It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inuit elders warn NASA, the earth has shifted

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

Lol, I have learned to trust my gut and my instincts.

I don't care what the official narrative is, I sees what I sees.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Duplicate, delete.
edit on 5-4-2015 by AgentSmith because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum
a reply to: StoogeRemoval

But the dingle of the dangle is proportionate to the size of the rise of the direction of the erection equals 4/6 of wheres your father and it has always been so,so you I and the inuit are apparently wrong.

Is that what math sounds like to you? No wonder you get confused....

Message to the kids reading, pay attention in school or that's what you can look forward to.

(post by khnum removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: StoogeRemoval
Going by my own observations it looks to me like the sun is setting further towards the north than it used to. re yellowish.

You do know the sun starts setting further and further towards the north after December?

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

POST REMOVED BY STAFF.

Geez! There are multiple SIMPLE TO UNDERSTAND methods for you to verify for yourself that the axis of the earth has not shifted. These could be done by someone with a middle school education, maybe grade school.

Here's a video from the 2015 spring equinox in the Yucatan in Mexico where the monument at Chichen Itza lines up with the sun exactly as it has for well over a thousand years. This wouldn't be happening if the earth's axis had moved at all and the sun's relative position with the earth were different even in the slightest. This would be huge news if this event in Mexico didn't happen and there is no way anyone could keep it secret.

YOUTUBE LINK.
edit on 5-4-2015 by DelMarvel because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun Apr 5 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: DelMarvel

There are some things that the universe shows you that is for your personal edification only if you were to relate them to people with no frame of reference other than the accepted paradigm they will label you a madman,such an event just occurred for a poster on the Berenstein bear thread,now I know the sun still shines at the right place at Stonehenge,in Mexico as you have linked to etc,

I know if there were changes GPS would probably be out,and I also know NASA and the Planetariums would be telling us of changes too yet they aren't.People with observation,intuition and good memories do seem to be noticing changes however,so things are possibly changing but the record doesn't seem to be showing it quantum physics and mechanics suggest that when one reality folds into another the code for that reality is overwritten by the new reality,now I am not the Buddha so the answer is hypothesis and speculation,I just assume some higher authority is at work there are many things that science has not come to grips with yet so as at this stage of human development I regard nothing as unequivocal.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

such an event just occurred for a poster on the Berenstein bear thread

Looks like one of those "time shift" threads. The thing of it is, the human mind can be extremely unreliable. That's why the scientific method is so successful with its quantifiable measurements that others verify. That's why the ancients marked astronomical events with permanent structures.

If you remember something differently than how it is it's probably because you're remembering it wrong. This is especially true of the relative position of astronomical bodies which are constantly changing. The sun, for example, is constantly setting in a different place and taking a different path through the sky on a daily basis. It is very easy to become confused about when you saw it where and fill in conclusions that aren't true.

For example, one could say that the sun was casting a shadow on a certain spot last fall but not this fall. But they could be remembering something they saw in early September in a previous year and comparing it to something they're seeing now in late October.
edit on 5-4-2015 by DelMarvel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I think what the Inuit elders are saying is that the sun is in wrong place in sky for the seasonal changes they now experiencing so from their understanding they see it as a planetary shift because they not using a calendar to work out the correct position of the sun in the sky. So rather than attack their lack of science one should question the weather patterns themselves, is winter starting earlier etc to work out if they are right or not.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend
I think what the Inuit elders are saying is that the sun is in wrong place in sky for the seasonal changes they now experiencing so from their understanding they see it as a planetary shift because they not using a calendar to work out the correct position of the sun in the sky. So rather than attack their lack of science one should question the weather patterns themselves, is winter starting earlier etc to work out if they are right or not.

No, what was being said was that the earth had actually changed its tilt.

What is believed to be the case is that they were seeing the sun sooner because of optical conditions caused by climate change.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: DelMarvel

Going by my own observations it looks to me like the sun is setting further towards the north than it used to. re yellowish.

You do know the sun starts setting further and further towards the north after December?

Please do not insult my intelligence. I am obviously not talking about seasonal changes that happen every year.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: DelMarvel

The sun, for example, is constantly setting in a different place and taking a different path through the sky on a daily basis. It is very easy to become confused about when you saw it where and fill in conclusions that aren't true. For example, one could say that the sun was casting a shadow on a certain spot last fall but not this fall. But they could be remembering something they saw in early September in a previous year and comparing it to something they're seeing now in late October.

You really think people are stupid don't you. What if that shadow never reached that spot before, ever, in any season? What if light now shines in places it never did before in any season?

Your shortsighted "explanations" don't cut it.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Just in case some reading the thread are not sure (and no, I'm not calling anyone's education into question. Sometimes people simply do not know or remember these things, especially if it's not something you deal with or pay attention to).

Not only does the sun's angle and path across the sky change with the seasons as we orbit around the sun, but where ti rises and sits on the horizon will change too.

As we get closer to summer, and June 21st, where the sun sets will keep moving north, each morning and evening the sun will appear to have moved further north. After that date, the sun will begin to move south again, each evening setting and each morning rising further south until December 21st, and then the cycle repeats as the sun's position appears to move north again.

Again, just for any that may have been confused, or thought that only the angle of the sun changed, but that it's position on the horizon when it sets or rises stays the same. It doesn't, but moves too.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Just in case some reading the thread are not sure (and no, I'm not calling anyone's education into question.

Are you then suggesting that people can not remember what things looked like over the span of one year?

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   

a reply to: eriktheawful

Just in case some reading the thread are not sure (and no, I'm not calling anyone's education into question.

Are you then suggesting that people can not remember what things looked like over the span of one year?

I'm suggesting that I was at a BBQ yesterday afternoon, and people that I've known for years when I asked them said that the angle changed but not where the sun rises or sets.

But since you asked: No. I trust a camera more than I do a person's memory.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: DelMarvel

Please do not insult my intelligence. I am obviously not talking about seasonal changes that happen every year.

I don't know how to put this politely but you're the one who put your own intelligence into question by suggesting the sun is setting where it shouldn't be.

The logical assumption from that would be that you are observing the normal seasonal movement of the sun but not understanding what's going on.

This is really way into flat earth territory here.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I mean, all you have to do is download something like Google sky map on your smart phone and point it at the North Star.

It matches up perfectly.

Explain to me how any hypothetical conspiracy would work to make that happen if the earth's axis had tilted?

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Imagine a shift in the Earth so profound that it could force our entire planet to spin on its side after a few million years, tilting it so far that Alaska would sit at the equator. Princeton scientists have now provided the first compelling evidence that this kind of major shift may have happened in our world’s distant past

full article below

www.universetoday.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: AthlonSavage

Imagine a shift in the Earth so profound that it could force our entire planet to spin on its side after a few million years, tilting it so far that Alaska would sit at the equator. Princeton scientists have now provided the first compelling evidence that this kind of major shift may have happened in our world’s distant past

full article below

www.universetoday.com...

Also from your article:

Maloof said that true polar wander was most likely to occur when the Earth’s landmasses were fused together to form a single supercontinent, something that has happened at least twice in the distant past. But he said we should not worry about the planet going through a major shift again any time soon.

“If a true polar wander event has occurred in our planet’s history, it’s likely been when the continents formed a single mass on one side of the Earth,” he said. “We don’t expect there to be another event in the foreseeable future, though. The Earth’s surface is pretty well balanced today.”

And a more up to date interview:

MALOOF: That's right. About 800 million years ago, we were actually looking at sedimentary rocks in Svalbard and Australia, two - today - opposite sides of the Earth, where we saw evidence that Earth seemed to have a shift in the poles relative to the continents on the order of 40 to 50 degrees.

And what was particularly bizarre about this shift is that it was a there-and-back-again motion. It seemed to rotate one way, and then rotate back.

LICHTMAN: And where did it rotate? Give us a sense. I mean, I know that the continents didn't look like they do now. But where would we be?

(LAUGHTER)

MALOOF: Yeah, well, if you were to imagine - so today, Earth's shape is not quite right to undergo this kind of true polar wander. But for the sake of a thought experiment, if it were, what you could imagine is if you were far away from the true polar wander axis, you'd essentially change 50 degrees in latitude. So, like, you open the show, you'd say Boston would end up on the equator.

If, on the other hand, you were very close to the true polar wander axis - in other words, the axis around which all this rotation is going on - you'd end up just spinning around. So if that was - if, for example, you were in, say, the - I don't know, somewhere in the tropics, say, the Bahamas, and this happened, you would literally - your shoreline would just rotate around 50 degrees. You might be facing north instead of east.

LICHTMAN: How fast did this happen?

MALOOF: Well, our time constraints are not very good, but based on what we can say, we're guessing somewhere between 10 and 20 million years.

LICHTMAN: How much is that a day?

MALOOF: Yeah. Per day, on the order of, say, 50 centimeters. So, for a geologist, this is extremely fast, believe it or not. Right?

(LAUGHTER)

MALOOF: And, you know, when we talk about plate tectonics, we talk about the fastest plates moving on the order of five centimeters today. So it's almost an order of magnitude faster, which is a big deal for geologists.

www.npr.org...

Emphasis mine..

Just to put it into accurate perspective...

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 03:51 AM
link   
An old myth, ressurected for a new bunch of sheeple ....

This from 2009:

www.theglobeandmail.com...

Meanwhile here in Evesham in England, the Sun continues to rise and set exactly where it always has and the stars remain exactly where they should be. And the annual "Manhattan Stonehenge" occurs on schedule every year ... You can check yourself on May 28th this year.

For what is really happening, try this:

www.skepticalscience.com...
edit on 6-4-2015 by AndyMayhew because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join