It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HIDDEN CAMERA: Gay Wedding Cake At Muslim Bakeries

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
So if Jesus were around today, he would be bashing and hating gays?

He'd refuse to feed them if they were getting married, that's for sure!

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

He'd refuse to feed them if they were getting married, that's for sure!

That's OK. I hear gays don't care much for bread and sushi anyways.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: Annee

We've NEVER had a situation on this planet where everyone did the right thing because it was the right thing to do. Nice thought, but completely unrealistic.

Of course not. The Idealism that we can all live independently and let everyone do their own thing is insane.

As I've pointed out to Navy Doc - - - that doesn't even work in a family of 5. Different ages, different needs, different wants, different beliefs, different personalities, etc.

Its constant adjusting, re-adjusting, to accommodate everyone and make it fair/equal.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
When should we expect to see all the Christian supporters coming to the rescue of these Muslim Baker for upholding their Religious Values???

Here all this time you thought you guys had nothing in common with each other but low and behold you have the same issues with gay weddings as they do. What a happy happy day isn't it. I can't wait to see Muslims and Christians walking hand and hand together after this...

link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: IAMTAT

Wasn't it you who started this thread??? Isn't this thread about how this would never get picked up by Main Stream Media???

I thought that was your theory, that something like this video would never get the attention because it's against muslims instead of christians???

I'm not saying it as an insult or anything, I'm just pointing out that they did pick it up but in doing so that ruins your theory that they wouldn't.

Am I wrong here??? Did I miss something???

Sure, okay...Lets take a look at what my OP said:

A video showing MUSLIM bakeries in Deaborn Michigan refusing to bake a wedding cake for a guy's gay wedding.
Will we hear the cries of 'homophobia' from the Twitter brigades?
Will Michigan be boycotted?
Will the Muslim bakeries in question receive death threats or be run out of business?
Will people criticize Muslims in America as they do Christians?
Have you heard of this on the evening news?
Amazing the youtube video only has 300 views.

With the exception of maybe FOX, tonight, this story hasn't been and won't be discussed on the evening news.
I haven't checked, but I assume that on youtube it has more than the original 300 views noted at the opening of my thread.
Other than that? Where's the equivalent outrage from the LGBT community for these muslim bakeries?

link   

Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

Might be easier to get rid of wedding cakes all together.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Any business has the right to refuse service to whomever they want. But by singleling out one specific group of people they will lose business both from that group and others who think that they are unempathetic bigots. Especially with so many internet review websites, they will lose reputation. Eventually that business will suffer self imposed consequences, likely regreting that short sided decision.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5
That was exactly my take on the video after watching it carefully three times.

a reply to: roadgravel
And pizza.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Where's the equivalent outrage from the LGBT community for these muslim bakeries?

Where is the example of a Muslim refusing to bake a generic wedding cake for a gay couple? I'm still waiting....

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

It's been one day and it's being picked up by Fox and Conservative Radio and Big Internet Media already.

Look, I don't get you're position here. You sound pissed because it doesn't get picked up, then a day later it get's picked up and you're making excuses still.

You say it will never be reported on because it's Muslims instead of Christians but it is being reported on now.

It would seem to me that everyone in this thread who is claiming Christian Persecution and Secretive Muslim Protection should maybe take this as a reason to shut the hell up and stop the pity party BS.

But that's just me I guess.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Did they give the man what he asked for? No.
That is refusing to serve him.
Parse it all you want, but the fact remains: Service was refused on religious grounds.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Well looks like all of you screaming IT WILL NOT get picked up were wrong.
Apology accepted.

Anyhooo, Hows about we start a Conservative GoFundMe started for THIS MUSLIM establishment, like the Christian pizzeria that just got 500K in 24 hours for being biggots.

ANY TAKERS?
The Muslims are needing your unbridled support too mkay?

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: kaylaluv

Did they give the man what he asked for? No.
That is refusing to serve him.
Parse it all you want, but the fact remains: Service was refused on religious grounds.

BS. No baker has ever been forced to decorate a cake in a way that is offensive to him. Any baker has been able to decline putting a penis on a cake, or boobs on a cake or sex toys on a cake or an anti-gay slogan on a cake, or a pro-gay slogan on a cake. The Christian baker refused to sell a generic wedding cake (that he would sell to anyone other than a gay person) with no potentially offensive decoration.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

It's been one day and it's being picked up by Fox and Conservative Radio and Big Internet Media already.

Look, I don't get you're position here. You sound pissed because it doesn't get picked up, then a day later it get's picked up and you're making excuses still.

You say it will never be reported on because it's Muslims instead of Christians but it is being reported on now.

It would seem to me that everyone in this thread who is claiming Christian Persecution and Secretive Muslim Protection should maybe take this as a reason to shut the hell up and stop the pity party BS.

Show me the LGBT outrage? Prove to me that their outrage is not selective in this case.
I would be just fine with it being proven there is not a double standard.
Show me equivalent outrage and protest.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

You would be wrong. Me too. And they know NOTHING about persecution. Try growing up in the 60's and 70's as a Jehovah's Witness. While the kids are watching Sat. morning cartoons I'm banging on their door. While they are watching football with their families I'm knocking on their door bothering them. Made school fun. Rocks were as common as rain. If you REALLY want to know about persecution I can school you on that.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

This is what is confusing the bejeebus out of me.

Imagine him at the feeding of the five thousand asking each individual if they were gay and getting married then refusing them bread and fish, isn't going to happen. Every single teaching of jesus was about going above and beyond to help the outcasts, even to go as far as fully forgive abhorrent criminals, 'god is love' after all so why would he want to ruin someone's wedding day?

All of this contradictsthe religious teaching, much in the same way that in this instance the Koran follows the teachings of Jesus as a prophet and believe only Allah can judge. ISIS are not Muslims the same way the KK are not Christians.

--

As for the OP yes this would be equally as bad as the pizzeria if it wasn't such an obvious wind up. If it was a person rather than comedian doing it and they still refused then it's equally as disgraceful.

The question is are the same people who donated to and championed to the pizzeria going to do the same or will they refuse on the grounds the owners were Muslim. My guess is no as from an outsiders point of view the US became a fundy Christian country back in the 80s when they took over the Republican Party and forced them to change from the rights of individuals (i.e republicans being booed off stage for claiming they think a woman should have the right to choose over abortion instead of the state) to what they perceive to be gods law (rapid following of the doomsday prophecy to cause mass war and bring the rapture early).

Most Christians and Muslims, like any religion, are decent people - sadly the idiots give them a bad name.

edit on 3-4-2015 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Dude, give it a chance. It's been a day. Like I have some sort of leadership role with what the LGBT crowd is doing about this???

Give it a chance, there's plenty of hate to go around after all. The Muslims will get theirs too.

How about you show me the Christian Support for these Muslims??? Where is the rally cry from all the Religious Freedom People rushing to defend these poor Muslim Bakers???

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

HUH???

I'm not claiming Persecution.

What am I wrong about???

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

a reply to: intrepid

HUH???

I'm not claiming Persecution.

What am I wrong about???

You were wrong in that you thought it was only you thinking this. I agree with you.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
Well looks like all of you screaming IT WILL NOT get picked up were wrong.
Apology accepted.

Anyhooo, Hows about we start a Conservative GoFundMe started for THIS MUSLIM establishment, like the Christian pizzeria that just got 500K in 24 hours for being biggots.

ANY TAKERS?
The Muslims are needing your unbridled support too mkay?

Have the Muslim bakeries been run out of business by receiving thousands of death and arson threats from the LGBT community for following their religious beliefs?
If so, then I'd contribute.

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join