It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HIDDEN CAMERA: Gay Wedding Cake At Muslim Bakeries

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Statistically, considering the "normal" curve, anything with an incidence of greater than 5 or so percent in a given population is within the boundaries of "normal."

Incidence of homosexuality in population varies but averages around 10-20%.

Just FYI.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
'Senator' Obama also voted for the RFRA...

You just lost all credibility on this issue, IMO. Not only did you make Obama into a time-traveler, you compared the federal RFRA to Indiana's totally divergent law.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I'm fine with companies that refuse to serve gays. I'm also fine with boycotts and backlash against them.

I'm not sure how much I like laws though. I think i favor allowing social evolution run it's course.

If this business can't withstand the backlash, so be it, he made his choice and the other side won. if it does survive, i guess the pro-gay side can just give their business to someone else.

If someone hated me enough to not want to serve me, I don't think I'd want to force them to. I wouldn't feel safe eating their food. I'm sure they'd add pubic hair, and boogers to it. I don't trust religious people to treat me right. They don't have the greatest history of morality.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: mahatche
I'm fine with companies that refuse to serve gays. I'm also fine with boycotts and backlash against them.

I'm not sure how much I like laws though. I think i favor allowing social evolution run it's course.

As previously stated, my mom had polio in the 1952 epidemic. The Disability Act was not signed until 1990.

That is 38 years without equal rights and protection of a disabled person.

If you think people, out of the goodness of their hearts, made "special" accommodations because someone was disabled - - think again.

Only Legal FORCE works.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

This is what happens when you paint yourself into a corner so to speak. The Conservatives have a couple of positions to take but neither one makes for a choice they want to promote.

Position 1:
Support the Religious Freedom Bill and rally to support it for everyone. However this time it's Muslims who will have to be shown support rather than Christians. That makes it difficult when you also want to hate Muslims and promote that idea..

Position 2:
Don't show support for the Religious Freedom Bill because it's those darn Muslims this time which we must always be showing to the world as Terrorists and nothing like us good Christian Americans. However, that would be going against the Bill which would be hypocritical to do after we already started defending Christians when they support it. Plus it highlights the similarity of thinking when it comes to this issue between American Muslims and American Christians.

This is why it's not being picked up. Because as far as Conservative media is concerned there isn't a good position to promote their agenda with.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

You just lost all credibility on this issue, IMO. Not only did you make Obama into a time-traveler, you compared the federal RFRA to Indiana's totally divergent law.

I'll let you keep your own credibility...as you need all you can get.

The Religious Freedom Restoration Act of 1993 was passed, with broad bipartisan support, by a Democratic Congress and signed enthusiastically by President Clinton. In 1998 the Illinois Senate passed the state’s own version of RFRA, 56-0, with Sen. Barack Obama not just present but voting “yes.”

www.sodahead.com... enator%20obama%20rfra

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: mahatche

I think many of us still hold out hope for a world that is "post-gay/or/straight" ... and by that I mean, a world in which no one gives a rat's hat what someone's sexual orientation is unless you're, well, sleeping with them.

It doesn't matter. It doesn't make us, in general, that different from each other.

In the last century, we've come from a place where gays and lesbians were afraid to show their faces in public, let others know who they really were, and lived closed lives of silent camouflage hoping that they wouldn't be arrested, incarcerated, maimed, electro-shocked, fired, or have everything they had worked for in their lives taken away from them ... to a place where most of us can live lives the same as all other Americans.

To steal an old phrase from the 60s, "we've come a long way baby" ... and even though we have a distance to go, I'm hopeful.

Most days.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

The Religious Freedom Restoration Act of 1993 was passed, with broad bipartisan support, by a Democratic Congress and signed enthusiastically by President Clinton. In 1998 the Illinois Senate passed the state’s own version of RFRA, 56-0, with Sen. Barack Obama not just present but voting “yes.”

One of the rare times he actually voted

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

I'll let you keep your own credibility...as you need all you can get.

www.sodahead.com... enator%20obama%20rfra

Now you're just being dishonest: here's what you said:

a reply to: Justoneman

'Senator' Obama also voted for the RFRA ...before he didn't.
Back then, under Clinton, the debate was about the right of Native Americans to be allowed to use Peyote in their religious ceremonies...so, absolutely, the president and congress were enthusiastically all for it.

Now, that Christians are attempting to utilize it to protect their religious freedom,....Obama's enthusiasm for it?...Well,...not so much.

You see, these days, among progressive liberals, it's really ONLY about protecting the religious freedoms of Americans you like.

Emphasis mine. You were very clearly talking about 1993. Read what you wrote. Back then under Clinton

Not only were you wildly incorrect, now you're overtly misrepresenting the OBVIOUS truth.

Pathetic.

edit on 16Sat, 04 Apr 2015 16:51:59 -050015p042015466 by Gryphon66 because: Oopse format

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Nail meet hammer!

This story would just go to show how alike at the core they really are!

Shoot the bakeries here just wouldn't put the writing or pictures but seemed like they would happily give them a cake!

Almost makes them a little more tolerant.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

So you're okay with blatant dishonesty as long as it benefits your political agenda?

Wait, what am I asking.

Silly me.

Nevermind.

edit on 16Sat, 04 Apr 2015 16:54:20 -050015p042015466 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Well, somebody's panties are in a bunch...such emphasis. LOL.

I'll stand by my original words.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

You don't like your dishonestly and misunderstanding written large on the screen do you?

You're not skittering away from this one. Here you like the big letters:

Your original words were that Obama voted for the RFRA back then under Clinton.

You're "standing behind" a blatant mistake.

That's okay you know; we all make mistakes.

But when we double-down on it, we look foolish.

edit on 16Sat, 04 Apr 2015 16:59:15 -050015p042015466 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

LOL...I think you're better off sticking to the 'Time Travel' threads, friend...You really seem quite fixated on it.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

LOL...I think you're better off sticking to the 'Time Travel' threads, friend...You really seem quite fixated on it.

Should I hand you a hat and cane as you desperately try to dance aside from your mistake and your dishonestly by focusing on me?

Why don't you just admit you make a mistake? Are you really that ... proud and arrogant?

It's beyond obvious IMTAT.
edit on 17Sat, 04 Apr 2015 17:10:58 -050015p052015466 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

(here, I'll give you a segue ...)

Hey IAMTAT, by the way ... still nothing on The Blaze about the awful attempted religious repression of the con-man against Michigan Muslims that you were bellowing about in your OP ... what's up with that?

Doesn't Beck care about religious freedom? Or is he okay with con-men?
edit on 17Sat, 04 Apr 2015 17:14:46 -050015p052015466 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

NO RESULTS FOUND - The Blaze
edit on 17Sat, 04 Apr 2015 17:17:06 -050015p052015466 by Gryphon66 because: Heh.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

As previously stated, my mom had polio in the 1952 epidemic. The Disability Act was not signed until 1990.

If you think people, out of the goodness of their hearts, made "special" accommodations because someone was disabled - - think again.

Only Legal FORCE works.

I'm bisexual, but I have no interest in forcing people to make me a cake. If someone denied me I'd make it be known, and if enough people felt like they didn't want to support that business, I'd obviously welcome it, but I won't deny someone the right to do business just because they dislike me. I actually prefer having them be up front about it. I'll go somewhere else and avoid eating cake with pubic hair.

It's not far from my views on the gay marriage debate. I'm fine with churches who don't marry gays, I don't want a law to force them, I just want the churches who are willing to have that right. If the anti-gay churches can survive their reputation of bigotry, so be it, but I don't think they will.

I'm actually kind of thankful for the "I'm a bigot" signs.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Only Legal FORCE works.

I'm bisexual, but I have no interest in forcing people to make me a cake.

I don't care what your personal feelings are - - or the personal feelings of a business owner.

This is about all public businesses treating EVERY customer equally.

And I know from my own personal experience - - - it does not happen on its own.

You say - "Oh, you can just go to a different place". Well that's just great if you're not lugging around a 10 pound brace, using crutches, with 3 minor children in tow. Or you can't drive and can only walk to the nearest business. etc etc.

You're looking at yourself. Probably young, healthy, with no issue "shopping around" for a business that doesn't discriminate against you.

Its not about you.

edit on 4-4-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Have you missed all the discussions about how the Indiana Religious Freedom Bill is NOT the same as others?

Having all the facts helps.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Only Legal FORCE works.

I don't care what your personal feelings are - - or the personal feelings of a business owner.

You say - "Oh, you can just go to a different place". Well that's just great if you're not lugging around a 10 pound brace, using crutches, with 3 minor children in tow. Or you can't drive and can only walk to the nearest business. etc etc.

You're looking at yourself. Probably young, healthy, with no issue "shopping around" for a business that doesn't discriminate against you.

Its not about you.

To be fair, this ain't about polio either. You say I'm young healthy and don't have to worry about polio braces, but I do have to worry about LGBT discrimination, I do know of bigots who would attack me and cause physical harm, some extremists might even throw me off a building, and of course businesses might not let me in their building. So yea, I think my personal view has a place here.

How is my personal opinion any different than yours? Believe it or not, I do have a friend in a wheel chair who is opposed to government mandates for ramps. I was surprised to hear it, but his line of thought was much like mine. Maybe we are just more philosophical than emotional.

I'm not sure I agree that a businesses MUST be equal to everyone. It's a nice socially acceptable thing to do, and If they know what's best for them they will do it, but the paradigm is shifting, public opinion of gays has swayed, and if they choose to hurt their reputations with a bigot sign, I say let em.

I'm ok with regulations to prevent the sale of deadly products, but I'm not quiet on board with hurt feelings over cakes.

I don't agree that the most sensitive LGBT voice is the only valid one either. My views are my opinion of what's best for society, like anyone else.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Only Legal FORCE works.

Its not about you.

To be fair, this ain't about polio either.

What a surprise.

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join