It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the hate on Israel on ATS . What have they done to YOU.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

And the OP question was .

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622
You know i really was hoping to see reply s along the line of . They havent done anything to me personally . If you have a dislike of Israel it is none of my business . But if they have directly had an influence on your lives , well then i am listening . Russia , bad things happening , but i dont hate them . I guess i was not born with hate .

Do you not have empathy for other human beings?

If you saw a robber invading a house, shooting an occupant and threatening to bomb the whole place unless they all leave would you be completely fine with that because you yourself aren't affected or would you be outraged at the audacity of the invader?

It's human nature to see gross abuse of power and stand up for those who are being exploited, being selfish and only caring if something directly hurts you is how genocide and the like get commited.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

Exactly...and hey guess what,..I am a human being and part of this world, maybe I should take it personal

(btw, we are all personnel of this world)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 05:43 AM
link   

a reply to: ~Lucidity

And the OP question was .

Answered.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

Do you not have empathy for other human beings?

Yes i do have empathy and i would hazard a guess and say a hell of a lot more than most people . I empathise with the people of Libya , Afghanistan , Yemen , Somalia , Iraq , Palestine , Syria , Nigeria , amongst others . I dont see what that accusation has to do with the question in my OP.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 05:52 AM
link   

a reply to: sosobad

Apologies . Missed that .

Convenient, you ask a question then don't bother to read the answers, what was the point of the thread again?

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Your op comes across as if anyone who is not personally affected should not have a negative opinion on Israel.
Are there any reasons one could hate an entire country? Expats example seemed to have satisfied you and you allowed him his hatred , and no offence to him, but even a reason like that is not enough to justify hate for an entire country. ( I suspect he doesn't hate the country though )

From what's I've read I see no one has said they actually do hate Israel , they hate the Israeli government for what is clearly going on over there , this site is majority US, the US funds Israel, how is that not affecting Americans?

It also seems like you believe there is no 'hate' aimed at other countries who have some similar things, there is plenty of hate spewed towards Russia, America, UK etc

Your Australia and New Zealand examples happened hundreds of years ago. If that were going on now with all the world watching, do you honestly believe there wouldn't be hate towards them?

Why is it that if one doesn't like Israel it becomes religious hatred? Do you think that if a non Jewish country were in the same position as Israel there wouldn't be hate too?

ATS is full of hatred at one thing or another, why did you only pick Israel ?

One of societies biggest downfalls is the opinion that if it doesn't affect us then we don't care. Empathy for others is a dying trait.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: coastlinekid

So it has directly affected you how .

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Because you keep referring to what personally happened to someone - you don't need o be personally affected to object to something. You're parroting the same line when people come up with their reasoning instead of concentrating on their reasons.

Also just because other crimes are committed, doesn't mean others are free to commit crime without judgement or punishment. Society wouldn't last a day under that kind of moral framework. Why turn a blind eye to major human rights abuses only because other countries are doing similar? It does nothing to change the fact the abuses are occurring.
edit on 3-4-2015 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   

I think you're meaning sympathy, you feel sorry for those people.

Empathy is putting yourself in their shoes and feeling what they feel, if you were truly empathetic to them you too would hate the Israeli government, and forces.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I guess we will be seeing more of Israel sympathy threads in the near future since the signing of the Iranian deal.

Predictable really.

I eagerly await the "1 year from having the bomb" threads to pop up.

Israel should really get a new hymn book to sing from.

edit on 3-4-2015 by bullcat because: (no reason given)

(post by criticalhit removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: LoopyLou

Your op comes across as if anyone who is not personally affected should not have a negative opinion on Israel.

Never said nor meant that

It also seems like you believe there is no 'hate' aimed at other countries who have some similar things, there is plenty of hate spewed towards Russia, America, UK etc

How do you know what i believe.

Why is it that if one doesn't like Israel it becomes religious hatred?

Never mentioned religion . Stick to my question please .

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:08 AM
link   

I don't hate the people I hate there government for these reasons:
1) Keep trying to start wars.

2)Making others fight there fights. They whined about Iraq yet it was the USA and UK that did the heavy work

3) Whine about other nuclear programs but don't sign up to the same nuclear treaty's the other Nuclear powers do!
edit on 3-4-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
1. theyre attitude that theyre the chosen ones superior to everyone else.
2. their systematic cold blooded murder of elderly.. disabled.. women .. children..
3. their stealing land that does not belong to them by murdering those that live there.
4. their dictating to other governments and extorting money from them.

Partial list of why am against israel and their crimes against humanity ..

And what he said

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: criticalhit

POST REMOVED BY STAFF

The point of asking a question is to get answers . Perhaps it was a bad idea , i guess foolishly i thought i might have gotten a lot of answer saying . Nothing . The OP question remains .
edit on Fri Apr 3 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:13 AM
link   
nvm
edit on 3-4-2015 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: sosobad

Hard to answer that . LOL . Did i miss something again .

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:21 AM
link   
honestly it should be none of our business, israel and the middle east are nothing but trouble, all this "understanding" compassionate condemning behavior towards either side will only lead to a war that will be of no benefit to us anyways.

so yea "f them both" is the best thing to say really, it gets tiring to hear about israel and palestine all the time you know, just burn it all to the ground before it burns the world down with it.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   
All the people that want to side with Israel..

why don't you LIVE there?

Obviously you don't care THAT MUCH.

Common sense would state that if you really believe in something and support something, you live there, live it. Be it.

edit on 3-4-2015 by bullcat because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join