It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Leaders Debate

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: daftpink
a reply to: Mister_Bit

Have a separate debate with all 7 parties? Seems a bit pointless to duplicate it all really and actually to me seems to encourage segregation.
Instead of seeing it from a self centred point of view (I cant vote for them so get them out the debate) why not see it from the view of the 8 or 9 million people who DON'T live in England and are finally getting their views represented?

But we are segregated with devolution.

Welsh and Scottish can vote on English problems but not the other way around. That's not a national debate.

Nothing wrong with having your views represented.

Plaid Cymru says nothing to me and she didn't suggest one thing for the greater good of the UK as a whole, it was all about Wales... which is fine if you are Welsh and it matters to you BUT even if she offered £1,000,000 cheques to each and every one of us it is irrelevant as any one in England cannot vote for her.

It was pointless.

Now if she were to have a debate with Welsh Labour and Tories, well then that's different. They can vote for anyone they wish.

In fact, we may as well have had American politicans for all the use it was.
edit on Apr284530America/ChicagoFri, 03 Apr 2015 14:28:45 -0500_8532830 by Mister_Bit because: (no reason given)

edit on Apr312630America/ChicagoFri, 03 Apr 2015 14:31:26 -0500_8553130 by Mister_Bit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mister_Bit

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
News thump may be satirical, but reading some of the post on here tells me a lot about the average UKIP supporter..Heartless, racist bigots.
Floating voter convinced by UKIP pledge to let immigrants die of Aids

What of the UK populace that suffers in the mean time?

The people who are refused cancer treatment? Surgeries cancelled? Waiting times up? People treated in a tent? Link

It's a tough call that no one wants to make, they all pretend it isn't happening....

The NHS hasn't got a magic bucket full of money.

Yes, it sounds hard to say and admit but those people who have paid all their working life, paid taxes towards it should be first in the queue.

Please see my link www.nat.org.uk... Farage is distorting the truth yet again, it's so easy to blame immigrants when in fact it has been shown that this HIV 'health tourism' barely exists. Of course, you are going to get immigrants who come here to live and discover they are ill, what do you want to do, send them home to die?
edit on 3-4-2015 by Scouse100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Scouse100
Your link doesn't seem to work for me, it is asking for login details?

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Sturgeon won it by a mile IMHO.
Farage was just a complete twat as usual... managing to turn EVERY SINGLE question into a rant on immigration.
The whole debate was pointless and just pissed me off no end but Cameron was terrible, Bennett was bland (Caroline Lucas was much better as leader) Clegg was just transparently pathetic... Milliband did ok but people think he just looks creepy... I'm just glad that we're not like the US and don't criticise our politicians on the way they look, we're more concerned with policy rather than personality.... oh... wait.
The Welsh lady was OK in parts but made everything about Wales, liked her dig at Farage though - to great applause.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

a reply to: Scouse100
Your link doesn't seem to work for me, it is asking for login details?

Hmmm, sorry I am not technically minded enough to solve it, seems to work from OH's computer

Here is the conclusion anyway which sums up the report....

Conclusions and recommendations
6. Conclusions and recommendations
There is no evidence to demonstrate HIV health tourism to be a significant or real motivation for migration to the UK. There is considerable evidence to demonstrate that HIV health tourism cannot be a significant reason for the migration to the UK of HIV-infected individuals, in particular the lower rates of HIV prevalence compared with country of origin the long average delays between arrival in the UK and accessing HIV testing and care and the evidence available on the actual motivations of migrants coming to the UK.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup
Sturgeon won it by a mile IMHO.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

She did indeed mate.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Politics has been reduced to what is essentially a reality TV gameshow where the contestants robotically babble rehearsed soundbites in response to vetted questions. It just shows the utter contempt the political class has for the electorate.

The fact that people in this country would be swayed by that over things like candidate voting history or examining the special interests and donors that steer policy and actually take their vote seriously says it all, we'll get what we deserve until we force it to change.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Again self centred. Pointless for you. Not for the rest of the UK.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Have a separate debate with all 7 parties? Seems a bit pointless to duplicate it all really and actually to me seems to encourage segregation.
Instead of seeing it from a self centred point of view (I cant vote for them so get them out the debate) why not see it from the view of the 8 or 9 million people who DON'T live in England and are finally getting their views represented?

But we are segregated with devolution.

Welsh and Scottish can vote on English problems but not the other way around. That's not a national debate.

Nothing wrong with having your views represented.

Plaid Cymru says nothing to me and she didn't suggest one thing for the greater good of the UK as a whole, it was all about Wales... which is fine if you are Welsh and it matters to you BUT even if she offered £1,000,000 cheques to each and every one of us it is irrelevant as any one in England cannot vote for her.

It was pointless.

Now if she were to have a debate with Welsh Labour and Tories, well then that's different. They can vote for anyone they wish.

In fact, we may as well have had American politicans for all the use it was.

There is no UKIP candidate in my constituency. Nor one in the constituencies around me either. So should UKIP not have been invited to the debate? Well no, because the UK general election doesn't revolve around me. (Unfortunately).
edit on 4-4-2015 by beansidhe because: sp

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   
ok wait .............. 2 politicians, who have been trained, did not argue face to face, instead, after the initial volley, turned to face the camera's, and so to speak, speak to the populace rather than having a go at each other. I wont mention which two.

Bottom line ............ its all a load of bollocks, they are in it for themselves, not the population of the UK, same as the majority of elected officials in the world i would imagine.

Time to change it? give me suggestions, its not going to happen any time soon (for information, i have been a local councilor with differing views of the chair ......... the chair always wins due to intimidation felt by other councilors, after all, you can't go against the chair .......... i left, cya)

No win situation, in that respect this thread is pointless, we can bleat, discuss, argue all we want ....... at the end of the day, nothing will change and it will be the same old same old .........

Come back and tell me different in May, i bet you can't

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   

And now the Tories feel threatened by her they get the tory backed Daily Mail to run an obviously false story trying to twist her supporters minds...

news.sky.com...

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   

And now the Tories feel threatened by her they get the tory backed Daily Mail to run an obviously false story trying to twist her supporters minds...

news.sky.com...

Yeah, another Rupert Murdoch link ......... politicians, MSM owners .......... all bollocks, read it, watch it, listen to it ......... its all true ........ seen "The Sun" today .... ffs
edit on 2015-04-04T07:26:12-05:002015Sat, 04 Apr 2015 07:26:12 -0500bSaturday2604America/Chicago157 by corblimeyguvnor because: added

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: corblimeyguvnor

Sorry not entirely sure of your points? I posted the link just to give reference for people. I'm aware its an MSM link. I would rather direct people to what the public are saying on twitter but on a mobile so cant. Was just pointing out how the gov't will go to any lengths to discredit those who they feel threatened by.
I think I am in agreement with you?

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: daftpink

You are indeed

Happy Easter

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Just look at how much has been done to discredit UKIP.....which has had the surprising result of making the party even more popular.

The big parties know their time has come, and they are trying to hold on by whatever means possible.

I think the next general election in 2020 could see one of the smaller parties take control, even if part of a coalition.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: woogleuk

wont happen, because of the way votes are counted. Don't forget ....... its first past the post in the UK, not the number of votes cast, this is why Farrage or any of the others have no chance ..... ever

Democratic Society ......... haha, don't make me laugh

Just saying
edit on 2015-04-04T09:32:11-05:002015Sat, 04 Apr 2015 09:32:11 -0500bSaturday3204America/Chicago159 by corblimeyguvnor because: laugh comment added

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

news.sky.com...

It wont work, They are too stupid to realise that. 106,000 and climbing by the day.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: woogleuk

I think the next general election in 2020 could see one of the smaller parties take control, even if part of a coalition.

We can only live in hope. I see not one once of difference between Labour and the Tories today.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   

agreed

2nd line

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join