It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HIDDEN CAMERA: Gay Wedding Cake At Muslim Bakeries

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

So, you value AZ and the less laws, as compared to CA, yet seem to want more Govt control over people...so long as it fits your agenda.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: macman

So, you value AZ and the less laws, as compared to CA, yet seem to want more Govt control over people...so long as it fits your agenda.

I did't say that.

I said I appreciate CA building laws after living in AZ.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Ahhh, well then I misread your statement.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Ahhh, well then I misread your statement.

Honestly, I can see both sides.

It would be great if everyone had integrity and believed in a "live, let live" philosophy.

It just isn't how real life is.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

It sure as hell can be. Leave people alone. Stop having the Govt tell people how to act and think.
If someone does something you don't like, leave them alone.

It all comes down to force. Whether or not you want others forced into what you want.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

It sure as hell can be. Leave people alone. Stop having the Govt tell people how to act and think.

It all comes down to force. Whether or not you want others forced into what you want.

Until someone breaks a law that you favor ... then you shoot 'em in the street or in the back as most appropriate, right?

Yee haa! Hypocrisy! Awaaaay!
edit on 15Mon, 06 Apr 2015 15:56:31 -050015p032015466 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

i agree, on its face, the gays need to have the same protection as other racial groups, even though gay isn't a race, gay people are born gay, so it's not their fault. i say the same thing about the fact i'm white. not my fault. i didn't say, hey god, let me be born white so people can blame me for # i didn't do. nope, never said that.

edit on 6-4-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

I had a friend that lived in a hippie commune early 70s. One of her kids was even born natural in the commune.

She said it was good for a short period. Then the inevitable - - some people are doers, some people aren't. People drifted into their own personalities - - - a few ended up doing all the work.

Then people started pushing boundaries. Living peacefully gets boring after a while, I guess. Humans did what humans do, they got jealous, they got territorial, some brought hard drugs into the commune.

You've heard "one bad apple spoils the whole bunch" - - yep that's true, it only takes one.

No government laws is idealism.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   

What's most amazing to me is that the good ol days of the founders is held out to be some libertarian wonderland when in fact their law codes were orders of magnitudes more restrictive on "personal freedom" than what we have today.

Yet another inconvenient truth I guess.
edit on 17Mon, 06 Apr 2015 17:39:13 -050015p052015466 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17Mon, 06 Apr 2015 17:40:08 -050015p052015466 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

What's most amazing to me is that the good ol days of the founders is held out to be some libertrin wonderland when in fact their law codes were orders of magnitudes more restrictive on "personal freedom" than what we have today.

Yet another inconvenient truth I guess.

I'm a female from the 50s. Don't I know. (and that was only 65 years ago)

Etched in my psych - - my gramma wrapping a cloth around her head and secretly smoking in the bathroom. I guess the towel was so her hair wouldn't smell like smoke.
edit on 6-4-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Like being forced to sit at the back of the bus? Or use the "colored" bathroom?

What is often ignored by proponents of the mob rule version of the free market vs. minority protections against discrimination is that the "free market", like Democracy. Requires Minority Rights....lest the "Majority" tyrannize the minority.

Discrimination is an economic "Force".

A free market that allows the majority to discriminate against the minority, in whatever context the majority and minority appear in, actually degrades "free-market" capitalism

In large and small ways discrimination in the free-market equates to a tax. It could be as simple as the extra cab-fair or gas expense to find a store that serves "your kind" or the fact that their might be only one store that serves "your kind" leading to inflated market prices.

Our free market reflects our democracy and in both we demand a fair an equal marketplace of commerce and ideas for not just the majority, but the "minority" as well. Absent that, the marketplace and democracy is not "free".

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

dunno if you've noticed, but i think they shipped all our jobs off to china. lol we can't even argue over if everyone is being treated fairly cause there are no jobs! they won't even let us sell to ourselves cause they've weighed down the process of opening a business, to breaking point and have penalized us heavily, for trying to export! we are spiraling down into a third world economy, on purpose!

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: undo

i agree, on its face, the gays need to have the same protection as other racial groups, even though gay isn't a race, gay people are born gay, so it's not their fault. i say the same thing about the fact i'm white. not my fault. i didn't say, hey god, let me be born white so people can blame me for # i didn't do. nope, never said that.

Gay people don't need protection, and we don't need anything because we're gay.

I don't think you see or hear the tone in your voice ... gays, while you think we should be treated okay, are OTHER to you.

We're different. You don't look around you everyday and judge or categorize people by what you imagine they might do intimately ... except for gays, lesbians, etc.

We're law-abiding American citizens and we deserve only what every American deserves, no more and no less.

Equality before the law. An even playing field. Our natural and civil rights.
edit on 19Mon, 06 Apr 2015 19:14:35 -050015p072015466 by Gryphon66 because: Hpp

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   

i knew you would find a way to still make me sound like a bigot, even though i've been defending you this entire time.

i give up.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: undo

i knew you would find a way to still make me sound like a bigot, even though i've been defending you this entire time.

i give up.

I didn't make you sound like a bigot.

It's fairly obvious that we just rub each other the same way and that's the wrong way.

My point is that gay people are just like straight people are just like white people are just like black people like Jewish people like Christian people like Atheists, Muslims, men, women, transfolk, young, old, bright, dim, normal, abnormal ... in short ... human.

We are all human people. No special rights. No special problems.

I won't bother you with my responses any longer. Post on, Undo.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

yeah well contrary to public opinion, i'm not a masochist or a sadist. i've had enough bad things happen to my life to suffice for several life times and frankly, i'm really quite done with that entire "martyr" thing. i still believe in caring about and defending those who need it, but to be read the riot act for defending you, that was when i realized, you want to hate me. you don't want me to defend you because i'm not good enough for you, as you just demonstrated. so fine, i'm not going to defend you. it's confusing but whatever.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   

If the law is broken, and there is a legal right to do so like defensive actions, that is a natural occurrence.

Self-defense is as close to nature as it can be.

But, way to do the typical Progressive dance move of distract and deflect.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   

And the natural consequences play out.

Massive Govt intrusion is control of the people, plain and simple. You only seem to back it in this case, because it backs your stance.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Yes, because a Govt based rule forcing people to sit in the back of the bus is exactly like a business refusing service.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

And the natural consequences play out.

Massive Govt intrusion is control of the people, plain and simple. You only seem to back it in this case, because it backs your stance.

I am not anti-government. I think that is stupid. I am anti-corruption.

But, I see nothing corrupt about Laws that everyone must be treated equally.

If anything, Religion is intruding on a secular government.

new topics

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join