It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When will it stop

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: mblahnikluver

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

originally posted by: MimiSia
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

awww
could it be
very very lovely

perhaps this was meant to be?
world needs good people and unusual new romance stories

Just call me Al Bundy, Married With Children, but no foot fetish LOL. I get to do a lot of "chores." Seeing the Op's pics up there now, just scary! A timing belt is about 100 bucks, same for a water pump. Last year (fall) I rebuilt a 1998 GMC 5.7 V8 pickup for less than $1200 Including paint and rust removal, a new radiator, new rear leaf spring, new tensioner, new O2 sensors, new exhaust gasket, new battery, new brakes and brake lines, new fuel line, oil change, tranny filter/fluid change, new serpentine belt and ground pulleys and new driving lights, so yeah, the OP was had something serious.

Cheers - Dave

The PT well I'd rather blow it up and toss it off a bridge!

If I am not mistaken I have 7 really good recipes (well, maybe 9, I just checked my logs) for just that and everything is available at car stores, hardware stores and grocery stores LOL.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Um yea that sounds great but I"m a 120lb female living in an apartment! lol

I'll uh bookmark this for future fuel pump issues. lol

Seriously good advice. If I could do it myself I would. I HATE paying someone else to do it because it costs too much money!

Read my next post, it may just be the alternator to fuel pump power diode.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I'm so sorry you are facing all this crap Honey. Just came in to give you a hug and let you know I'm thinking of you. Give that gorgeous little boy a hug from me too!

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Sorry you're having a rough time. If you were near Seattle I'd offer to help for baked goods and more than likely just for fun if I wasn't so busy ATM.

I get that you don't want to (or have the knowledge/resources) to fix the car, but I bet if you ask around or even post a Craigslist ad you might find someone willing to do it cheap. Those are all fast and easy to do.

Not sure if the mechanic is trying to screw you. Belts go bad even if the car isn't being driven, you should be able to easily tell. I actually think they may go out sooner when a car sits. One thing I'd recommend is calling a bunch of shops, start out with a SHORT sob story. I've gotten a number of things done on my car after asking around a bunch for WAY cheaper than I thought I would get away with.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver
sorry again of topic I am going to read it all now
but
OMG
you are soooo super cool
I hope u will do one day a thread on that one
would be so exciting to read about it!!!!
there is nothing on Internet that looks authentic if there is anything at all!!
you sound so beautifully genuine I would be like a fly on tv
sorry I don't mean to be inconsiderate or anything like that

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

can I just say
you are a hot mess but very beautiful mess

if I can say my story
my mum was 20 when she had me. we are from a country where u simply can not afford a divorce(my mum was the first one in our city and it was very frowned up on everybody gossiped about her ). my parents divorced when I was two because dad was never around. what I love (bit strong word but it is how i feel) about u is that just like my mum I don't hear you bad mouthing ur ex. my mum also pretended how my dad loved me and cared for me despite the fact he never paid her a cent and never picked me up when he was meant to. now in adulthood thanks to mum's white lies, me and him have actually a strong bond. Mums dad beated up his family so mum's mum ran to other country and left my mum alone as a 18 year old and left her an apartment and her 16 year old sister to take car of her. she walked me every morning to kindy and she walked to work until I was 8years old and we got our first bycicle. as a single parent we had almost nothing sometimes she didn't eat so I could. and every Christmas somehow she managed to get me a super awesome present?!? once we had to walk across a dark forest thingy (and I still remember this) a guy hiding in the bushes jumped on her and tried to rape her. she was like a lioness the guy squealed and ran away. we always snoozed together because she was always exhausted that was "us time".her biggest scare was when a huge heavy wardrobe fell on me when I was 3(still remember that too) the only thing she bagged my dad to do (we didn't even have a phone so she used the phone booth) was to come and screw them into the walls so they don't tip over. well one they did. luckily the corner got trapped on the corner of my bed and I had just enough space to make it. she went through few partners none of it worked out when I was 17 she met the love of her life and they are now running together one of the most successful businesses in EU and they travel the world. this is hella lame I am 28 but I still sit on her lap to get cuddles and when I come for visit home we sleep together. it was not easy she left me for 2years when i was 12 to go and find herself she gave me to my dad i hardly knew... but after everything we now share everything we are best friends now and I would not have it any other way. it made us who we are today. and god she is beautiful smart sexy and successful
you sound just like her brave and strong and commited maybe a lil frustrated right now but you sound like a very moral independend loving person and u and ur baby and ur new partner deserve the world and I believe u will have it all

sorry I did not spell check but as I know myself my thread will just disapear if I don't send it now
edit on 2-4-2015 by MimiSia because: spelling

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Mblah, can I just suggest something that could help you redirect any stresses now & be useful in the long run? And please, just consider it rather than go apesheet or yelling or something?

You obviously love your Mustang. A LOT. Now, we don't have car now, but we used to. We had a Tacoma & a Concorde, both of which I decided to help hubby work on from time to time instead of taking to a mechanic. I can't exactly rebuild a car from the bottom up at present, but I assure you, it's not that difficult. If you've ever opened up a desktop tower or a laptop & worked on those, you already have the basics of part identification down (you don't want the wrong part in a computer OR a car) I know it seems intimidating, but it's no worse than, say, changing out a part in a vacuum or lawnmower when everything's said & done.

What I'm getting at is maybe on your despised PT after both are out of shops, it would be worthwhile to get under the hood & learn the ins & outs of it so you can have an idea of how to handle any issues in the future with the Mustang. You can vent your stress at anything you're removing/installing, and at the same time, bolster your sense of independence through conquering the auto beast

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

very true I was actually vehicle phobic
some day some d... told me I will never be good with driving manuals and will only ever be able to pump petrol?!?
I learned to repear my electronics change tires change battery and so on
I still don't get the tyre pumping water changing or oil checking but I rather do it myself then ask another d....!
and I learned to enjoy it
is kinda bed ass

oh yes OP why don't you ask the new interest it sound like he would be more then willing to have a look guys like to be the heros too
I am very proud to ask for help but I don't have children
edit on 3-4-2015 by MimiSia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee

originally posted by: whyamIhere
Simple Stuff on the car....Fix it yourself (except fuel pump).

Don't let anyone dictate your ability to get around.

If you really want to show him....Get busy showing him you don't need him.

Fix it myself!!!!!!! If I could I would! I'm not a mechanic!!!!!!

My refrigerator broke a month ago, my sisters broke just a little earlier, she bought a new one, same problem, it would not get cold.

I used u-tube, looked for my brand and watched many for days and sent for a 30$ part fixed it...wow was my husband stunned!
Now days you can find step by step instructions with visuals for nearly anything!

Ok great for you but are you really comparing fixing a fridge to a fuel pump or timing belt in a CAR?!!!!!!

I am a female living in an apartment for crying out loud with a child. I am very well aware of what youtube has but I CANT FIX A DAMN CAR with no tools second it still costs for parts and said tools.

No need for the anger. I am an older woman with no experience and a 20$ set of tools I got for X-mas, I am simply saying I did something I didn't think I could, I could care less if you try the same just commenting on the subject sorry to have offended you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join