It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When surprise opportunities to do good appear. Yes!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I did some nasty things when I was young which will haunt me until the day I die. But in my middle age, 2 situations suddenly arose that allowed me to do good.

Here's the first situation. I was walking around a small lake in a urban area when I saw a man sitting in a wheelchair, and he wasn't moving. I asked him if there was a problem but he couldn't talk. I figured out that his electric wheelchair had lost it's charge. So I pushed his pretty heavy wheelchair, and he finally managed to point towards his nearby care facility. We got there, and a person there said the person was recovering from brain damage accident , and he wanted to give me some money. I said, not necessary.

The other time, I was driving around looking for somewhere, and I turned down a very not busy residential street, and what I saw was two kids standing holding their bikes, with one child lying on the ground next to his bike. He had a lot of blood on his head. A person appeared out of the nearby house, and I told them to call for an ambulance. One of the 2 non injured kids directed me to his mother's house, and I brought her to the scene of the accident.

Weeks later, walking in the local mall, a woman approached me and asked me if I was the person who helped her son. This felt good that I was able to help in difficult times. Mostly I have screwed up, but not always.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: droid56

Nice.

Karma really doesnt care about you when you turn your head and walk away from something you should be paying attention to.

I have learned that the hard way. Dont get mad when you need help and nobody stops for you. Just look inside and think back.

I get a very nice high when I take advantage of good karma opportunities. They happen when you least expect it and maybe you dont even have time for it.

But priceless feelgoods you get when you help someone in need.

And taking money afterwards nullifies the good karma and will take away those feelgoods.

And remember... what if it was your gramma or mom or dad or brother or sister or even your dog. How would you feel if someone just turned the other way and walked.

Just do the right thing. It will come back to you in ways you never imagined.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Well, all of us make mistakes when young and a lot of us never get caught. That is why we have criminal free records and then sometimes crucify those with records . However I only see the good person in you with those two deeds. You learned and moved on, good for you.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   

The good old " i am a nice person feeling " . Who needs drugs .

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 05:11 AM
link   

I had a similar incident with an elderly woman in a wheelchair too. I was driving from work and saw her on the pavement and the wheels weren't moving. It didn't look right so, turning the car around, went back and got out to check her out. Turned out the temperature drop in weather (and rain) caused her hands to freeze up and she couldn't move the controls. The beauty was that another woman also stopped and came across. Together we pushed the woman a half-mile to her care home.

From 2012-2013 it was like having my card marked for passing people in distress. Most people might expect an opportunity to help others arising every few months or so. During that period alone it seemed like every month there was someone in my path who needed help. Broken down cars, lost old ladies, lost keys, lost phones etc It seemed almost eerie at the time because my own life was in a bad place and I was being treated for serious depression at the time.

I'm no believer in karma as life just doesn't seem to be to set up like that. Nice kids get bullied and babies die from parasites every day. Philosophically, none of us should care about the rewards or the consequences. We should 'do the right thing' and maybe make someone's day a little better? Being careful too! Perhaps our empty acts of kindness increase the level of overall happiness in this world just a fraction. Even a smidgin. That's gotta be worth it, hasn't it?

top topics

join