It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HIDDEN CAMERA: Gay Wedding Cake At Muslim Bakeries

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
*Give me patience!

If you open a public business, and refuse to serve someone because of their religion, their skin color, or sexual preference, you are a bigot. Plain and simple.

I hope you are served a nice six-tier cake, or a big platter of pizza with everything on it that pertains to litigation.

You deserve it. I hope it makes you fat.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

ah, for the days of ignorance and Frost…

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
This story presents progressive liberals with a 'Sophie's Choice'...

They will ask themselves:
Do we support the LGBT community and throw Muslims under the campaign bus?
Do we support the Muslims and throw the LGBT community under the campaign bus?

So WHAT will we ultimately hear from Progressive Liberals, the LGBT community, and CAIR (as well as their media handmaidens) on this?

....Crickets...

Why do my posts keep getting ignored?

A baker can refuse to decorate a cake in a way that is offensive to him (penis, boobs, satanic symbols, two gays kissing, etc.). A baker cannot refuse to sell the same cake to one group that he sells to everyone else.

I think that's pretty straightforward.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Simple.

The act of minorities will be not taken serious because minorities dont affect the rules like majority does. How many Muslim bakers and how many Christian Bakers?

If a Skinny girls calls a fat girls fat = problem, but a fat girl can call w/e at skinny girl. Sort of like that.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

This story presents progressive liberals with a 'Sophie's Choice'...

They will ask themselves:
Do we support the LGBT community and throw Muslims under the campaign bus?
Do we support the Muslims and throw the LGBT community under the campaign bus?

WTF? Not sure how to start with what appears to be a severely warped world view?

Nobody get's "thrown under a bus"...they are half blind with ideology and run out in front of the bus.

Gays..straight...Christian...atheist..muslim..black or white....Makes no difference...Don't discriminate based on racism and bigotry in your business practices or face the legal consequences.

Frankly it is bizarre that you imagine some "progressive liberal" population pandering to Muslims? and gays?

What I think you believe are "Progressive Liberals"...believe businesses are not allowed to discriminate based on religion, sexual orientation and Race...What those orientations, religions or races are doesn't matter.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Thanks for your response. I DO appreciate your efforts.
However, you essentially are returning to your original opinion that the video is just B.S. and unworthy of credibility and serious attention.

I disagree with your reasons for discounting it, because I believe the event actually took place (in the video, the owner DID actually say that there were SOME bakeries in the series that would serve him)...but you have your right to your opinion and I can respect that.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Steve Crowder does a good job of pointing out leftist Hypocricy in an amusing manner.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: grandmakdw

As long as they don't flaunt what they do in the bedroom, no one would know nor would they be able to discriminate.

That's not really true. If a gay couple goes in to a bakery to ask about a wedding cake for their upcoming ceremony, they aren't exactly shouting to the world that they have gay sex. If a gay couple walks into any store holding hands (as many heterosexual couples do), it's not screaming about having anal sex is it?

I was responding to the absurd notion that one person put forward
that Christians
will soon want separate water fountains for gays and heterosexuals.

Holding hands, who cares.
In many cultures I have lived in heterosexual same sex couples (ie best friends) frequently hold hands
and it is considered gauche and unacceptable
for opposite sex couples to hold hands.

I won't force anyone who hates me to do anything for me
I wouldn't want them anywhere near my celebrations or me for that matter.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

a reply to: grandmakdw

And yet it was used repeatedly in early America to justify enslavement of the black man.

It may have been misunderstood - much like the whole "gay marriage is evil" attitude comes from misunderstood scripture.

This is an example of a liberal trying to prove that
Christians are evil and horrible people.

I will not bite.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

OK...In the painfully brief and severely edited clip...where the baker...whose first language is obviously not English..

He is explaining that they don't DO PICTURES on cakes...as most small bakeries don't.

He is also paging through a sample book to show the customer the cakes that they DO do..

Why would he be paging through a sample book if he was refusing to serve him??

Severely edited brief clips...they went in to these bakeries asking for a picture cake...which only large grocery stores do...knowing they would get "No's" ..

They also exploited communication difficulties..

Then edited it down to brutally brief snippets to avoid any context that might disagree with the plot and agenda.

Just saying...Aside from your larger point...the Vids are off the charts BS.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc
Steve Crowder does a good job of pointing out leftist Hypocricy in an amusing manner.

And how exactly is this an example of leftist hypocrisy? Do I need to repeat myself?

There is no law that says a baker has to decorate a cake in a way that is offensive to him. There ARE laws that say that a baker can't refuse to sell the same cake to one group that he sells to everyone else.

Show me where the Muslim baker in the OP's link was asked to sell a cake with no special "gay" decoration on it. I'm still waiting for that.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
well best solution to this situation is to set up a gofundme for the muslim bakeries who said no, not because funding bigotry is a good practice but because it's only fair that they also get to benefit from their stance in a country that was originally founded on the idea that you can believe whatever in the hell you want, provided you don't hurt anyone else in the process (this however, can be argued, since it can be very depressing to gay people to be denied services simply because they are eunuchs)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

And yet it was used repeatedly in early America to justify enslavement of the black man.

It may have been misunderstood - much like the whole "gay marriage is evil" attitude comes from misunderstood scripture.

I will not bite.

There are many Christians who did not agree with slavery and who fought to end it.

There are many Christians who have no problem whatsoever with gay marriage, and would happily officiate at a gay wedding.

There are evil and horrible people everywhere, in all walks of life - that includes gay people, atheists, Muslims AND Christians. Not EVERY person in any of those groups is evil and horrible, but to say that there are NO evil or horrible Christians is a lie.
edit on 3-4-2015 by kaylaluv because: grammar, grammar, grammar

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Kayla, I 'm sorry....I didn't mean to ignore you.
I agree that bakeries should not refuse to serve any customers under any circumstances...as long as they are not placed in a position to betray their faith. Muslim, Christian, Jewish...it doesn't matter...as long as no violence and/or bodily harm to others is involved in their exercising of their faith.

Yes, I know I risk personal ridicule in saying this, but I believe a person's spiritual relationship with their Creator, takes precedent over their government's authority over them.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

I will not bite.

Some Christians are indisputably horrible and evil people...ditto Muslims, Atheists et al.

I only take issue when Christians, Muslims et al try to use their religion to justify the same or claim their religion absolves them from responsibility for those evil and horrible actions.
edit on 3-4-2015 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

i like crowder and he makes an excellent point, but i don't think harassing muslims for this is going to solve the underlying problem and that is, the big fellas, the powers that be, they don't want you and me on their planet anymore. they don't want to share the planet with people they disagree with. it's like the borg, you either are assimilated or you're dead. they take isolated cases, and blow them way out of proportion and the resultant mayhem, they then blame on us as well. master social engineers these guys, absolutely brilliant chess masters (and potentially completely psychopathic) moving around human chess pieces.

on the other hand, it is totally unnecessary to deny service to gay people unless doing so is a serious violation of your conscience. at which point, each person is responsible for deciding how serious that violation is, and use their common sense to solve the problem.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Yes, I know I risk personal ridicule in saying this, but I believe a person's spiritual relationship with their Creator, takes precedent over their government's authority over them.

Wrong country.

You can believe whatever you want - - you can practice it in your personal life --- but, America is a secular government.

Businesses require a government license, which business owner must adhere to.

edit on 3-4-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
a reply to: beezzer

Shouldn't you be coloring eggs Easter bunny dude? Or is that going to offend somebody?
You are right though. People get emotionally involved and then it's all over.

You shouldn't call them colored eggs. That's not pc. The NAACE might file a lawsuit against you.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
I cant stand anyone that wont bake a cake, cakes are yummy, yumminess should be created all the time. I hope they all go to cake hell, its in the frozen section.

Pies are in the frozen section.

(and just for you)

Thanks a lot, Obama!

Nope, it's Bush's fault.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Businesses require a government license, which business owner must adhere to.

provided the secular government hasn't decided beforehand that any violation by specific groups, no matter how small the violation, be blown out of proportion and paraded around as evidence that said group is a blight on society. we can all smell the holocaust from here. just so you know.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join