It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inuit elders warn NASA, the earth has shifted

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Here's a project for a few of you. It will take some time and dedication, but not a lot of work or money. You can construct an analemma of your own and track the position of the sun throughout the year. Take notes, see if it lines up with what the science says.

This website will teach you how to construct, use, and understand an analemma. I say give it a shot if you're willing to be proven wrong. Otherwise, it's going back to that same ol' willful ignorance...

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

No your not broken, even though over written there may be shadows of past memories maybe you saw Larry King do Billy Grahams obituary on CNN,maybe you saw Arafat blown to kingdom come by the Israelis,perhaps you saw time and space altered to save Wall Street,the memory is no longer there but it was and the shadow is still there intuitively you know something is wrong but you just cant quite figure out what it is-welcome to the human race.
edit on 3-4-2015 by khnum because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

I don't believe that the earth has shifted, so what these Inuits are claiming I have no idea. But something has obviously changed, and they've noticed it. Albeit, I think their assessment is incorrect.

But at the same time, I don't attempt to discredit an entire group of peoples based on factless exaggerations... particularly if that disinformation is coming from someone who has never actually spent any time in the Arctic face to face with these people.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Stop making sense you science shill!

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

...yet those with their degrees are mocking them without actually looking at the sunset.

I'm not mocking you with my degree in physics, but it sure does feel like I'm beating my head against the wall.

I've been using telescopes since I could walk. My parents got me interested in astronomy at a very young age. I know the sky very well. I have been observing it for years, and not just from all over Michigan, but around the country. I have plenty of experience on top of my education to confidently say that nothing has changed. As eriktheawful said before on page one of this thread:

1) GPS would not work anymore.

2) All the stars would be in the wrong place.....and their not. Their Right Ascension and Declination coordinates are the same.

3) The sun would be rising and setting in the wrong place EVERY WHERE. Not in just one place.

4) If the Earth shifted on it's axis, there would be no covering it up, or hiding it. It would be very apparent to literally hundreds of millions of people.

But, save for some stars, that post seems to have gone largely ignored.
edit on 4/3/2015 by cmdrkeenkid because: Fixing typo.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Well they were interviewed for a film about global warming, so I'd hazard a guess it's about that..

edit on 3/4/15 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

Dude I did an entire thread about this way back when, I covered Stonehenge, Manhattanhenge and pinhole photography.

Some took it on, but most just aren't interested in anything that contradicts their preconcieved beliefs.

I find it funny that these Inuit are actually talking about global warming, and that fact is totally ignored.

Actually if this film was presented the way it was intended, it would be ignored and their opinion dismissed. But they're experts when it comes to the earths axis changing...go figure!

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Well the variations in the timing of caribou migrations through certain areas has definitely changed over the years due to climate changes happening more drastically in these northern areas... but as for this earth shift thing ?

I'm at a loss as to why they would be claiming that.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

I don't think they are? What they're saying is being taken out of context.

It's been 4 years since I watched it

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

I haven't watched the film in ages either, but I do recall them saying something about the sun setting at a different part of the horizon.

Maybe I'll watch the film again... you might have a valid point about it being taken out of context ?

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothar
OMG how can anyone with an education fall for this nonsense unless they believe that every single astronomer is now delusional and/or all their equipment (programmed to the old position) is now magically working with the new position.

DUH!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
The Inuit are intelligent, wise people, and keen observers of the natural world. They are also honest. If they say the sun rises and/or sets in a new place, I believe them. If they have seen these things, then NASA and other important organizations MUST be aware of it. They are silent, and so too, is the entire astronomical profession. The astronomers are either silenced, or have been so diverted into projects like the search for exo-planets, they they are no worldly good.

EDIT: Having read the entire discourse in this thread, I think I may regret stepping into the snakepit once again.
edit on 3-4-2015 by Lazarus Short because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Lazarus Short

What about the literal hundreds of thousands of amateur astronomers and astrophotographers from around the world? Are we all being silenced as well?

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: cmdrkeenkid

What about the literal hundreds of thousands of amateur astronomers and astrophotographers from around the world? Are we all being silenced as well?

OK, how do you explain it?

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Read through the entire thread? Lots of explaining has already been done.

EDIT TO ADD:

And if your idea of silencing the entire global community of amateur astronomers is the best possible explanation you have, could you kindly direct me to whom I should be speaking with for nearly thirty years of back-pay, plus interest?
edit on 4/3/2015 by cmdrkeenkid because: Added additional response.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: cmdrkeenkid

Read through the entire thread? Lots of explaining has already been done.

Well, I guess we're done then.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Because you're not going to read through the thread? Here, I'll link to the pertinent posts in the order they appeared in the thread.

A post by Silcone Synapse
A post by eriktheawful
A post by me
A post by me
A post by me

And, as an added bonus, the entire ten page thread about this, authored by Chadwickus, from July, 2011!
The sun is exactly where it should be!

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Last year the Sun's magnetic poles reversed ... this does not mean the physical Sun flipped upside down

The Earth's magnetic poles are constantly moving ... and have reversed many times in Earth's history

" The Earth's magnetic poles move. The magnetic North Pole moves in loops of up to 50 miles (80 km) per day. But its actual location, an average of all these loops, is also moving at around 25 miles a year [ref]. In the last 150 years, the pole has wandered a total of about 685 miles (1102 kilometers). The magnetic South Pole moves in a similar fashion."

science.howstuffworks.com... uestion782.htm

Perhaps the landscape itself is changing from the Inuit's perspective due to ice loss thus lowering the horizon ... this would explain why they see the Sun rise higher ... and conclude The Earth had tilted northward

Just some ideas ...

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: greencmp
That's absolutely fascinating.

I've noted as well where I live that the progression of the Sun seems different and that it gets light later in the day than it should.

Very interesting.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join