It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Respond to Wrong House, Kill Service Dog Who Worked With Children With Down Syndrome

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   

(TFTP) San Diego, CA– Ian Anderson, of San Diego, is heartbroken after his 6-year-old service dog, Burberry, was shot and killed by a police officer outside his home in Pacific Beach on Sunday morning.
The beautiful and beloved Pitbull began barking around 5:30 am when the police incorrectly arrived at Anderson’s home for “what appeared to be” a domestic disturbance. The police had reportedly went to the wrong address.
For six years Ian Anderson raised his beloved dog, it took just one second for a police man’s bullet to kill him,” NBC reporter Omari Fleming lamented.
The police had knocked on Anderson’s door and when Burberry ran outside, the dog stopped barking as one officer reached down and pet him, Anderson says.
Unfortunately, the other officer on the scene had an extreme reaction to the beautiful grey dog who reportedly worked with children with down syndrome, and began yelling at the animal, demanding that he go inside. The dog became startled, and the officer drew his weapon and ended Burberry’s happy life.
theantimedia.org...

I don't like bashing cops they have a very tough very dangerous job to do and often very thankless, and there are more good cops than bad but ferfuksakes not everyone is cut out do this..there is always that one over reactive azzole that will make a mess of things and sow distrust in the community, get rid of them they are the worm in the apple.

+13 more 
posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Shoot first, shoot later, shoot some more, and when everybody is dead try to ask a question or two.

+1 for good police work....

+16 more 
posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Wait...he yelled at the dog to go inside? When the dog didn't obey he shot the poor thing?

WTF.

+26 more 
posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   
THe rub for me:

If i shoot a dog running out of someones house, its animal cruelty. If a cop does it, its the owners fault for not keepin their dog indoors.

One set of rules for me. Another for "them".

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: SilentE
Wait...he yelled at the dog to go inside? When the dog didn't obey he shot the poor thing?

WTF.

YUP!

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Too many cases of cop mistakes. A recruitment agenda crosses my mind. Sorry for all those good policemen with undeserved stigma.

+10 more 
posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   
One cop pets the dog, and the other cop shoots it?
That's taking the good cop/bad cop game too far.

Looks like he was a friendly loving dog. So sad.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
THe rub for me:

If i shoot a dog running out of someones house, its animal cruelty. If a cop does it, its the owners fault for not keepin their dog indoors.

...if cops shoot a dog in the wrong house, it's cops mistake.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Damn even dogs are getting the rub from the police these days, what will happen to the cops who did this . . . Wait for it. . . . . NOTHING AT ALL.

Your dog is dead ummm yeah oops youll get over it my bad.

Cop should face jail time for murdering an animal just like any citizen would in the same situation.

If I shot you or your dog on purpose or by mistake, I would go to trial and if found guilty be sent to prison, but if a cop does it its just fine and dandy WTF?

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   

THe rub for me:

Of course. Don't you know you are not equal to them? Just ask a cop and they'll confirm it for you.

Jude11

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   
very sad story.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Generally, most posts on this forum make me roll my eyes, but the ones I can not comprehend are mistaken addresses and overreactions by officers.

This apparently has both, and they are unacceptable mistakes for LEOs to be making.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I know that area and the committee will demand the officer be punished or fired ASAP and he/she officer already is planning their exit.
They are the !% there.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Well this is the saddest thing I have read all day

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Max_TO
Well this is the saddest thing I have read all day

Sorry to bum everyone out, but yeah it's sad the kids with down-syndrome not to mention his companion has lost a friend.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: SilentE

WTF.

I have to say that as a dog training method, it really sucks.

Actually, police officers are trained now to shoot dogs instead of dealing with them like normal people have to deal with them.
Take a mailman for instance. They can't shoot the dogs that they run into every day at work!

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

THe rub for me:

It's even better! If a police dog attacks you for no reason, and you defend yourself, you've "killed a police officer". If the handler leaves the dog in the car until it bakes, oh well, next dog.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Granite

As well as being fired, losing all benefits, this officer should lose their right to own firearms and face criminal charges for animal cruelty and possibly public endangerment. Basically, all the charges I would face as a civilian CHL holder if I made a bad shoot on an innocent animal, that very well could have put other innocents at risk.

They pound it in your head in CHL class that you are responsible for every single one of your bullets, even if you are justified in shooting a bad guy trying to kill you, if your round penetrates and hits an innocent for example, or damages property, you don't get a free pass.

Then again, the magic blue uniform and badge is a free pass in and of itself.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
How long will the police be able to condone these stupid actions. They went to the wrong address to start with so it's all on them from the get go.

Someone in the position of a police officer with the law backing use of deadly force should not be able to use ignorance as a defense.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
how is it possible for anyone to get lost these days? with gps mapquest and others I can't think of,this happens way too often,then to shoot the children's dog is just irresponsible and the cop should't have a gun cause he seems a bit trigger happy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join