It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another case of stolen valor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I don't know how to feel about this one. I'm very opposed to people who pretend, but I figure many of them have some mental issues going on. The guy in this video certainly seems to be on the autistic spectrum. Not sure if he even fully understands what he's doing.

Some people are jackasses and need to get taken down a peg, some people are just not all there. What do you all think?

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

And yet, you give his your attention and free publicity. Brilliant.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Ya this kid isn't all there.

If he didn't open up saying he was in the army I would be willing to cut him more slack.

He does seem pretty nervous, scared even, and choked up the whole time.

Least he took his ass chewing and apologized and didn't sit there digging a deeper hole.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I think the dude filming is a prick and needs to get over himself.

The guy wearing some uniform parts is blatantly mentally challenged.
Like a child in a mans body.

White tennis shoes and a big loose hat scream kid to me.

I wore camo all the time when I was a kid.

Major delta bravo here.

CX

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I've got more issue with the tool questioning him.

That to me is not a case of stolen valour, at least not the full length some people go to. Thousands of civillians out there dress in bits of uniform worn by our armed forces, sometimes it's a fascination, sometimes it's just a case of wearing something to support the troops.

Yes this guy did seem a little nervous, but more uncomfortable and unsure with what he was being questioned about. Like a kid would who didn't know he'd done wrong.

It's pretty obvious that with that many horrendously large mistakes in the uniform, he's not a serious stolen valour offender, or if he is he really shouldn't be taken seriously by anyone who knows anything about the forces.

The guy with the camera just seems like a power pissed tool, the kind i used to see when i served and people got a bit of power.

If the guy was stood at a rememberance parade with a chest full of false medals, or trying to get a job passing himself off as something he's not, that's different.

But a guy like this without much of a clue.....in my opinion, leave him be and let him have his dream for as long as he needs to.

CX.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   
The guy doing the questioning in the vid is a total jackass.... Instead of downing the kid in public, he should of encourage him to actually join the military....

Nothing against the law what that kid was wearing neither... all that shi@ he's wearing can be picked up at the Army & Navy Store....

edit on 2-4-2015 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: imitator

Nothing against the law what that kid was wearing neither...

Good point. It just looked like a kid that idolized military and was a little slow. Obviously he shouldn't have been saying he was in fact Army, but again, he didn't seem all there.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   

That was awful and someone needs to take down the a hole creep with the video camera doing the questioning. That poor kid was very obviously not all there. Ugghhh!

edit on 2-4-2015 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
a reply to: imitator
but again, he didn't seem all there.

Isn't that the type who usually join nowadays lol.... the kid is a serial killer in the making, he just doesn't know it yet.

edit on 2-4-2015 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

And yet, you give his your attention and free publicity. Brilliant.

What point are you trying to make here? Giving the video a few more views so that people who think the behavior therein can comment? Asking an honest question of people who's opinion's I respect about what they see in a video that's already popular on other sites is somehow contributing to bullying?

Take off that tinfoil hat, you don't deserve to wear it.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Guy with the camera mustve been a remf .. anyone with half a brain can see the kids a bit slow and did nothing wrong .. on the kids part seem more like hero worship of the military rather than stolen valour .. big difference between the two .. leave it to a remf to be an ass .. typical ..

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: CX

But a guy like this without much of a clue.....in my opinion, leave him be and let him have his dream for as long as he needs to.

Nicely said.

I also wonder if he was even initially trying to be an imposter or if he freaked out when someone thought he was, and wrongly thought the best course of action was to lie.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   
US veterans- 1900 suicides per annum,50000 homeless including 20000 very mentally ill 1.4 million below the poverty line and 2.9 million with disabilities I think there are bigger stolen value issues than this poor dumb kid.

CX

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Possibly, yes.

Either way, he's obviously not very good at what he's trying to achieve if indeed he is telling people he's in the forces.

Worst case scenario, he get's called on it and gets a bit of a mouthfull, but hopefully anyone with half a brain will leave him be.

We have a guy round here who despite being in the british army only 4 years, claimed to be a mechanic (ex REME) when i first met him because he offered to help fix my car.....then he says he was 3 Para.....then he spent a few years in Pathfinders, involved in many a thing he can't talk about with the SAS.

I just use it as a source of entertainment though unless real harm is being done. It tickles me when people come out with obvious lies, i just nod my head, raise an eyebrow here and there, give a few "Wows!" and let them crack on.

Without doubt the best i had was a guy who claimed to be an ex Royal Marines sgt in the falklands conflict, fair enough.....however i was even more impressed when the Close Protection unit of my regiment (Royal Military Police) was brought up. He went on to tell me about the day he was the bodyguard....and personal chauffeur.....oh yes
.....to Prince Charles and Lady Diana, driving them through London one day.

Oh but wait......grab a cuppa.....it gets better!

He then said how on this particular day, the day of the Iranian Embassy siege ending in London, Charles asked him to drive past the embassy seige (as you would if you were providing protection to a royal)......and just as he drove past, one of the terrorists stuck his head out of the embassy window so he shot him in the head with his 9mm Browning!

I must say i was rather impressed by this guy, my only reply was a smile and a "Really? Funny that, i was off school that day with a cold at the grand old age of eight, and i watched the whole thing on the TV, and i don't think i can remember someone shooting a terrorist from Charles and Diana's car.

He just nodded and assured me that it did happen, but was all hushed up.

Just goes to show we don't know everything eh?

Bless em all.

CX.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Its the price of living in a country where a person can pretty much do / say what they want. One of my favorite quotes -

America isn't easy. America is advanced citizenship. You've gotta want it bad, 'cause it's gonna put up a fight. It's gonna say, "You want free speech? Let's see you acknowledge a man whose words make your blood boil, who's standing center stage and advocating at the top of his lungs that which you would spend a lifetime opposing at the top of yours." You want to claim this land as the land of the free? Then the symbol of your country cannot just be a flag. The symbol also has to be one of its citizens exercising his right to burn that flag in protest. Now show me that, defend that, celebrate that in your classrooms.

Then you can stand up and sing about the land of the free.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

That's an awesome quote!

top topics

join