It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HIDDEN CAMERA: Gay Wedding Cake At Muslim Bakeries

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: macman

1. Matthew 22: 15-22

Paying the Imperial Tax to Caesar
15 Then the Pharisees went out and laid plans to trap him in his words. 16 They sent their disciples to him along with the Herodians. “Teacher,” they said, “we know that you are a man of integrity and that you teach the way of God in accordance with the truth. You aren’t swayed by others, because you pay no attention to who they are. 17 Tell us then, what is your opinion? Is it right to pay the imperial tax[a] to Caesar or not?”

18 But Jesus, knowing their evil intent, said, “You hypocrites, why are you trying to trap me? 19 Show me the coin used for paying the tax.” They brought him a denarius, 20 and he asked them, “Whose image is this? And whose inscription?”

21 “Caesar’s,” they replied.

Then he said to them, “So give back to Caesar what is Caesar’s, and to God what is God’s.”

22 When they heard this, they were amazed. So they left him and went away.

And while not Jesus directly, through his mouthpiece Paul:

Romans 13: 1-7
Submission to Governing Authorities
13 Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2 Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and you will be commended. 4 For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. 5 Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also as a matter of conscience.

6 This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God’s servants, who give their full time to governing. 7 Give to everyone what you owe them: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.

2. Fire trucks and hospitals have just as much to do with "what Jesus said" as does our government providing a social safety net.

3. Awww, and here I thought we were doing so well. I'll assume that your giving is your membership fee at the church, aka tithe. Is the 4-5 hours also at your church? Kudos.
edit on 15Wed, 08 Apr 2015 15:53:55 -050015p032015466 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Okay...HERE it is.
A video showing MUSLIM bakeries in Deaborn Michigan refusing to bake a wedding cake for a guy's gay wedding.
Will we hear the cries of 'homophobia' from the Twitter brigades?
Will Michigan be boycotted?
Will the Muslim bakeries in question receive death threats or be run out of business?
Will people criticize Muslims in America as they do Christians?
Have you heard of this on the evening news?
Amazing the youtube video only has 300 views.

louderwithcrowder.com...
WATCH VIDEO:
www.youtube.com...
(you may wish to skip to 1:50 or so to avoid the commentary)

I want to point out something since it seems some have missed a distinction. I noted it in a different thread, but pointed here as an example. The thing with decorating cakes is that you can put imagery and words on them, aka 'speech.'

One thing you will note in the video is where one baker he spends a lot of time with is OK with making a cake up to a certain, but not OK with putting certain speech on the cake.

This is an important distinction. There was a recent court case on this aspect:

Denver's Azucar Bakery wins right to refuse to make anti-gay cakes

The dispute began March 13, 2014 when Jack went to the bakery at 1886 S. Broadway and requested two cakes shaped like bibles. He asked that one cake have the image of two groomsmen holding hands in front of a cross with a red "X" over them. He asked that the cake be decorated with the biblical verses, "God hates sin. Psalm 45:7" and "Homosexuality is a detestable sin. Leviticus 18:2", according to the Civil Rights Divisions' decision.

Marjorie Silva, the owner of the bakery, told Jack that she would make him the bible-shaped cakes, but would not decorate them with the biblical verses and the image of the groomsmen that he requested. Instead, she offered to provide him with icing and a pastry bag so he could write or draw whatever messages he wished on the cakes.

Silva told the civil rights agency that she also told Jack her bakery "does not discriminate" and "accept[s] all humans."

The distinction here is putting speech on a product. Cake shops are a little unusual in that regard, as they do this regularly. This is a bit different than just outright refusing to sell product.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven

Okay...HERE it is.
A video showing MUSLIM bakeries in Deaborn Michigan refusing to bake a wedding cake for a guy's gay wedding.
Will we hear the cries of 'homophobia' from the Twitter brigades?
Will Michigan be boycotted?
Will the Muslim bakeries in question receive death threats or be run out of business?
Will people criticize Muslims in America as they do Christians?
Have you heard of this on the evening news?
Amazing the youtube video only has 300 views.

louderwithcrowder.com...
WATCH VIDEO:
www.youtube.com...
(you may wish to skip to 1:50 or so to avoid the commentary)

I want to point out something since it seems some have missed a distinction. I noted it in a different thread, but pointed here as an example. The thing with decorating cakes is that you can put imagery and words on them, aka 'speech.'

One thing you will note in the video is where one baker he spends a lot of time with is OK with making a cake up to a certain, but not OK with putting certain speech on the cake.

This is an important distinction. There was a recent court case on this aspect:

Denver's Azucar Bakery wins right to refuse to make anti-gay cakes

The dispute began March 13, 2014 when Jack went to the bakery at 1886 S. Broadway and requested two cakes shaped like bibles. He asked that one cake have the image of two groomsmen holding hands in front of a cross with a red "X" over them. He asked that the cake be decorated with the biblical verses, "God hates sin. Psalm 45:7" and "Homosexuality is a detestable sin. Leviticus 18:2", according to the Civil Rights Divisions' decision.

Marjorie Silva, the owner of the bakery, told Jack that she would make him the bible-shaped cakes, but would not decorate them with the biblical verses and the image of the groomsmen that he requested. Instead, she offered to provide him with icing and a pastry bag so he could write or draw whatever messages he wished on the cakes.

Silva told the civil rights agency that she also told Jack her bakery "does not discriminate" and "accept[s] all humans."

The distinction here is putting speech on a product. Cake shops are a little unusual in that regard, as they do this regularly. This is a bit different than just outright refusing to sell product.

Right!

And the Right Wing Extremist Activist is trying to make a huge stink about reverse discrimination.

Love how he ignores it was discrimination hate speech.

COLORADO’S REVERSE DISCRIMINATION: YES TO GAY MARRIAGE, NO TO BIBLE VERSES

www.breitbart.com...

edit on 8-4-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Some idiots, would also complain
that no bacon or pork flavored cakes were available.
Other idiots, with too much time on their hands, would sue
for not having a boob or a penis cake provided for them.
ENOUGH ALREADY !

Talk about having your cake and eating it too.
Are you that stupid, really now.

Besides, what ever happened to all the gay wedding planners
and cake decorators who specialize in their craft ?
Have they all disappeared all of a sudden ? ? ?
This is an obvious targeted harassment,
pushing personal beliefs onto others
If I had a craving for Chinese food I would go to a Chinese
restaurant not a
Muslim one that serves felafels.
Bunch of useless complainers and whiners acting
as if they are royal
or something, get over it.

Counter
sue :
harassment
restricting freedom of religion
being filmed on private property without consent

edit on 8/4/15 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: ToneDeaf
Some idiots, would also complain
that no bacon or pork flavored cakes were available.
Other idiots, with too much time on their hands, would sue
for not having a boob or a penis cake provided for them.

Would this be upheld under American law?

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66
You truly don't get that whole thing do you.

That was not Jesus stating to pay taxes. That was Jesus stating that the world things like money, are Man's or Cesar's as he was the ruler of the time. Not that every person should pay money to the Govt. The other issue revolves around that the money had Cesar's face/likeness on it. The money meant nothing, as Cesar made it of himself. Thus the importance of versus 19 & 20.

The second, the Romans versus do not in any way suggest that paying taxes to a Govt authority will take care of the fellow man.

Both are easy google produced faux arguing points used by people who wish on all wishes that Jesus stood for the Govt taxing people to give to others.

So Firetrucks are doing Jesus' work. Okay then.

And I have yet to see where tithing is a fee for church membership, except for Scientology maybe.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Pinke

Of course not. It's the dumbest. argument. ever.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: macman

I understand that is not your interpretation of the verses.

My statement is an interpretation that is commonly accepted among Christians, Bible scholars, etc.

If one believes (I of course do not) that the Bible is the inspired word of god, then you have no alternative than to accept that god/Jesus et. al. instructed clearly through the mouth or hands of Paul in Romans to pay taxes, and, further that the verses spoken by "Jesus" in the gospels on the matter very clearly states that Christians should "render to the earthly government what belongs to it- i.e. material things, money, the coin that was being used in the demonstration" and "unto god that which belongs to god" - i.e. faith, spiritual commitment, love, blah.

You're merely being specious about the firetruck. Jesus didn't talk about a government social safety net, nor did he talk about firetrucks or hospitals because, well, none of that existed per se in "Jesus'" time ... but your to follow your logic, if we shouldn't have a safety net then we shouldn't have the firetrucks, per Jesus.

Which is absurd on its face and you are fully aware of that.

You can call your "giving" whatever you wish of course. Many consider the "tithe" a membership fee. Mitt Romney bragged about his philanthropy, and it turned out he was also referring to money given to the Mormon church. I'm sure the Mormons are really understanding about not paying up though, aren't they.

Scientology is just as much a religion in this country as any other. If you understand why you have no respect for Scientology, then you understand why I have no respect for any other religion.

Etc.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

You have got to be kidding me.

Where is this statement that it is commonly excepted by Christian Faiths that paying a tax to the Govt is what Jesus preached.

And it was YOU that stated Tithing. I did not. At what point did I state I was Mormon?
You sure make a lot of assumptions.

Annnnnd when did I state I have no respect for Scientology?

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd still, your lack of knowledge into this continues on with the lie of tithing being a membership fee for any Christian based church, and the Mormons. You truly have no clue.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: macman

Where is this statement that it is commonly excepted by Christian Faiths that paying a tax to the Govt is what Jesus preached.

This surprised me too, so I had to "look".

Faith Bible Baptist Church -- Political Science and the Bible.

Not only did Jesus and His disciples pay their taxes, He taught clearly that everyone should, “render unto Caesar the things that are Caesars.” Caesar was the Roman Emperor and the ruler of the known world at the time. Rome was at the pinnacle of its power and Jesus was living under and subjected to their tribute. He stressed that whatever belonged to Caesar should be given to Caesar.

www.fbbc.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
MANY people will be helped by those "Christian dollars".
It appears that Memories Pizza intends to donate to a variety of charities.

Here’s How The Embattled Owners Of Memories Pizza Plan To Share Their Newfound Fortune

“They revealed they are set to share their new fortune with disabled children, a women’s help group, firefighters, police trusts, Christian churches, and Washington florist Barronelle Stutzman, 70, who was fined after declaring she would not serve a gay wedding.”

Full Article:
www.westernjournalism.com...
edit on 9-4-2015 by IAMTAT because: edit

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

MANY people will be helped by those "Christian dollars".
It appears that Memories Pizza intends to donate to a variety of charities.

That's good. Other GoFundMe recipients have done similar.

I have no issue with the GoFundMe ---- in no way does it diminish the message of discrimnation.

Other businesses will think twice about discriminating.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
there's no other lifestyle choice that causes people to suddenly lose their compassion, quite as rapidly as being gay. people just need to readjust their thinking caps on this. think of it like the "meat sacrificed to idols" thing that paul talked about. as a christian, you are deliberately putting your own stumbling block down to trip over, as gay people have no immediate responsibility to you as a christian not to cause you to judge them (unless of course the gay is christian).

in addition, if the issue is that it's a "sin", well so is over eating and divorcing for any grounds other than adultery. it's your responsibility not to trip over the gay person's life style, not theirs. that's one of the rigors of being a christian. you have to come to grips with your own humanity so that you don't condemn the whole planet to hades.
edit on 9-4-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

So a denomination of a Christian Church has used a single versus, from a larger scripture to make such a statement.

We are an independent, fundamental, Baptist Church located in Eden New York

A single church in the Progressive land of NY no less.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Really??? And not stand up for their personal beliefs, only to be bullied by the "compassion crowd", shut their doors and then receive a donation sum of about $1m from people that back these same beliefs?

Yeah, really gotta think very hard about that.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Really??? And not stand up for their personal beliefs, only to be bullied by the "compassion crowd", shut their doors and then receive a donation sum of about $1m from people that back these same beliefs?

Yeah, really gotta think very hard about that.

Not really a "brain drain".

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

So a denomination of a Christian Church has used a single versus, from a larger scripture to make such a statement.

We are an independent, fundamental, Baptist Church located in Eden New York

A single church in the Progressive land of NY no less.

What a surprise that you reject what you don't like, even though it's in black and white. Did you even bother to read the whole thing?

I read several other subjects from the same site just to see if they're in line with other teachings. They are.

I found proof that backs up what Gryphon is saying. Deal with it.

edit on 10-4-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

"Proof" from a single church, that is a split off of a Christian denomination is hardly "proof". I bet that all what, 200 of its members really carry a lot of weight in the Theology world.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

"Proof" from a single church, that is a split off of a Christian denomination is hardly "proof". I bet that all what, 200 of its members really carry a lot of weight in the Theology world.

Its from the bible.

Sorry, but you're wrong and Gryphon is right.

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Right by you? Or this single Church you found?

new topics

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40 >>

join