It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli expert on Iran: Claim of existential threat a fig leaf for occupation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Very interesting read:

Q&A with Prof. Haggai Ram, head of Middle East Studies Department at Ben-Gurion University.

Q. You have researched Israeli-Iranian relations for nearly 30 years. When did the “Iranian threat” become part of the Israeli discourse?

Ram: It started in the ‘90s. The first prime minister who exaggerated Iran’s capabilities was actually Yitzhak Rabin. As the Oslo Accords coalesced, the Rabin government began marking Iran as threat No. 1 on Western civilization and its outpost in the Middle East, Israel. Oslo followed years of pumping us with “you can’t make peace with Arabs.” Suddenly it turned out to be possible. I don’t know if it was done conscientiously, but they needed to find something else, and Iran was very ripe for Israeli leaders. Basically, since 1996 they have warned us that in a year, Iran will have a nuclear weapon.

And I remember very well the amount of times Israel has argued against Iran, and before that it was Palestine blah blah blah, now to me it's obvious that Israel will play ANY situation to their advantage whilst also doing something else with the other hand.

Did you see Netanyahu’s speech in Congress?

It was totally clear that the speech was spin. Anyone who knows Netanyahu says he is terribly complicated and very clever, and that he examines things at depth. I may be speaking out of ignorance, but he looked like a very uncomplicated man, let’s put it that way. As someone who is an expert in Iran, it strikes me as ridiculous. Netanyahu makes a complete analogy between the Palestinians, ISIS, Iran and Al-Qaida. So, either he is an ignoramus who doesn’t recognize the political and historical reality as it is, and doesn’t understand the different political and historic phenomena that are changing, or he is a cynical ruler who is exploiting these things for his goals.

Yeah to what the Professor said and I would say he is exploiting things for his goals and always has been, without doubt a spin doctor. I can also remember another report, I forget now but another world leader described Netanyahu as ''very arrogant''.

Netanyahu makes a complete analogy between the Palestinians, ISIS, Iran and Al-Qaida. So, either he is an ignoramus who doesn’t recognize the political and historical reality as it is, and doesn’t understand the different political and historic phenomena that are changing

I would suggest that statment is pretty close to calling him a racist, if it were true then I can honestly say I wouldn't be surprised. Anyway, worth a read.

www.haaretz.com...
edit on -180002015-04-02T21:59:22-05:000000002230201522042015Thu, 02 Apr 2015 21:59:22 -0500 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Any time Netanyahu says anything...

I'm so like ya know...

Duhhh!!!

What a deplorably vacuous hell hound he really is.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Nuttyyahoo is a psychopath ... also an arrogant .. racist ass ..

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Any time Netanyahu says anything...

I'm so like ya know...

Duhhh!!!

What a deplorably vacuous hell hound he really is.

I just spit my soda out. That was awesome. Yeah he lies so much he believes his own BS.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: PorteurDeMort

Yeah I bet Netanyaho actually believes his own BS

That's when people become truly deluded

Not just playing deluded but bat sh*t crazy

new topics

top topics

join