It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HIDDEN CAMERA: Gay Wedding Cake At Muslim Bakeries

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Is it bigoted and discriminatory for a specific group of citizens to selectively single out one particular religion for condemnation and persecution, when another religion practicing the exact same thing is not treated in the same manner?

Is not that group of citizens practicing discrimination and exhibiting bigotry?

Politics: Right Wing Christian Lobby.

Christians in America trying to force people to adhere to their belief through politics.

When is the last time you heard of the Muslim Lobby?

CAIR.
www.cair.com...

Yes, I am aware of that.

And that compares to the Right Wing Christian Lobby how?

You asked me to produce a Muslim Lobby for you:
"When is the last time you heard of the Muslim Lobby?"

...and I gave you CAIR.
Are you now denying that CAIR is a Muslim lobby group?

That is not what I asked. I can Google too.

I said "when is the last time you heard of one".

As in - - - when is the last time they've made the political headlines trying to force others to adhere to their belief?

Glad you can Google too.
Since you can, please Google CAIR and press the NEWS tab.
CAIR is VERY active...maybe not on MSNBC...but then MSNBC is pretty much on life support these days.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Is it bigoted and discriminatory for a specific group of citizens to selectively single out one particular religion for condemnation and persecution, when another religion practicing the exact same thing is not treated in the same manner?

Is not that group of citizens practicing discrimination and exhibiting bigotry?

Politics: Right Wing Christian Lobby.

Christians in America trying to force people to adhere to their belief through politics.

When is the last time you heard of the Muslim Lobby?

CAIR.
www.cair.com...

Yes, I am aware of that.

And that compares to the Right Wing Christian Lobby how?

You asked me to produce a Muslim Lobby for you:
"When is the last time you heard of the Muslim Lobby?"

...and I gave you CAIR.
Are you now denying that CAIR is a Muslim lobby group?

That is not what I asked. I can Google too.

I said "when is the last time you heard of one".

As in - - - when is the last time they've made the political headlines trying to force others to adhere to their belief?

Glad you can Google too.
Since you can, please Google CAIR and press the NEWS tab.
CAIR is VERY active...maybe not on MSNBC...but then MSNBC is pretty much on life support these days.

Activist groups tend to be active.

In no way do they compare to the power and presence of the Right Wing Christian Lobby.
edit on 3-4-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

i don't think people should be forced to serve people based on race or religion or gender, either. it's the "force them to or else" part that is the problem. naturally, you should care enough about your fellow humans, regardless of all those attributes, to provide them services they require within reason, but the within reason part is very rubbery and can be and has been abused. and that's the scary part for most people.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

originally posted by: neveroddoreven99

Not sure if you'd noticed or not, but these places aren't refusing to serve. They're perfectly happy to make a cake for anyone. A specific cake that goes against their religious beliefs, that are protected by the constitution by the way? That's something entirely different. If you can't see that, then there's probably no helping you. Some of us still care about constitutional rights though.

OHHH or pity's sake. Didn't the country go through this in the early 60's? Yes, I believe we did.

When somebody becomes so blatantly bigoted in public, somebody needs the authority to step in and say

"You can't do this".

That includes Christians. It includes muslims. It includes you.

People can take their smelly pile of bigotry and spray perfume on it. Tie a bow around it. Write it down and use it as a book marker in your Bible. It doesn't change anything. It's still bigotry. I honestly think I should advise you to look up the word.

....and excuse Me? I wont even tell you what you can do with your condescending little attitude. I think you know.

There some one goes getting apples and oranges mixed up. Accepted religious texts that say Black/Yellow/Red or White are blasphemes to any deity simply do not exist. Case closed, they and the gays are human beings. However the texts they are using to study a religion to claim a lifestyle is not accepted is in those texts. We will never hate the sinner, only the sin. Never let that truth be denied. Just as smoking crack would not be acceptable, being allowed to be freely gay and demanding acceptance is two different things. There are consequences for actions. IF we were all gay there would be no way to procreate and that is a huge reason it was shunned by many. Being addicted to drugs people claim to also be born into but that doesn't mean society has to agree with the sin does it?

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: undo

i don't think people should be forced to serve people based on race or religion or gender, either. it's the "force them to or else" part that is the problem. naturally, you should care enough about your fellow humans, regardless of all those attributes, to provide them services they require within reason, but the within reason part is very rubbery and can be and has been abused. and that's the scary part for most people.

It's scary to me that you think it was perfectly okay for the white South to have "whites only" signs on their stores/restaurants/bathrooms.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

It's scary to me that you think it was perfectly okay for the white South to have "whites only" signs on their stores/restaurants/bathrooms.

STAR that one i agree with you on the lunacy of that whole mindset.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

a reply to: undo

Try refusing to cater a wedding because there are black people in it.

i know precisely what you mean, and i understand exactly why the laws protecting blacks were enacted, however, i don't think the laws were actually legal in the sense of "constitutionally" or "bill of rights". rather, i think the laws already provided in the new testament that say to love your neighbor as yourself, should've been sufficient to supply people with reason to be kind to blacks without force. unfortunately, that didn't happen, and the government intervened. whenever the government intervenes, it screws the pooch. it helped the blacks, no doubt, and that was good, but it opened the door for all manner of even worse government interference, where they decided they had to be our consciences for us and that is extremely dangerous.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman
Surely you removed your tongue from your cheek after you posted that?

No. There was no actual discrimination, no laws broken, no lawsuit. Besides, discrimination in Michigan is legal. If it HAD been a real gay man asking for a cake, it would have been discrimination, but not against the law.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Undo, I honestly don't think you have a mean bone in your body, and I think your mind is awesome. But I don't understand you sometimes.

But tell me, how do you feel about Rosa Parks, for example? Did she do something wrong? Do you resent her for her actions? Do you think she should have been ignored that history-changing day?

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Must be nice having a business doing so well that customers can be turned away.

It's just another reason people find to keep the hatred and turmoil in the world.

Waiting for the "We don't serve Christians" movement to ramp up.

Religion doesn't see it's own hypocrisy.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

it's not perfectly okay, it's just a shame the people themselves couldn't have paid enough attention to what jesus was already teaching them. unfortunately, many of them were not christians and several of those who were, had a strange view of the "love your neighbor as yourself" commandment. i mean jesus only focused on 2 commandments. how hard was it to follow those 2 commandments? apparently alot harder than they look. they thought it meant, "love those who look like you" (That's why they are your neighbor cause you wouldn't let people who don't look like you, live next door. le mew, le sigh. what a bunch of mularkey/ which is why today, we have racial based neighborhoods and even gang based neighborhoods).

that's okay, let's just ignore jesus so the government can tell us how to #

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Unfortunately, there are just some not very nice people in this world. It's a sad fact. We can either let them be mean and treat people unfairly by saying, "oh well", or we can try to do something about it. Laws are an unfortunate necessity I'm afraid, to keep the world a slightly nicer place for all of us.

link   
Does anyone know if this is a gay wedding cake, or a heterosexual wedding cake ?

And is this a gay pizza, or a heterosexual pizza ?

And is this a gay wedding bouquet, or a heterosexual wedding bouquet ?

Inquiring minds need to know...

Thanks.

link   

Yes! Please.

Let's ignore Jesus in this Secular Government.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

no she didnt' do something wrong. obviously! she did good. the people who didn't want her doing that, were wrong. clearly. that's why i keep saying, had they just listened (i mean the christians who were against blacks) to jesus, none of that would've been necessary and they wouldn't have had the government telling them when to crap, where to crap, how much to crap, and what to eat so you can crap.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Laws are an unfortunate necessity I'm afraid, to keep the world a slightly nicer place for all of us.

300+ million people and no central government.

Maybe we can go back to tribes.

You know, same thought people gathering together - - - then warring with those who don't have the same belief.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: neveroddoreven99

Well well, what a surprise. Now you're offline all of a sudden. Typical and expected. You come here, talk your sh*t and when you get called on it and have to either put up or shut up, it's nothing but silence.

Better luck next time champ.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Because we DO have separation of church and state! Let's think of some countries who incorporate both:

Hm? Iran? Saudi Arabia?

I don't know about you, but those places don 't sound very appealing to me. I'll keep my religious beliefs private, and wish everybody else would do the same.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Yes! Please.

Let's ignore Jesus in this Secular Government.

the point is, the secular government wouldn't have had to intervene had the christian people at the time, just followed what jesus said regarding their treatment of other human beings. even this gay issue is similar. if gays are biologically born gay, they are no more at fault for who they are than you or me or any one else on the planet. as a result, i understand the non discrimination clause applies to them because it's their biology, not their fault. unfortunately, that means because of the way some christians interpret the words of jesus, that means the gov is going to intervene once again, and force the issue. it would never get to this point, if christians just followed what jesus said. it's hard i know, and none of us are pro at it, but that's such a simple thing (loving your neighbor, i mean), that is, unless your neighbor hates your guts (then it gets a bit harder).

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

We've NEVER had a situation on this planet where everyone did the right thing because it was the right thing to do. Nice thought, but completely unrealistic.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join