It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Leaders Debate

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
News thump may be satirical, but reading some of the post on here tells me a lot about the average UKIP supporter..Heartless, racist bigots.
Floating voter convinced by UKIP pledge to let immigrants die of Aids

What of the UK populace that suffers in the mean time?

The people who are refused cancer treatment? Surgeries cancelled? Waiting times up? People treated in a tent? Link

It's a tough call that no one wants to make, they all pretend it isn't happening....

The NHS hasn't got a magic bucket full of money.

Yes, it sounds hard to say and admit but those people who have paid all their working life, paid taxes towards it should be first in the queue.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:50 AM
link   
well, i watched it. Wife was none too pleased when my final comment at the end of the debate was ..................... "Plaid Cymru win it hands down because of her white stockings, SNP a close second for the same reason, Lib Dem 3rd, Labour 4th, Conservative 5th, UKIP 6th, Green 7th, coz she was wearing trousers. Rinse, wash repeat ..... same old bs. Now, owing to my location i cannot vote Plaid Cymru or SNP ............... if Farrage wears white stockings he gets my vote.

Sarcasm off .............. it was a waste of time and the adjudicator did not allow for decent debate.

CBG

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mister_Bit
Seemed to me that Farage was the only one shooting from the hip...so to speak.. and telling it as he sees it... truthful to what he believes.

Nigel's Policies..Them all.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Agreed, and overseas aid reduction seems common sense also, i mean c'mon, sending aid to India so they can send probes to the moon rather than spend it on poverty ........ sheeeeeeeeeeeeesh
edit on 2015-04-03T07:27:03-05:002015Fri, 03 Apr 2015 07:27:03 -0500bFriday2704America/Chicago157 by corblimeyguvnor because: expanded

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: doobydoll

I think it shows polls are just an indication how a small section of the populace feel at the time the poll is taken , opinions change like the weather.

At the moment I'm not going to vote but come polling day that may change , the thought of 5 more years of Cameron's smug mug on my screen every day may force me out to the polling station , I may not like Miliband but I dislike him less than Cam moron and his bunch of millionaire mates.

Well I find it difficult to believe that half/slightly-more-than-half, of law-abiding taxed-to-death citizens in the polls are of the opinion they will vote for any of the present greedy, self-serving, corrupt, justice-dodging perverts, especially following recent revelations of cover-ups and outrageous criminality. I don't believe regular folk want them back in.

I suspect these are fake neck-and-neck polls to keep us on the edge of our seats for a nail-biting fake finale, designed to sweep us up in the excitement to convince us it was a genuine democratic election when the Tories either win or lead another coalition.

Didn't Cameron say he won't serve a third term as PM? That little slip-up confirmed to me that this election has been rigged. He already knows he's got his second term in the bag.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Mister_Bit

I didn't see Sturgeon dodge much, I thought she and the Plaid Cymry candidate were excellent. Farage seemed to be channelling the spirit of Alan Partridge, as usual. Although he managed not to get chased out of the building which is an improvement for him.
The man is a liar, pretending to be one of the people, and a working man. He's public-school educated, not a working class bone in his body. Be careful with him, he's a sleekit one.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: corblimeyguvnor

Agreed, and overseas aid reduction seems common sense also, i mean c'mon, sending aid to India so they can send probes to the moon rather than spend it on poverty ........ sheeeeeeeeeeeeesh

C'mon, everyone knows we send aid to India so so big corporations like Primark and Matalan can exploit 6 and 7 year old's in the sweat shops in order for them pesky (Government Backers) to make huge profits yet pay zero tax here..

Do we really think those £12 skinny jeans make themselves.
edit on 3-4-2015 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: beansidhe

I didn't see Sturgeon dodge much, I thought she and the Plaid Cymry candidate were excellent. Farage seemed to be channelling the spirit of Alan Partridge, as usual. Although he managed not to get chased out of the building which is an improvement for him.
The man is a liar, pretending to be one of the people, and a working man. He's public-school educated, not a working class bone in his body. Be careful with him, he's a sleekit one.

Excellent Post. ^^^^^

Yeah, Farage should stick to what he's good at..Comedy
edit on 3-4-2015 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: beansidhe

Seem as though I can't personally vote for either of them their arguments are irrelevant.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Never fear! We'll be voting SNP en masse up here in Scottishland; the last poll I heard had them winning by a landslide. Looks like they'll be taking up plenty of seats, so they'll be relevant soon enough. Whether they'll have enough influence to salvage the NHS and get rid of effing Trident is another story, but I can hope.

I might actually go to see him, he's pretty funny.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: flammadraco

I'm glad 7 parties were represented. That's democracy after all and it's not a 2 party race, despite what people think. The debate was for people from all over the UK, Scotland and Wales included. To not include their main parties is pretty much clarifying the whole point of their existence- under representation in a Westminster dominated political sphere. People think the SNP is all about Scotland and freedom from England. Its not. It's simply about fairer representation.

Nicola showed up the Eton boys for what they are. Out of touch puppets with over inflated egos and vested interests that don't serve the majority.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: daftpink
a reply to: flammadraco

I'm glad 7 parties were represented. That's democracy after all and it's not a 2 party race, despite what people think. The debate was for people from all over the UK, Scotland and Wales included. To not include their main parties is pretty much clarifying the whole point of their existence- under representation in a Westminster dominated political sphere. People think the SNP is all about Scotland and freedom from England. Its not. It's simply about fairer representation.

Nicola showed up the Eton boys for what they are. Out of touch puppets with over inflated egos and vested interests that don't serve the majority.

I think the only reason we got 7 parties this time is because both Labour and Tory are both equally awful and there WILL have to be another coalition. Whatever goverment we get will have to rely on teaming up with the Nationalist parties.

Other than that I can't see the logic to show this in England.

Well hey guys, here are your canditates to vote for BUT you can't vote for those.. only those... ok?

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Right now, Al Murray or Jeremy Clarkson seem to be the best choice, hey is that why Jezza was sacked from the BBC

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Can you imagine LOL
edit on 2015-04-03T08:36:43-05:002015Fri, 03 Apr 2015 08:36:43 -0500bFriday3604America/Chicago158 by corblimeyguvnor because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   

I agree with you there, they are equally awful!

But to say Wales and Scotland shouldn't have been there is again going back to the whole point of their under representation. So it would be better for the English if Wales and Scotland weren't included in this UK debate? Thats a poor argument. How would it be better for the Scottish and Welsh if they had been excluded from the debate on that reasoning?

Politics is diverse and has the ability to evolve. SNP and the Plaid Cymry are proving this and lets not forget the majority felt that they stood out, would have been a boring staged debate without them.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: daftpink

I agree with you there, they are equally awful!

But to say Wales and Scotland shouldn't have been there is again going back to the whole point of their under representation. So it would be better for the English if Wales and Scotland weren't included in this UK debate? Thats a poor argument. How would it be better for the Scottish and Welsh if they had been excluded from the debate on that reasoning?

Politics is diverse and has the ability to evolve. SNP and the Plaid Cymry are proving this and lets not forget the majority felt that they stood out, would have been a boring staged debate without them.

Actually I think it would be better.

This isn't a UK debate if part of the UK can't, cannot and never will be able to vote for some of the parties.

Have a seperate debate in Wales, Scotland by all means.

The SNP or Plaid representitives could've been the best thing since sliced bread with the best policies for world peace and enlightenment but what use is that if I can't vote for them?
edit on Apr491030America/ChicagoFri, 03 Apr 2015 08:49:10 -0500_6174930 by Mister_Bit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Have a separate debate with all 7 parties? Seems a bit pointless to duplicate it all really and actually to me seems to encourage segregation.
Instead of seeing it from a self centred point of view (I cant vote for them so get them out the debate) why not see it from the view of the 8 or 9 million people who DON'T live in England and are finally getting their views represented?

edit on 3/4/2015 by daftpink because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: corblimeyguvnor

Right now, Al Murray or Jeremy Clarkson seem to be the best choice, hey is that why Jezza was sacked from the BBC

Aye right, Lets replace one Arsehole with two Arseholes. Choices choices..?

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: doobydoll
The polls have Labour and Tories neck and neck. One poll will show Tories leading by a nose one day, then Labour's nose will be in front the next day. It's like an exact repeat of the run-up to last year's Scottish Yes/No vote, which I think was rigged.

I'm beginning to think this election is rigged too. And I think the Scottish vote last year was a successfully rigged test-run for this election.

We all know how government is infested with corruption, fraud, and other serious criminals and perverts, it's not beyond the realms of possibility that powerful wealthy criminals would consider rigging an election. I would say it's a very high probability.

The only way they can cover up and continue with their fraud crimes and perverted 'habits' with no consequences, is to make sure they stay in government. They have everything to gain and nothing to lose.

Of course elections are rigged - we vote using the most insecure systems ever - pencil and paper!

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I watched and thought the whole thing was OK, if not pretty predictable.

Sturgeon was very strong and I think the SNP will do really well off the back of her performance.

Cameron came across as his usual soul-less self, like a machine repeating his mantras over and over as if in an effort to brainwash.

Miliband, Clegg and Wood did not impress me too much but displayed slightly more passion than Cameron as they have little to lose I guess.

Farage was full of it yet again, this time making scapegoats out of HIV 'health tourists', but he forgot to check his facts...

A report by NAT that addresses and refutes allegations of HIV health tourism to the UK

www.nat.org.uk...

He does have a way of making you feel he is talking right to you though which I guess is the only good thing going for him.

Bennett I feel could've been more passionate and assertive, it's a shame as the policies are great. The story below is very telling, shame many people don't seem to bother checking out policies...

Greens would be party of government in 2015 if election was only voted for on policies – survey

metro.co.uk...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join