It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the hate on Israel on ATS . What have they done to YOU.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: sosobad

Apologies . Missed that .

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

I mean, having an opinion is one thing, but personal attacks are another. I get being passionate about beliefs etc and people taking things too far in the heat of a moment. Ive done it myself, but the mods called me on it every time, via warnings ,removal of my posts etc...but on these type of threads it just seems out of control! Maybe im biased but im just as confused as you why hate seems acceptable when its directed at israel now. Its just a socially accepted norm and that is unsettling.
edit on 3-4-2015 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Why the hate on Israel on ATS . What have they done to YOU.

Well that's an odd question but I'll say this. I don't hate Israel but I do detest their government and the previous Adminstrations up to and including the first. Than again, I could probably say the same with mine and everyone elses. I'm like a cheese who stands alone.

As for Israel specifically, you needn't look further than the countless UN sanctions that get veto' d on principle regardless of merit.
edit on 3-4-2015 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 04:52 AM
link   

I'm not sure it's a hate on Israel more a hate on the Israeli leadership and the illegal actions of said leadership , in my opinion Bibi and co relish the backlash as it suits their purpose to portray themselves as victims and encourage Jews around the world to return to Israel , more people require more land = more settlements.

So unless you are Palestinian and had your house destroyed dont bring the occupation thing up

So if you witness someone being mugged you should just turn away and ignore it ?
People have a right to speak out when they see injustice , the plight of the Palestinian people is an injustice.

edit on 3-4-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Thanks for that , but if people read the OP in its entirety maybe this thread might have turned out a little differently . I did NOT ask why someone might hate/dislike Israel . I have copped a bit of flack but thats OK . Page 3 and only one person has been directly affected . The human rights thing is just not an argument coming from a country that invaded Iraq and half a million died . But again that is not what i asked .

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Right. I get the point of the op. Expat gave the kind of answer you seek. But this is a prime example of a thread where any and all anti israel rhetoric will be spewed even down to personal attacks. This happens almost every day now, its like a new internet fad.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 05:08 AM
link   
I don't hate Israel or the Israeli people.

I intensely disagree with the policies of some in the Israeli government and elite. What they have done to me is spy on my country, made deals with the war profiteers in my country and encouraged my country to go to war in the ME, persecuted and killed innocent people, influenced elections in my country, and taken billions of tax dollars from my country, only to turn around and, for the most part, put those tax dollars into the pockets of the people they bought and who profit.

By the same token, I don't hate Iran or her people. And I would not expect the people of other nations to hate me or my country based on the actions of the uncontrollable few. I would hope that they looked to the people who actually don't agree and identify and speak out about all of the above.

An as an aside, none of this has anything to do with religion at all. It's the bigger game.

edit on 4/3/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

The personal attacks kind of answer a question that is not in the OP .

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

I intensely disagree with the policies of some in the United states government and elite. What they have done to me is spy on my country, made deals with the war profiteers in my country and encouraged my country to go to war in the ME, persecuted and killed innocent people, influenced elections in my country, and taken billions of tax dollars from my country, only to turn around and, for the most part, put those tax dollars into the pockets of the people they bought and who profit.

I changed one word for two .

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 05:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
1. theyre attitude that theyre the chosen ones superior to everyone else.
2. their systematic cold blooded murder of elderly.. disabled.. women .. children..
3. their stealing land that does not belong to them by murdering those that live there.
4. their dictating to other governments and extorting money from them.

Sounds like the U.S government to me.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

"I intensely disagree with the policies of some in the United states government and elite. What they have done to me is spy on my country, made deals with the war profiteers in my country and encouraged my country to go to war in the ME, persecuted and killed innocent people, influenced elections in my country, and taken billions of tax dollars from my country, only to turn around and, for the most part, put those tax dollars into the pockets of the people they bought and who profit."

I changed one word for two .

What?
edit on 4/3/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 05:24 AM
link   

I substituted Israel for the United states . Tell me i am wrong .

Actually the oposite . I think

edit on 3-4-2015 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Heheh...I cannot lie, I'm just a bit confused myself.. being as objective as possible here! with that said, it was bed time a long time ago......

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 05:25 AM
link   

I substituted Israel for the United states . Tell me i am wrong .

Ermmm...that was kind of my entire point.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 05:26 AM
link   

It's a big picture, and examining one pixel won't do any good.

Here's just one pixel of why I despise Israel so much.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 05:29 AM
link   

That is like two Jews sitting at a bar in Germany in 1939 and one asks the other : "So what if they came last night and took your neighbor away...WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO YOU?"...

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: coastlinekid

They took my mate away to get gassed . That is kind of personnel .

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 05:33 AM
link   

I got that wrong , where you wrote Israel i put in the US . Can you not see that . Compare your post to my edited one .

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 05:35 AM
link   

I got that wrong , where you wrote Israel i put in the US . Can you not see that . Compare your post to my edited one .

Did you not read my reply or my entire original post? *Cough

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Boeing777

Abu Ghraibe

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join