It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Navy Wouldn't Last a Week in WW3

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: mazzroth

In Todays Technological World , the Carrier has gone the way of the Battleship . The Highest Ground in War is now Space , and you can rest Assured the Russians nor the Chinese have taken Full Advantage of that in a Militaristic Sense that the U.S. has .

Not really.

UK showed in the Falkland war that Carriers and carrier groups can still be valuable and fight off air power.

Russia are still using mostly 70's and 80's tec and USA is way ahead tec wise.

If the UK can fight of Argentina using 70's tec in the 1980s' then USA can fight off Russia 80's tec using 21st century stuff.

We would have done even better if our SAMs worked properly.

And whilst I really love your patriotism and agree we have some of the best ships in the world, i really think the Royal Navy is a good example where numbers would overcome technology, we have ships in the Gulf and South Atlantic leaving few to push up to hold Russia until someone else can help us.

We are also struggling to find Russian subs playing around up there in our Allies waters and our own.

We also really need the P-8 or are sitting ducks to subs, I know we have helicopters that can probably protect a battle group, might be enough with the Type 45 protecting the helo's but UK should have MPA.

Sorry off topic.

Russia sent 4 warships to Australia last year in a show of farce, a missile cruiser, anti submarine ship, a frigate and auxiliary, even the Royal Navy annually sends an Amphibious Taskforce of 5 Ships including a LHD and a company of Royal Marine Commandos to Cougar, thats a show of force!

America with its layered defence and super carriers and all other integrated supply and support services in a war footing, forget about one ship on its own in peacetime which seems to be one of the only claims made, apart from 1000 sunburn missiles? Trying to fire at numerous battlegroups moving and operating in a war footing with over 100 years of serious surface warfare conflict and training...and all you have are 1000 sunburn missiles which will probably already have been bombed out of existence by B2's.

Doom war pron junkie here - I hope someone make a movie about this....

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

HEre is a counterpoint that makes sense.

“There, all the 27 members of the crew filed a letter of resignation,” the Website claimed. “It seems that all 27 people have written that they are not going to risk their lives.”

Sounds more like a report of an incident with the crew of a Somali pirate craft than the US navy.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Read the article finally, no big deal, all propoganda.

Talks about Sunburn which is a decade old technology. Bigger threat is Brahmos which is Mach 3, range upto 500kms and skims at most 3-5m from sea level unlike Sunburn which flies above 20m. I think a hypersonic variant of Brahmos is also around the corner. That would be a real threat once it goes into sea skimming level meaning near the target.

Kibney shutting down USS Cook.............hogwash! not even worth discussing.

Russian warplanes making passes over the USN carrier group. In war time, this floating group will have 24x7 patrol cover by USN airplanes and spotting and intercepting the intruders will be plain simple easy.

The article was only talking about the old technologies and events and presenting them against current variables.

Here is a new tech to be launched launched by Pentagon to face off the submarine threats.

sputniknews.com...

"The Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) has been developing an unmanned, 132-foot patrol boat for years. Called the Anti-Submarine Warfare Continuous Trail Unmanned Vessel (ACTUV), the ships will detect and track diesel-powered subs, trailing from an observable distance like that awkward cousin at the family BBQ."

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Carriers And Submarines can be Destroyed by Space Based Particle Weapons , the U.S. has them , the Russians probably too . Warfare is Changing to the Point of having No Honor in Facing your Enemy Face to Face Nowadays...........

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit
whoever can control the satelites and electronics...
controls the war.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: autopat51
a reply to: Zanti Misfit
whoever can control the satelites and electronics...
controls the war.

This is True , you have Now Hinted at the New " Art " of War , Electromagnetic Countermeasures . Whomever Creates that State Of The Art Cutting Edge Technology First Will have an Immense Advantage over their Enemies .

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
a reply to: nwtrucker

I case you hadn't heard. Russia has decreased it's order of PAK-FAs to....12 units..TWELVE.

Which just shows that Russia would look to nukes faster, as they aren't able to win a conventional war.

I laugh at the thought of the Russian Navy going up against the royal Navy let alone you guys.

Hell I laugh at the thought of Russia going up against the French Navy!

Lol!!!

You mentioned the French while referencing the military!!!

Ahaha!!!!

Sorry, that old "cheese eating surrender monkies" thing always springs to mind.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: sstech

I can certainly understand your logic sstech but feel the US has a ticking time-bomb that China/Russia have been patiently waiting to explode. The 205 Trillion dollars of unfunded liabilities which remain hidden from public scrutiny.

Given that US military strength was financed by its massive industrial might that it no longer owns, that ticking time bomb has a fuse that is set to go off before its defence forces crumble into disrepair (average age airforce is 25yo etc).

By cutting of Russia from the global economy they purposely removed all reasons for Russia to play nice. US wants WW3 and its motivation is monetary. But how would US defend against something like biological warfare from an unknown source?

btw...Thanks for advising about active sonar, makes sense.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   
US navy weak.. rah rah rah

UK navy weak... rah rah rah

US this US that, UK this UK that rah rah rah

Russia this russia that RAH RAH RAH

Honestly, is that what we have become? Like a fraternity drunken party posting penis pictures?

perhaps Humanity does not deserve to continue.

edit on 3-4-2015 by bullcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
Neither will anyone else ... everyone can bend over and kiss their arse goodbye when it starts ..

My thoughts exactly when I saw the title of this thread. World War Three is supposed to be the war that ends all wars and sends mankind back to the Stone Age. Navy lasts 3 days, 10 days, 5 weeks....it doesn't really matter. RIP mankind.
-cwm

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: neformore

Who would YOU want call as a rescue IF you were being held hostage?
DELTA from the US Army or ALPHA from the Russian Spetznaz?

I would let them take me hostage just to see delta in action.

Those guys are ghosts, even the seals and rangers look on Delta as the tier above tier one.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

France has an aircraft carrier, which is one more than what Russia has.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: neformore

Who would YOU want call as a rescue IF you were being held hostage?
DELTA from the US Army or ALPHA from the Russian Spetznaz?

The SAS

Though I would take the SEALS if they were too busy

Good point, the Brits were doing tier one before we got in the game.

We learned most of our tactics from them.

Sure we have evolved and changed along with the game, but it all goes back to SAS.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ex_MislTech

"To wage war on America you have to cross natural barriers germany didn't have the benefit of. "

To wage war on America all you have to do is buy off the political puppets.

I'd say that is well under way as well.

They backdoored the entire DoD with the fake cisco router chips.

They subverted the school system as written about by Charlotte Iserbyt.

They financially ruined the nation thru multiple methods that were
arranged by their financial and political puppets.

What is being done could metaphorically be described as the Chinese
method known as death by a thousand cuts.

They are grinding down our military by sending them out over and over
and then when they get home they deny them care, which oddly
even their corrupt news agencies cover that story.

The entire political and media system is compromised as seen by
Operation Mockingbird, and the Patriot Act, and a secret patriot
act the sheeple are not allowed to even read.

Secret patriot act

Some of this has come out thru snowden and wikileaks, thou those
two are even suspect it would appear.

They still both show that the billions spent spying on americans is
because muslims are not the main enemy, the public is perceived
as the main enemy and why they spy on people with no ties to jihadis.

The NARUS system, and Room 641a and other things like them are
all pointed at us, just like Orwell warned us about long long ago
and few took him seriously.

There is some waking up to it, and I hope this post get people
to consider the issue and not continue blindly on ranting
rah rah rah USA USA USA like a bunch of zombies.

Wesley Clark's warning about the attack on 7 nations in 5 years
came to pass, and it was done via mercenaries posing as
Alqaeda, ISIS, and whatever the new psyop name of the week
happens to be.

When you look into Benghazi it becomes more obvious what
is going on, and the same for 9-11.

You are spot on here.

Nothing you said is false from what I see and read.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   

I didn't read the link, but something tells me that article was written on April Fool's Day. If not, then LOL @ see-thru propaganda!

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Patriotsrevenge

I hope you do realize you are quoting Russian myths. They never did anything to the Donald Cook but fly around it. No fighter on earth can jam a radar that large and cause anything to happen to its defense systems alone as stated by numerous experts on the matter.

Sunburn can not be guided like today's torpedo's and that is the same torpedo that sunk the Russian sub "Kursk" as it blew up inside it before they could launch it. It is a very dangerous weapon only to the crew who dare try to fire it.

No Russian sub will ever get close enough to one of our carriers to fire it as it has a very short range and can only be shot straight, like a WW2 torpedo. The only way to even sink one of our carriers is to detonate a nuke 100 feet off its deck or two right under it.

When a true World War starts the U.S. and Russia might exchange a few Tactical nukes but no person in their right mind will unleash their full arsenal as the whole world would die no matter what. Staying deep in a bunker wont help anyone if their is nothing that will even grow for a few decades let alone so much Radiation life will cease to exist everywhere forever.

You have to think, if the Russians thought they were the best submariners before the Soviet Union collapsed then why are they scrapping their greatest subs for different new ones? lol.

The Answer is, they were easily tracked and had a U.S. attack sub on their tail the minute they came out of their Harbors.

Regan had every Russian sub hit with a active Ping at the same time around the world to send a strong message to Gorby, he got the message! lol

So true, even tom Clancy couldn't write that before it happened.

That was ironically when the Russians basically abandoned sub warfare as well.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: glend
a reply to: sstech

I can certainly understand your logic sstech but feel the US has a ticking time-bomb that China/Russia have been patiently waiting to explode. The 205 Trillion dollars of unfunded liabilities which remain hidden from public scrutiny.

Given that US military strength was financed by its massive industrial might that it no longer owns, that ticking time bomb has a fuse that is set to go off before its defence forces crumble into disrepair (average age airforce is 25yo etc).

By cutting of Russia from the global economy they purposely removed all reasons for Russia to play nice. US wants WW3 and its motivation is monetary. But how would US defend against something like biological warfare from an unknown source?

btw...Thanks for advising about active sonar, makes sense.

I starred you for pointing out the US is no longer a production powerhouse.

That time came and went. Fast food or hotels though we win easy.

As far as biologicals...this almost lost you your star.

I guarded some of these things.

The US has gotten rid of most of these stockpiles, because what's the point when we have nukes?

You launch a Chen bio or nuke attract we nuke you point blank, that is the strategy.

They can waste billions on biologicals or chems.

We will simply nuke them.

Simplicity at its best.

The simple strategy is often the best.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

France has an aircraft carrier, which is one more than what Russia has.

Ahahahsha!!!

Bwahahahs!!!!

Omfg....it is funny because it is true!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Funny how the MOD backed off when asked a question that would show what lousy choices have been made by backing loosers.
BEST warriors on the planet,numbers, gear and training we have learned from the rest to do so and now we are equals.
TOO bad the Rodina wouldn't step up to join us but OBVIOUSLY free thinking won't work for them.
Without their officers they dennigrate to become thugs.
edit on 4-4-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-4-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   

You can't start blowing up countries willy nilly each time mother nature comes out with a new virus that wipes out millions. So if a new virus does wipe out millions how can you tell that it wasn't made in a Russian lab.
edit on 4 4 2015 by glend because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join