It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK 'spied on Argentina' over Falklands, claims Edward Snowden

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Documents released by the American whistle-blower Edward Snowden claim that Britain spied for several years on the Argentine government.

According to reports in the Argentine media, Britain was concerned that Argentina could launch another attempt to reclaim the Falkland Islands.

Well no # Sherlock.....

I thought that was one of the reasons we actually had SIS (MI6) and GCHQ? You know to spy on possible threats.....

Id be pissed if we were NOT spying on them!

What next Edward Snowden claims US/UK spied on soviet Russia ?

Snowden claims US/UK spied on NAZI Germany?

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Documents released by the American whistle-blower Edward Snowden claim that Britain spied for several years on the Argentine government.

According to reports in the Argentine media, Britain was concerned that Argentina could launch another attempt to reclaim the Falkland Islands.

Well no # Sherlock.....

I thought that was one of the reasons we actually had SIS (MI6) and GCHQ? You know to spy on possible threats.....

LOL...be careful with your last 2 statements....you are now a whistle-blower on the level of Snowden...

Funny that it's even in the news....OMG...a country spied on another one!

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   
This just In from Snowden; " The Military's real purpose is to fight wars". Maybe he's missing the attention, bless him.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I saw that this morning and though exactly the same.

An absolute example of a classic non-story, put out by someone who is simply seeking the spotlight.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Well no # Sherlock.....

Next up: Snowden reveals cows produce milk......

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: neformore

I saw that this morning and though exactly the same.

An absolute example of a classic non-story, put out by someone who is simply seeking the spotlight.

I admired Snowden domestic spying release.

But now he has just jumped the shark.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Hmm.

It is unlikely that the main thrust of this news story, has taken into account the main thrust of the release. Edward Snowden would know, being a former professional tech spook, that one nation, spying on the activities of another nation during a period of extreme tension, is entirely run of the mill, and not a shocker in the least. It is pretty much EXACTLY what our spy agencies are for, after all.

I get the feeling that the real news story here is that the Argentine government are angry about it, because their own spy network is such a dilapidated, collapsible stack of nonsense, that they simply cannot out flank the British intelligence outfits when it comes to the Falklands.

What is the betting that all this blather, is hiding the really interesting features of the release?

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: hotel1
This just In from Snowden; " The Military's real purpose is to fight wars". Maybe he's missing the attention, bless him.

Snowden- Army has guns to shoot at people

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   
News Flash: The France was spying on Germany after World War I, Italy was spying on countries in Africa.

The man needs to let it go, and shut up. He is in enough hot water as it is, does he think that by revealing useless information to the world is going to do him any good? He does realize that to travel out of Russia, that unless he is going to go the long round about way, most flights in and out of Europe go through British Air Space and that in some cases said planes land and refuel.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Well no # Sherlock.....

You took the words out of my fingers.
edit on 3-4-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

It just such a useless piece of non information isnt it?

Its like complaining the USA is spying on North Korea

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Well no # Sherlock.....

It does baffle me that so many idiots seem to want to confuse the right and correct use of national intelligence and security agencies with their more nefarious spying on their citizens.

One is right and one is wrong. Sensible people know the damn difference.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

Well no # Sherlock.....

It does baffle me that so many idiots seem to want to confuse the right and correct use of national intelligence and security agencies with their more nefarious spying on their citizens.

One is right and one is wrong. Sensible people know the damn difference.

As I said I appreciate snowden domestic spying release.

But this is the spy agency's actually doing the job they were meant too.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Well no # Sherlock.....

LOL. How right you are. Next in the news, Snowden reveals water is wet.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Snowden- Crap stinks

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   

No its not useless it means it has now been documented. It is now recorded and part of historty. Who do you want to write your histroy. Just like in the Iraq war we new the US where aiding in torture because of Wikileaks we now know.

You think what he leaked was useless yet you make a thread on it... What does that make you

purp..

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
This just in...

Snowden shows proof Russians are from Russia.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

No its not useless it means it has now been documented. It is now recorded and part of historty. Who do you want to write your histroy. Just like in the Iraq war we new the US where aiding in torture because of Wikileaks we now know.

You think what he leaked was useless yet you make a thread on it... What does that make you

purp..

I think what he did endangers UK security in the Falklands.

Stuff like this should not be made public.

Domestic spying like he originally reported im 100% against. But this is spying on a threat to UK territory.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
This just in...

Snowden shows proof Russians are from Russia.

OMG!

Someone tell the CIA

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Typical Pohms, you just cant trust them, sneeky bastards.
i here they recently sent a team of spies to Australia to get military information

they were dressed as English cricket players, lets hope they succeeded at getting the information because they didnt succeed at pretending to be cricket players

top topics

<<   2 >>

join