It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious airfield appears in the UAE

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: dragonridr

Really were you aware the UAE has expanded other airbases as well. They are concerned about an attack from Iran and are currently in a program to upgrade their air capabilities.

Aww crap, I know the dogma.

Iran isn't attacking anybody. The base won't be used to defend from Iran, but to attack it. Thanks for clarifying that.

Maybe the Arab league is all but declaring war again st Iran. But Looking at the base looks more like they will bring cargo through it and it will have fighter protection. If you need to keep a supply route you want to make sure an enemy doesn't have access to it. It's well known the Arab league has had with Iran throw in Israelis as well. I think the recent change by Obama administration had many realize the US isn't going to do anything about Iran. And in fact has even started working with them so many countries are preparing to act on their own it appears. Arab league is going to war.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Of course, because Iran is the ONLY country the UAE may end up fighting against in that area. They're besties with everyone else, and would never fight them.

Oh, damn. I keep forgetting the US told them to build a new airbase for them to use to attack Iran, because the bigger one that they already use isn't good enough.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   

And yet, I don't see any shadows anywhere near that area.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   

I think the recent change by Obama administration had many realize the US isn't going to do anything about Iran.

The recent talks with Iran outside the UN, isolating the country from world review proves that US is in fact running the same playbook.

All the countries victimized by the West have at first been disarmed. Saddam Hussien (WMD), Libya, (MANPADS), Syria (chemical weapons, Red Line) and now Iran with this media BS abut a nuclear weapon.

I know where this will lead. And I fully expect more bases to be constructed preparing just for that.

Case in point Zaphod's, thread "Mystery Base"…

An opportunity to dismiss it and claim "nothing to see here", move along. (watch)

Iran is the prize, and on that list of nations to conquer… nothings changed.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   

And your amazing leap that despite the UAE building many bases in remote areas that this is a US bomber base, without anything even resembling logic. Let's not forget that.
edit on 4/5/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

And yet, I don't see any shadows anywhere near that area.

Done conversing with the, What, huh, i donna see nut in'.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Because once again you can't prove your point. That's the parking area described in the article. There is nowhere else it could be.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   

I think the recent change by Obama administration had many realize the US isn't going to do anything about Iran.

The recent talks with Iran outside the UN, isolating the country from world review proves that US is in fact running the same playbook.

All the countries victimized by the West have at first been disarmed. Saddam Hussien (WMD), Libya, (MANPADS), Syria (chemical weapons, Red Line) and now Iran with this media BS abut a nuclear weapon.

I know where this will lead. And I fully expect more bases to be constructed preparing just for that.

Case in point Zaphod's, thread "Mystery Base"…

An opportunity to dismiss it and claim "nothing to see here", move along. (watch)

Iran is the prize, and on that list of nations to conquer… nothings changed.

You do realize the US is working with Iran and even recommending they be allowed to produce uranium. Aparently you Havnt been keeping up the Obama administration has done a 360 on Iran. In fact so much so scares Israel. But you have an obvious delusional approach to reality. Believe you have a bias you may need to look into your hatred is showing.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Zoom in on it, and point out where it's raised up. Sure looks flat to me.

Looks like a giant bar code!

What is it? I can't even think of anything.

Edit:

Actually just thought about another airport/ space port being built in Abu Dhabi

space port

If you look at the huge concrete pad it appears similar but not as well defined but a definite similarity in my opinion.

edit on 6 4 2015 by Forensick because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Forensick

It just hasn't had the concrete or asphalt poured yet. Hopefully they use concrete. Asphalt is a pain on a parking ramp.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 05:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: FosterVS

The base is located near the border with Oman, and Saudi Arabia, about as far into the UAE as you can get, away from Iran.

Nice find, but bah I hate it when they reference GE but don't post the coordinates. Will have to find it, pin it and keep an eye on it in the future.

EDITED TO ADD:
22°46'24.88"N, 55° 3'47.02"E
Any clue what this is, north of the runway?

If you go to google earth and zoom in close at the two sides and the top you will start to understand that these are a field of solar panels to power the base.
I have put in enough large solar fields to know what a site would look like.

The best giveaways are the lack of shadow of a big building
And along the top where the are drilling holes for the next row of supports to be set in.

they are building another hanger to the right of the panel field for three larger planes.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   

You do realize the US is working with Iran and even recommending they be allowed to produce uranium.

"Uranium" doesn't matter. "Talks" are just manipulation.

All a show to deflect from the eventual goal of subjugation. On the one hand, talk, talk for the cameras, on the other hand build up bases, surround the region and eventually, once 'sanctions' (siege measures) have done their work, invade.

Like that isn't the history of US "involvement" in the Middle East.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   

a reply to: FosterVS

And the coordinates are in this thread.

Where? You already brought a zoomed pic but can't link that…

First page of this thread.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58 Asphalt is really a pain in a location where it can get up to 50 C during the day .

I'm not surprised that the base suddenly went from just a runway to a bunch of other infrastructure as well on Google Earth. It took them some 5 + years to update the shots taken of 4 Wing Cold Lake which showed planes parked on the various ramps for the 2004 air show.

It is nice to have a hangar for an engine change but you don't always get what is nice. Changed a CP-140 engine on the ramp at the Al Minhad airbase in 2002. No overhead cover at all.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: erwalker

We changed many an engine without a hangar to do it in. There are only a few things you really need to do in a hangar for safety reasons. Our run spot was asphalt and every time we ran at power chunks of it would rip up and go flying.
edit on 4/6/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ANNED

The base is located near the border with Oman, and Saudi Arabia, about as far into the UAE as you can get, away from Iran.

Nice find, but bah I hate it when they reference GE but don't post the coordinates. Will have to find it, pin it and keep an eye on it in the future.

EDITED TO ADD:
Any clue what this is, north of the runway?

If you go to google earth and zoom in close at the two sides and the top you will start to understand that these are a field of solar panels to power the base.
I have put in enough large solar fields to know what a site would look like.

The best giveaways are the lack of shadow of a big building
And along the top where the are drilling holes for the next row of supports to be set in.

they are building another hanger to the right of the panel field for three larger planes.

are you saying the entire thing is a solar field? Why would there be two runway turnouts into solar panels? I'm confused on your post. Not being rude I just don't get it. I personally think it is standard rebar reinforced concrete work poured in sections but I have no way to prove it.

eta: I think the discolorations are from water for concrete curing. Im basing this on the way it looks to be drying on the sides and the visible vehicle tracks in the darker sections
edit on 4/6/2015 by howmuch4another because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   

a reply to: FosterVS

And the coordinates are in this thread.

Where? You already brought a zoomed pic but can't link that…

First page of this thread.

Thanks, I saw your edit.

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   
What's the big deal here? Entire CITIES can appear in China within months. Totalitarian, rich govts get # done fast.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join