It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Thinks That We Are About To Nuke Them

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 12:45 AM
link   
...and they may be right. Sort of.

www.kcna.co.jp...

In this article from KCNA (KOREAN CENTRAL NEWS AGENCY), Dated 12/18/2004, Pyongyang makes a one-sided case against the buildup of high-tech US military forces around South Korea, citing specific examples, including B-52's and B-1's. Pyongyang claims that aerial espionage has increased dramatically, citing over 2,100 instances and specific aircraft in 2004 alone. Many more specific military buildup incidences were also included, and then the article concludes with the statement:

All these facts go to clearly prove that the U.S. loudmouthed "six-party talks" and "negotiated settlement of the nuclear issue" are nothing but a window-dressing to cover up its bellicose nature and it is, in actuality, stepping up its preparations for a nuclear war against the DPRK.

In trying to reach some kind of understanding of this, how am I supposed to view these statements from NK, in light of the fact that:
1) The White House and Powell continually reassure us and NK that they have no intentions of attacking NK
2) Proposal is on the table to NK, with no hopes of any major modifications soon, for NK to denuke, and that NK had better deal with the proposal seriously... (or else you will be punished with the military force we just assembled on your border)
3) The CIA is exploring and using false media psy-ops operations- in other words, their public statement is "We won't attack", but it was really false, and tomorrow we could awake to hear the president on tv saying "Today we have commenced attacks on another country in our axis of evil...."
4) Many would just write off the military buildup to common, everyday military exercises in the Korea region.

All these, and many more things to consider. Who to trust anymore. Enlighten me please, ATS.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Ive said it before, Ill say it again. I would be a EXPERT at dealing with Kim as I have a toddler at home. If you think of it in that context, this may just be analagous to a tantrum. The U.S. and the oh so innefective UN needs to apply a time out him.

This in all ikelyhood part of the toddler psychops on the NK governments part. They live in this fantasy world. I wonder how many actually believe the crap that his propaganda machine puts forth and how many don't

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I'm all for a vastly planned and extremely well orchestrated attack on them fully by air assets on their electrical grids, communication centers, artillery, weapons plants, munitions stations and continual aerial bombardment of their troops... If executed right there would be no need for a massive ground offensive. Let no one tell you otherwise�

This in all ikelyhood part of the toddler psychops on the NK governments part. They live in this fantasy world. I wonder how many actually believe the crap that his propaganda machine puts forth and how many don't

Agreed... I think many know that they are being lied to but are unwilling to step forward in fear.

[edit on 20-12-2004 by ChrisRT]

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I've been through the airpower versus groundpower arguement a billion times lately and I'm not going to sink into it bigtime right now. All I'm going to say is that I hope North Korea didn't get the bright idea to attack the South when we started bombing, because then we -would- need ground forces afterall. Airpower is grand, but as long as people live on the ground, that is also where they will have to be killed for the most part.

As far as dealing with North Korea- the neutron bomb, assuming it exists, would be the only way to go without spreading the materials of North Korea's nuclear program all over China.
If we didn't want to go with WMD, then I would suggest putting an extremely large force of stealth aircraft on standby over and around North Korea, provoking them to prepare for launch, and just bombing the crap out of their missiles when they uncovered them.
The problem with that plan is we'd need a missile defense as a failsafe. If we somehow missed one of the North's missiles and they blew up Tokyo we'd be in big trouble. What does a major city cost these days- especially in Japan? We're in enough budget problems without that.

In the end, Kim had better realize that the Chinese aren't going to have some tinpot jackazs on their border causing problems. He can rattle the saber and oppress his people till they all walk around looking more angry than John Gruden all the time- but if he starts a war I think the Chinese will go in and mop the floor with him just to keep America from doing it.

[edit on 20-12-2004 by The Vagabond]

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 01:29 AM
link   

I've been through the airpower versus groundpower arguement a billion times lately and I'm not going to sink into it bigtime right now. All I'm going to say is that I hope North Korea didn't get the bright idea to attack the South when we started bombing, because then we -would- need ground forces afterall. Airpower is grand, but as long as people live on the ground, that is also where they will have to be killed for the most part.

Already know the drill as I have been through it a billion and one times... A nice sized airforce can considerably deplete the enemy force though... It's as simple as that. And the ones that go into hiding will be dealt with weeks later when ground forces are finaly sent in.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisRT
Already know the drill as I have been through it a billion and one times... A nice sized airforce can considerably deplete the enemy force though... It's as simple as that. And the ones that go into hiding will be dealt with weeks later when ground forces are finaly sent in.

You might want to have a look at my Iran v America thread in Weaponry. This arguement played out at length there. Long story short- even with 2-4 months of bombing airpower only does 10-15% of the job, its very expensive, and it is completely defenseless unless it is complimented by the positioning of ground forces in the region.

That's all I'm going to say on the subject- it's not my job to defeat this vicious airpower lie that the media invented primarily for the purpose of encouraging Clinton to back away from his early policies of American ground intervention such as he ordered in Somalia.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Heh, I think it's obvious that the media has played no uninfluenced in my decision.

Anyway, where there is a will there is a way. A synchronized bombing campaign on their known bases where troops are massed initially would take out a great number of them, no? That�s what I�m about... What you are saying is relevant to taking out a destroyer with a nuke but only getting 5 or so kills. I'm saying go in for the kill. Go where the troops are mass populated and strike like hell.

Enough of this pointless nonsense. None of us are in the position to dictate how such a war would be waged and without proper figures one can only speculate.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 02:12 AM
link   
The America versus North Korea thing has been done to death. I'd really like to see China do it.

America fights the way European's box- too clean and finesse. It's not even fun to watch.

China whooping somebody's arse would be like watching the visiting fans get mobbed in a soccer riot- sad but really kind of exciting to watch somehow.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Kim Jong's scalp has been done to death... Have there been any Ivan (in its current state)-U.S.A. discussions yet?

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
I wonder how many actually believe the crap that his propaganda machine puts forth and how many don't

Well, which propaganda pie flavor would you like to have today, FredT? We got cherry red, blueberry blue, and maybe even a little vanilla white. All the colors we need to make tasty treats.

The 4 points I mention above are all a glimpse of information absorbed. I am trying to gain some understanding of the situation from a more neutral perspective, taking into account all 4 points of view. Why? Because if and when any kind of attack occurs, I'd like to be able to judge for myself what really happened from the most neutral and informed perspective that I can. ATS helps me with that. The information and psy-ops war, on the other hand, does not. Just trying to get you guys to help me see through it, not start another thread on how and when to attack NK.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Just wondering whether or not china , russia , iran , etc ... will join up if the US decides to attack Nkorea or Iran. They ^ do have interests in these countries especially after Iran and China signed that oil deal for example. And with the US currency in decline it is not good at all.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by morgion
Just wondering whether or not china , russia , iran , etc ... will join up if the US decides to attack Nkorea or Iran. They ^ do have interests in these countries especially after Iran and China signed that oil deal for example. And with the US currency in decline it is not good at all.

Things like this fluctuate. We are spending allot now to insure our physical and interests safety in the future. Things will hopefully iron out soon and things will go on. If any country where to budge I don�t think they would stand up to us face to face but rather politically and maybe, just maybe send the side they are rooting for arms and whatnot. I don�t see Russia or China actually sending in troops to face us. That would be very odd and very, very dangerous for everyone.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Well with the currency problem and the global feeling that the US is not liked due to our foreign policy , and whatnot , etc ... and the energy race it doesnt look too great atm. We have budget problems , health care problems , IOU , Outsourcing , etc ... And we spend billions to *liberate* Iraq. Maybe the *feds* are trying to reduce the debt this way ; but if people start jumping ship in stocks , bonds , currency reserves , etc ... then we got problems.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 03:53 AM
link   
We are most likely securing the region and achieve dominance over there so in the long run we have complete control of most of the world�s oil. I wonder who is going to hate us when 'they' don�t have enough fuel for their governmental motorcades and what else not...

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Yea I know but Iran has signed a deal with China for a few billion dollar contract. Wouldnt you want to protect that investment? I just get a funny feeling that everything will go sour soon. I remember in around 98 when a few companies started to hire accounting firms that would see how long it would take for you to perform a certain task. And my alloted hours for my department (retail) took a huge dive and many I know in different fields had the same problems. No hiring acceptable unless absolutely neccessary! Maybe good from a business/financial point of view ; but not for stress related , which is brought home unfortunately.

Im not any party affliate but it did seem funny that around that time the reps took control iirc. Who knows though. Sorry for being so offline of the current topic but I think it is relevant. Anyway I just get that dread feeling like I did before 9/11. Not even gonna go there though heh.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Thing is a few billion is nothing compared to what it would cost 'them' if they decided to flex a muscle at us. If they decided to send in troops that alone would cost a few billion (they don�t even really have that capability either) and do you think we would let them get their way? Afterwards we would flex the political muscle (more so then we are now) and try to make life hell for them.

If we can fulfill our plans over there then most of the countries that we do not favor will most likely in one way or another answer to us...
If this works as planned it would be the greatest military campaign in history; few thousand casualties and in the end the victor is at the steering wheel of the world economy.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Im just being pessimistic I guess. However a few billion $'s or lives would equal out in the long run IMO which is what Im bettin (not literally lol) on them doing. Well hopefully not heh. I stress this - that I am not unpatriotic - however civilazations have risen and fell and we are next IMHO. It will be China and the EU in our place. I hope this is not the case but you got to wonder with the way we conduct our society at the present time. Take a step out and look from the outside to the inside. Different points of view matters alot. IMHO we are bold , rude , arrogant , and disrespectful to others , etc ... I hate saying that cause my grandfather was a POW for 3+ years in a japenese prison camp , etc ... No grudges from me though. Maybe we have to be in regard to the current situation ; but then again who REALLY created this current situation?

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 05:12 AM
link   

however civilazations have risen and fell and we are next IMHO

True and it's also true that these are not the olden days... One cannot simply say since it happened to them it will happen to us. The world works in far different ways now than it did then. We are simply in a global depression at the moment, nothing that won�t pass in time...

It will be China and the EU in our place.

Debatable as most realistic statistics poin Japan to be 2nd to the U.S.
Also, Chinas economy if extremely fragile and there have been alot of reports lately that they will either overheat, implode or both. I expect that this China fad will pass within the next few years. read up on it...

IMHO we are bold , rude , arrogant , and disrespectful to others , etc

Good! We aren�t passive and with our ever increasing military and forth fold advances in technology we can and WILL continue to do so.

In the end when all of this BS from Iraq passes and we are firmly planted in the ME we will begin to repair our economy and go from there.

Just because Chinas economy is growing (only a small fraction of our economic worth) doesn�t mean we aren�t continuing to grow.

I'm not trying to sound like some weirdo conspirator or a mad man but this is factual information.
As soon as we get the ME and set up the planned space based weapons we basically rule the world. You have yet to see the U.S. in its fullest. Like it or no, just wait and see...

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Is it possible that the US is threatening NK by building up around it's borders? What happens when you back an animal into a corner? They attack, right? Maybe thats what the US is doing, putting pressure on NK so they do something that cause the US to attack back. This way the US looks good by not starting the fight against the North Koreans.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ycon
Is it possible that the US is threatening NK by building up around it's borders? What happens when you back an animal into a corner? They attack, right? Maybe thats what the US is doing, putting pressure on NK so they do something that cause the US to attack back. This way the US looks good by not starting the fight against the North Koreans.

Highly possible...It would be good (relatively) if they tried to nuke us so we could turn them into the world�s largest mirror instead of a long, drawn-out and costly war...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join