It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where do hammers come from?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Oopsie. I don't want to be an enabler.

It is an interesting show. I love seeing how things are made.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
It's a love hate thing for me, I love the ingenuity of it and the process but I see real people wasting there lives making "things"

I saw one episode and there where some small metal parts coming out of a machine and an old boy was putting them on there side on a conveyer belt, thats what he did for 40 plus hours a week to feed his family and it destroyed me.

He looked like he had been doing it for a long time.
edit on 3/4/2015 by nonspecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   

we steal them from contractors, our parents when we move, buy them when hanging pictures and forget we even bought them....I have a hammer I did not buy. It was here when I moved in. I will leave it where I found it when I leave.

I have found hammers in cars...random thing people transport but decide to leave in the trunk when unloading....just in case they need it for self defense....then in spring when we clean our cars in depth we take them out and dump them in a drawer or in a basement and forget.

good thread though. I like that its an original thought...

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Factory work can be soul killing. I did it for years. It's just endless monotonous button pushing. It's hard on the body, too.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

You nailed it (Man I almost made this thread just for that response
)

They are the ultimate cannot die tool, they come and go but you always have a hammer.

I lost my cordless drill once, I found it about 3 years later when I came to move a wardrobe.

As soon as I saw it i instantly remembered putting it on top of the wardrobe after putting up a curtain pole.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I have the same hammer I bought years ago, I've also accumulated another one. Nobody takes my original hammer because I hide it in places they would never look.

Last week I accumulated a screwdriver the plumber left behind.

I've had so many tools stolen or go missing I'm hiding them now.

I notice some men think because I'm a girl with one hand I have no use for tools. Threy think I won't notice if they accidentally steal it on purpose. Or they keep asking if they can have my tools.

I only have one hand to use and still use my hammer. I figured out how to hammer nails in the wall with my one hand by starting off a hole with a push pin, then I put the nail in the " pre drilled" and hammer away.

I'm an ignoramus hammerer. I hammer in the moonlight, I hammer in the daylight.. Lol 🔨🔨🔨

edit on 3-4-2015 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

I asked about and no one I know can say where there hammer came from but it was just there hammer. you very rarely see a new hammer, they always seem to be about 30-40 years old..

If you see one about about 30-40 years old grab it with both hands. It'll be a good one.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Perhaps you overindulged in Bloomer Happy Pants in the 90s?

Hammer Time

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   
No brainer the hardware store

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   

LOL nice thread. Here is a present.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
My hammer?

It was left behind on a construction site by someone. We were told as the site clean up crew that whatever the workers left behind we could keep as the "spoils". I snagged a few Kline bags to hold nails on my tool belt, a hammer...and I can't remember what else.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join