
What I also find insulting is that when people who admit they have no knowledge in the field of study spout off nonsense without listening to those that do, or that think watching a YouTube video or reading a website qualifies them anywhere near as much a lifetime of dedication, experience and education
Perhaps you should stop assuming that everyone that posts on here is a layman "Googling things".

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Astronomer eh?? Im going to stoop to the "pics or it didnt happen" argument, and continue to attempt a polite conversation with the rest of us who were doing so. Thank you for your time.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

Astronomy has nothing to do with Microbiology. Do you think of Science as a whole as some magical thing you don't understand? Science is about learning, which includes making mistakes and refining ideas.
Microbiology isn't my field but I'm assuming you don't understand the complexities of viruses and how they mutate. It's not like a bacteria which can be treated with an anti-biotic - though after a while excessive antibiotic use just causes them to become resistant.
There are several viruses I believe that can cause the common cold and I imagine their genetic sequences vary making a vaccine hard. Like I said, not my field so I'm no expert sorry, I just know enough to know why your statement is meaningless.
edit on 4-4-2015 by AgentSmith because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: DYepes

Astronomer eh?? Im going to stoop to the "pics or it didnt happen" argument, and continue to attempt a polite conversation with the rest of us who were doing so. Thank you for your time.

You can stoop to what ever arguments you want. I have no requirement or desire to prove myself to you or anyone else. Funnily enough my life wont feel empty if you dont believe me..

I'm not even sure why you decided to get involved as my comment was directed at someone whose comments I took offense at.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Well we may as well get rid of all the paranormal,ufo and mother nature threads then because its obvious to you that nothing needs further explanation because science has explained it all as bunkum,there is something to this phenomenon sorry but feel free to believe whatever you believe as it obviously makes you comfy.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
I think folks like the Inuit know a lot more than they're letting on about how the Earth buy works.

I've seen multiple threads regarding strange positioning of the Sun and Moon when they rise, which is probably explained by a tilting of the Earth's axis.

You could just download one of those astroviewer apps on your smartphone. It always matches up with where the moon, planets and stars are. What kind of impossible conspiracy would it take to arrange that if the earth's axis had miraculously tilted?

Not to mention all the hundreds of millions of people on earth with just as much "rooted" cred as the Inuits who know that the heavens have not changed at all. How many skywatchers do you think there are on the planet?

A major tenet of Islam involves predicting exactly when the moon will become visible at certain times. Do you think 1.5 billion people would keep quiet about that?

You can buy a planisphere for five bucks and see everything is in order. You can get a fifty year old planisphere and see it still matches up.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum

Well we may as well get rid of all the paranormal,ufo and mother nature threads then because its obvious to you that nothing needs further explanation because science has explained it all as bunkum,there is something to this uiiphenomenon sorry but feel free to believe whatever you believe as it obviously makes you comfy.

The sun, moon and constellations appear just where they should . The earth's axis has not changed.

Anyone with a sixth grade education can figure this out. Sorry to be blunt but there it is.

This ought to be in Skunk Works.
edit on 4-4-2015 by DelMarvel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: DelMarvel

I have explained that when there is a change everything is overwritten including your brain by the new information and that that is why the information always corresponds and that something/someone out there with a far greater knowledge in physics,quantum physics,mathematics and the manipulation of time and space than a sixth grader is interfering,the good news is the earth hasn't blown up yet so it seems to know what it is doing.
edit on 4-4-2015 by khnum because: spelling error

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join