It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Long-Awaited ‘Jump’ In Global Warming Now Appears ‘Imminent’

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook
This will fall on deaf ears after all there are folks who say it's all lies because Antarctica's sea ice cover is expanding......although they forget to mention that ice volume on the land mass is shrinking at over 300 CUBIC KILOMETERS per year. a few feet on the sea compared to cubic kilometers on the land mass hmmmmm I wonder which has the biggest impact !

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 04:36 AM
link   

As said before in another thread, time to lower the thermostat in the psychiatric yard...

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   

... WAIT... WHAAAT ... 0.2 to 0.3 degC ... in a decade ...

I don't know if its the metric system or my nerve system, but 0.2 degrees does not really sound much more than a bit of reddish glow on the weatherman's cheek...
edit on 3-4-2015 by deckdel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   
"Iran is 1 year from having the bomb"

"World is 1 year from point of no return in global warming err climate change err global catastrophe"

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   

This "jump" is only "long-awaited" by people who need it to help with the failing narrative of catastrophic global warming.

To the rest of us, this is just climate as usual.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: yorkshirelad
This will fall on deaf ears after all there are folks who say it's all lies because Antarctica's sea ice cover is expanding......although they forget to mention that ice volume on the land mass is shrinking at over 300 CUBIC KILOMETERS per year. a few feet on the sea compared to cubic kilometers on the land mass hmmmmm I wonder which has the biggest impact !

And your point is well taken.

It is kinda sad really. I have been around long enough to see things that are monumentus in just the last 5 years. That isnt the sad part.

The sad thing is we will constantly hear the argumentative opinions of people that wish instead to make this a political statement or even sadder the voices that wish to entertain character assassination as if that will change anything or bias what is going on around them.

We will all just end up chattering until it becomes patently obvious.

I think this is why it has taken so many industries, countries, and politicians to come to any consensus. Not that the average population will even believe it with heir own eyes.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

More like "long dreaded".

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

Except with true facts.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: pikestaff

You ought to by now be able to automatically dismiss "scientists" that claim we're heading into a mini ice-age. We are in one still... any "scientist" that doesn't know that or doesn't clarify that ought to be ignored.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

You ought to by now be able to automatically dismiss "scientists" that claim we're heading into a mini ice-age. We are in one still... any "scientist" that doesn't know that or doesn't clarify that ought to be ignored.

We're not in a mini ice age...

Surely you understand the difference of what these scientists are hypothesizing ?

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

We are in an ice age.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
All I know is one of the most corrupt men on the face of the planet (Al Gore) is leading the charge for the global warming/climate change myth to sell us carbon credits, and who does he recruit as a henchman in his flim flam scam an Illuminati Hollywood foot soldier Leonardo DiCaprio who travels around on an billionaire oilman's yacht or a private jet while we are suppose to take public transportation.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: CornShucker

I'm willing to make sacrifices and changes in lifestyle for something concrete like lowered pollution.

The industrial corporations are so big these days, so hooked into government to control the politicians, the revolving door from business executives to government bureaucrats back and forth is so entrenched…

The only thing I can see to do is be the solution I want to see, be the example of not using so much of the worlds depleting resources. Tough to do, todays world forces me to consume to survive. Besides, Its what they want anyway. The less I use in trying to be greener, the more there is for them.

Damned if we do and damned if we don't.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

We are in an ice age.

We are not in a mini ice age which is what these scientists are hypothesizing that might be heading our way if the sun goes into another Dalton or Maunder minimum.

The last mini ice age was during the Maunder minimum.

Do you understand the difference between an ice age and a mini ice age ?

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

You mean glacials and inter-glacials then. Why is it hard for "scientists" to use proper terminology?

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Oh hell, I don't know.

Rather than calling something ice age and mini ice age... why not call it ice age and mini cooling phase ? This way there's no room for "lost in translation".

That's why I wanted to point out your error, it frustrates me to no end when I see someone criticize something based on erroneous assumption of what a study is talking about just from something as simple as a key word. This happens all too often in science discussions... and it causes a completely different debate based off of an incorrect foundation.

I wasn't attacking you personally, just your error... I actually respect and agree with a lot of your opinions even though we both sit on the opposite sides of the fence on the subject of AGW.

So now that we have the friendly repetoire out of the way, we can go back to being arch enemies...

... you AGW lover, you.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Well I for one certainly hope this promise delivers. We have been freezing our tokus' off the last two years here in the Midwest. It'd be nice to smash a few heat records for a change. We've broken pretty much every cold record there is recently.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Science is based on precision. Using correct terminology shouldn't be too hard.

ETA: It isn't my error but those not insisting calling things what they are. I respect you too but using correct terminology only clarifies, not doing so... risks confusion and any scientist not insisting on correct terminology should be taken with a grain of salt.
edit on 4/3/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I have said it before and I will say it again.
A huge and burdensome Carbon Tax will save the day.
Once implemented, it won't be long before we're living in the stone age.
Problem solved.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 05:43 AM
link   

I actually gave information about what "Thinkprogress" is really about, who were the founders and contributors. Which includes Hillary Clinton, several staff members of past presidents, George Soros, and other RICH prominent people... And guess what their agenda is?... Among the many other agendas they have they want "climate change legislation" to be passed.

They are the type of morons who claim "the science is settled" when the majority of their GCMs are wrong, and they are wrong because they try to pin the "climate changes" to something, CO2, that is not driving these changes...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join