It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HIDDEN CAMERA: Gay Wedding Cake At Muslim Bakeries

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

And the funny thing about this.....the GoFundMe.com (Or what ever it is) has people donating to the pizza joint about $1m dollars. So much for public outcry.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: undo

I have not heard of any pizza restaurant that cater pizzas to weddings.

That said, the owner said she would serve pizzas to anyone that walks in. What she should have said we don't cater to any wedding.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

I disagree with some of the Christian dogma, personally.

Wow.
Really?

This is something I don't think I've ever seen you disclose before.
Interesting.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: macman
a reply to: Gryphon66
Who said I love the laws we have?

Indeed. You should be the one to make that statement. I agree.

Just like "liberals" should allowed to speak on their own behalf rather than told who they are.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

And the funny thing about this.....the GoFundMe.com (Or what ever it is) has people donating to the pizza joint about $1m dollars. So much for public outcry.

Who cares. Do you think another business is going to take a chance they'll get the same?

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   

I wonder how many hungry children, homeless folks or prisoners those Christian dollars could have helped?

34 Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

Matthew 25:35-40

OH wait wait ... silly me ... that's just something Jesus actually said ... why would the Christians listen to Him

edit on 19Tue, 07 Apr 2015 19:07:59 -050015p072015466 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Some of those 'Christian dollars" were not exclusively Christian.
A couple of pretty classy ladies, these:

Lesbian couple donate money to controversial Indiana pizzeria

Twenty of those dollars, however, have come from an unlikely source: Courtney Hoffman, Courtney, who is lesbian, wrote, along with her donation, that, “As a member of the gay community, I would like to apologize for the mean spirited attacks on you and your business.

I know many gay individuals who fully support your rights to stand up for your beliefs and run your business according to those beliefs. We are outraged at the level of hate and intolerance that has been directed at you and I sincerely hope you are able to rebuild.”

She added: “My girlfriend and I are small business owners, and we think there is a difference between operating in a public market space and then attaching the name of your business to a private event,” Hoffman said in a radio
interview. “Like, if we were asked to set up at an anti-gay marriage rally, I mean, we would have to decline.”

Hoffman said the “horrible, hate-filled attacks” against the pizzeria and its Christian owners did not reflect the gay community that she has come to know and love.

“The gay community that we know knows full well what it’s like to be condemned for doing nothing but living your life according to your beliefs,” she added. “We know so many gay individuals that fully support the freedom of living your life according to your beliefs and feel that freedom extends to everyone, even the people that we don’t agree with.”

Shortly after, two other members of the LGBTQ community made two sizable donations of $250 each.

lgbtweekly.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

we have given till it hurt, many times, we have so many damn taxes now that are totally wasted on global domination, that could've been spent so much better for our own poor, but we must take over the world for some strange reason. many have personally adopted poor children in other countries, financially, and in some cases, literally. we adopted a child in south america, financially, when we were ourselves, stuffed 2 adults and 3 children in an one bedroom basement apartment.

i tried to start an inner city wellness center, funded by a gofundme and ran thru the fire dept, but it doesn't fit the paradigm that white christian who is not just hard core liberal, would do anything nice for people without viewing it as lowering herself to her lessers. so how in the sam hill are we supposed to help people who ask for help, when any help that's offered is spit on as if it isn't good enough for the intended receipents? there is something seriously wrong with that picture.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Your false dialectic of individual freedom OR state is the sign of a closed mind, Binary Brain. If a state is only allowed to ensure individual freedom for instance, including against bigoted religious denials of individual freedom. All are equal before the law is core.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Wow ... nothing like quoting the words of Jesus to get Christians in an uproar!

I talk about giving money to help those in need; I get lectures about taxes and the gay people that support the pizza people.

I didn't say the stuff about helping the poor, sick and needy ... that was Jesus ...

Talk to Him about it.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: PrivateSi

Your false dialectic of individual freedom OR state is the sign of a closed mind, Binary Brain. If a state is only allowed to ensure individual freedom for instance, including against bigoted religious denials of individual freedom. All are equal before the law is core.

Thanks for rendering your judgement on who I am and what I think based on one post!

I'm glad your mind is so open and multifaceted that you can rush to a conclusion that quickly ... that's really great.

I have a thought experiment for you though. Let's imagine that I was addressing my comments to a specific member with whom I have had a long standing discussion/argument/conversation on differing issues. What if I was actually making a facetious comment in reflection of the kind of comments I hear from that member that are so utterly cognitively dissonant as to make ones eyes weep blood?

What if I actually know what I'm doing and had a particular intention in mind in my comment to my colleague?

What if, and I know this requires imagination, it is you who are closed-minded and have assumed you know something about me to the degree that you want to school me in what seems to be a sort of pseudo-Marxist academic rhetoric?

Why not ask me what I meant before telling me I'm ... LOL ... binary brained?

Let me help. I believe that there is a balance in all things including politics and government. I continually argue here for a balance between the needs of our society and the needs of the individual. My definition of "the state" is that legal fiction which serves to maintain the infrastructure of society ... and nothing more ... based on the specific language in the US Constitution, adjusted somewhat for 200 years of technological advances.

I stand for equal rights for everyone, and yet, I am regularly told by folks, like macman, that I'm a liberal totalitarian fascist control freak.

Thus, I'm a little touchy when someone tells me all about myself the first time they talk to me.

Make sense?
edit on 20Tue, 07 Apr 2015 20:00:43 -050015p082015466 by Gryphon66 because: Spelling again.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   

do you think people in this country would've supported paying the government taxes in the first place, if they weren't in agreement that the poor should be helped? and that was literally, over a generation ago, and now the government has tagged on over 90 different taxes, most of which is wasted on maintaining wars and global domination. businesses closed under the sheer volume of red tape, out the door, down the street and half way to mars. cause god knows we need to be a bunch of communists.

edit on 7-4-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: undo

do you think people in this country would've supported paying the government taxes in the first place, if they weren't in agreement that the poor should be helped?

What taxes are you talking about?

What help to the poor are you talking about?

I need more facts to manage any response to your question.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   

welfare. food stamps. wic.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Income taxes were first established in the US during the Civil War to aid war funding (1862), and stopped shortly thereafter.

Income taxes were established in the Sixteenth Amendment in 1913.

The various social safety net plans began in 1932 (aside from land grants to veterans, which is another matter).

SO, no, I don't think income taxes or what people thought about them were directly related to government efforts to help feed, clothe and house the needy, as the latter followed the former by almost 20 years.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   

so you don't think the american people are interested in their own poor? we were vehemently against taxation unless it was very necessary. apparently enough people thought it was very necessary to go along with it. so i guess people's energy expended (work) and presented in the form of tax payments to the government, for the express purpose of helping the poor, just sorta happened by osmosis, because some liberal thought it up against the wishes of every christian in the usa?'

and we didn't really earn and pay those taxes, liberals did, cause they're the only people that care (ignoring the fact my parents were democrats, as was i as a young adult and all of us are christians (well my parents are passed away now but you get the idea. my whole family was democrat, as was my husband's family. and all of them, christians. fundies, in fact.)

edit on 7-4-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
After Antigay Pizzeria Fundraiser, Nonprofit Serves Up a Slice of Equality

Planting Peace is hosting a virtual pizza party that will benefit homeless members of the LGBT community. -- RAFFY ERMAC APRIL 07 2015

Charitable, LGBT-friendly organization Planting Peace harnessed the power of the internet Saturday to launch a "Virtual Pizza" fundraiser to help combat LGBT homelessness.

The pizza-themed drive, which has raised more than $36,000 at press time, is in direct response to another fundraising campaign that benefitted the owners of the Walkerton, Indiana's Memories Pizza, after the shop temporarily closed its doors while facing backlash for publicly supporting the state’s new Religious Freedom Restoration Act.

Employees of a talk show on noted conservative Glenn Beck’s The Blaze network started a GoFundMe page for Memories Pizza co-owners Kevin and Crystal O’Connor last week — and raised more than $840,000 in a matter of days for the antigay pizzeria owners.

“I wanted to try to raise money for something that will actually make the world better and send a message of support to the LGBTQ community,” said Aaron Jackson, Planting Peace’s president, in a statement. “The best thing we can do in the face of something so negative is to try to turn it into something positive."

www.advocate.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

that's very nice. i hope they get alot of donations, like the pizza place did

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

That is a great story. I love when people come together in a positive way to help each other.
Thanks for posting.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Pizza GoFundMe - - - started by Glenn Beck.

"Vlirtual Pizza" - - - started by Planting Peace

Our mission is simple. PEACE.

Planting Peace is a global nonprofit organization founded for the purpose of spreading peace in a hurting world. Our projects focus primarily on humanitarian aid and environmental initiatives, including our multi-national deworming campaign, Equality House LGBTQ rights advocacy, a network of orphanages and safe havens, and conservation effort in the rainforests of Peru.

www.plantingpeace.org...

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join