It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gays & Muslims & Pizza & Bakeries...How to Win.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I personally don't care about the "He said this, She did this, They are gay, They're not gay, They're not Christian, They're Christian, They're Muslim...blah, blah,blah...

Here's my solution if I were living in these areas of contention and freedom stompers...Open up some businesses!

1. Pizza shop with gay and non gay workers, throw in a few Muslims & Christians and start catering to the Gay community, Christians, Muslims and anyone else who wants a great pizza. You will find many members of these communities don't actually hate each other like we're being lead to believe.

Advertise the hell out of it! Think you won't have business? Think again.

2. Bakery...Rinse & Repeat as needed.

If the Christians won't tolerate and the Muslims gotta hate, just do your own thing. I'm not gay nor Muslim but I see one hell of a business opportunity and if I lived anywhere near these areas I'd be doing up floor plans and fliers right now.

While they're all fighting amongst each other and their customers (or non customers now actually) and the laws, and the State and the Fed...Get cooking and make history!

I have a feeling there will be requests for franchises by many that just want to live and let live. Why dwell on intolerance which is something you can't control when you can start a business that leads the way to equal rights and pizzas for anyone?

Just a thought.

Jude11

edit on 3-4-2015 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
But what if you don't have the means or ability to run/own a business? and just want to be able to shop without being discriminated against just like everyone else?

This idea doesn't solve or help the issue at all really.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: jude11

Its a great thought jude11, but as the poster above alluded to, it may not be all that effective at resolving the issues which are coming to the fore at the moment.

It is certainly an appealing concept though.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369
But what if you don't have the means or ability to run/own a business? and just want to be able to shop without being discriminated against just like everyone else?

This idea doesn't solve or help the issue at all really.

Not everyone can but many do have the ability.

Does it solve the problem? No, it just helps raise awareness and promote tolerance.

I am trying to make lemonade out of lemons here.

And the free publicity will be invaluable.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not doing it solely to make a statement. I realize that I can't solve all the World's problems but I can make a buck in my little corner of it while everyone else dukes it out.

Jude11

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Can you imagine a print shop owned by a Democrat refusing to print campaign posters for a Republican candidate? Or vice versa?
I can't.
Maybe we need bakeries and pizza shops that are owned by politicians.
As long as you have money, you would be welcome.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Can you imagine a print shop owned by a Democrat refusing to print campaign posters for a Republican candidate? Or vice versa?
I can't.
Maybe we need bakeries and pizza shops that are owned by politicians.
As long as you have money, you would be welcome.

I can see it now...

"You're wrong sir...in our bakery, 11 actually is a dozen"

"Sorry ma'am...due to inflation your pizza price went up by 200% while in the delivery van"

Yup...

Jude11

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Its a great thought jude11, but as the poster above alluded to, it may not be all that effective at resolving the issues which are coming to the fore at the moment.

It is certainly an appealing concept though.

Can't solve it through a few doughnuts and a slice but I can make a good buck while doing what I believe is my own personal contribution right?

Jude11

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
You got it!

Or in order to get a dozen of the kind that you want today, you must prepay for a dozen of a kind that you don't like to be picked up at a later date!

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

i posit that we won't "solve" the issues. You can't effect a solution on ingrained viewpoint mixed in with human nature/mob mentality.

I also posit that the only solution that doesn't deviate from sanity is to just do "you". Be who you are. And in the process....be what you want the world to be. And encourage this in others.

Because honestly....it looks like all the "solutions" have gotten us into a right mess.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: TrueBrit

i posit that we won't "solve" the issues. You can't effect a solution on ingrained viewpoint mixed in with human nature/mob mentality.

I also posit that the only solution that doesn't deviate from sanity is to just do "you". Be who you are. And in the process....be what you want the world to be. And encourage this in others.

Because honestly....it looks like all the "solutions" have gotten us into a right mess.

Agreed.

So my solution is to make money while everyone else goes about being haters and idiots.

Close shop, take my money and disappear.

Jude11

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

That's a fair point BFFT.

Without significant change in the way group think tends to hyper polarise attitudes, these issues will keep coming up, time and again though, and something ought to be done. These issues have been around for a considerable time, and I grow frustrated with my fellow human beings, when rather than sorting their issues out once and for all, so that attention can be paid to other matters, they insist on circling the pan on matters such as these.

It would be good for the species if there was more argument about how to best achieve alternative methods of propulsion in space, than whether or not it is permissible for a Christian to serve pizza to a gay wedding.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

That's a fair point BFFT.

Without significant change in the way group think tends to hyper polarise attitudes, these issues will keep coming up, time and again though, and something ought to be done. These issues have been around for a considerable time, and I grow frustrated with my fellow human beings, when rather than sorting their issues out once and for all, so that attention can be paid to other matters, they insist on circling the pan on matters such as these.

It would be good for the species if there was more argument about how to best achieve alternative methods of propulsion in space, than whether or not it is permissible for a Christian to serve pizza to a gay wedding.

With help from the MSM through the direction of Politicians with agendas of keeping us fighting each other, we can never win.

Not until the majority come to realize how they are being played so effectively that even those who would never think or feel a certain way suddenly wake up one morning with intolerance where it never existed the day before.

I don't believe we are born intolerant, we are just programmed to be that way for someone's personal agenda.

Meanwhile..."Steve & John, your pizza is ready!"

Jude11

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Respect that everyone has their own idea of what marriage is and stop trying to force everyone else to participate in yours if they don't want to?

It's that simple. It really is.

edit on 3-4-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Keep in mind that this incessant bickering is nothing new.

These scenarios are what went on when blacks were fighting for their freedoms, when women were fighting for the right to vote, etc etc ad nauseum. At some point, somebody is going to take it too far and blood will be shed.

The fight to be treated like a human being has been going on all over the world since time immemorial.

It's an aspect of the human condition that absolutely disgusts me to no end...

But the fact that we even have to be having these discussions in 2015 disgusts me even more.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Respect that everyone has their own idea of what marriage is and stop trying to force everyone else to participate in yours if they don't want to?

Yup, and the pizza shop could have a non-denominational wedding chapel attached to it.

Jude11

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Selling a cake isn't participating in a marriage though.......it's just selling a cake.

Such Christians need to stop playing the victim while attempting to discriminate.

new topics

top topics

join