It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New bus ad here in Philly.......... as if there wasn't enough intolerance

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: borntowatch
The Old testament starts at Genesis and ends at Malachi.....
Deuteronomy is included in the OLD TESTAMENT
Its the Jewish book, its not the Christian teachings of Christ and doesnt contain Christian teachings. Jesus taught something else, thats why He was executed.
If you want to quote anti christian stuff, start from the Gospels to revelations, thats the christian part of the bible
Otherwise you could end up looking like a fast food mascot in front of millions.

So, in Matthew 5: 17-19, is that Christ being a fast food mascot?

5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Cuz the way I read that, Christ is standing up for the Old Testament.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: UnBreakable

When I used to attend mass, a reading from the Old Testament, as well as the Gospel of Jesus, was part of the Catholic rite of mass.

No, they still have a reading from the Old Testament at Mass.

I don't know that I have ever heard one at Mass that is one of the 'hate and kill' verses from Leviticus and such though. They tend to be about prophets speaking of the coming messiah and God's promise to his people.

Well, of course. I never heard 'hate and kill' verses either during mass. Instead they would scare us kids to death with fire and brimstone and eternal damnation images during Catechism classes. Yes, they pushed the idea of a loving and peaceful God (sarcasm off)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013
a reply to: UnBreakable

American society is so hypocritical on this issue, just as it's so hypocritical on so many others.

Yes, I know. As Ghandi said “I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.”

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
150 dead Christians over in Kenya, let's see some billboards decrying that.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: pikestaff

Scary the post saying what is wrong with the 'truth' is the one that gets the most stars so far...

This poster had no basis in truth what so ever.

All three of the big three religious books call for killing of non believer's and fellow man for acts that don't follow what the book say.

Well now Im a little confused. (im not a religious expert) First you said it was a lie, then you said its true of all the big 3 religious books? Does the "big 3" include the koran?

Maybe you meant to say that it is indeed true, but you feel it is misleading not to point out the same in Jew and Christian scriptures. Or am I just really confused and misunderstood your post entirely?

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Either way - it comes and goes in waves.

Personally, I think people are free to think whatever, believe whatever they want - until it comes to the belief that one has the right to kill another who doesn't have the same faith they do...then I've a MASSIVE problem with that.

Nice to me, nice to you. Want to kill me or my family, well don't expect a warm 'tolerant' greeting with tea and crumpets.

Meet like with like. Nice with Nice, Force with Force.

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
Sure, I get Freedom of Speech and all that, but there's already enough intolerance here without people being reminded by the transit system.

"Philadelphia Muslims Turning The Other Cheek As Anti-Islam Bus Ads Appear"

philadelphia.cbslocal.com...

How is this intolerance if it's the truth?

posted on Apr, 12 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: chuck258
How is this intolerance if it's the truth?

Because 'the truth' seems to be fuzzy...

and easier to manufacture than to distil.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join