It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When will it stop

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

Your entire post was not up when I commented. Makes more sense now.

So sorry for your situation...Best of luck.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Oh yea it's been a complete demolition effect for sure!!!!

I just can't believe this with the PT! I've been calling junkyards but they won't give me anything. I was told to put it on Craigslist for $1200 and explain the issues. I honestly just want it GONE! I want my Mustang back!

Thanks TB you've always been very sweet and kinda *squishy hugs back at you*

When it rains it pours!!

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

Yea for some reason it wouldn't show but would show in the edit. See I have a black cloud over me lol

Thanks

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: MimiSia

Funny thing is tech does that to me too! I've been reads about it for as long as I can remember!

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Sorry to hear about your trouble. It seems like it keeps piling up, doesn't it? First the original problems you were writing about and then issues with posting. That can get aggravating. At least you're alive, have a healthy baby, and are rid of someone that was causing you stress. Keep your head up. The rest will get sorted out.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Double post
edit on 4/2/2015 by mblahnikluver because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

SkidMark!!!! Long time no see

Thank you! My son keeps me going that's for sure otherwise I would have fallen apart.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: mblahnikluver
I give up!!!! It won't show the entire post
edit on 4/2/2015 by mblahnikluver because: (no reason given)

This post doesn't show because you mistyped a closing [/ quote ] at the beginning.
You did it as [/[ quote ], so it looks like a fresh [ quote ], which blocks the display.

P.S. In return, perhaps you can explain why quoting you puts "Extra DIV" at the bottom of this one.
Do I want extra DIV?
It displaces my signature, whatever it is.

edit on 2-4-2015 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

I'm glad you have an anchor in your life. Kids are good for that.
Very long time no see, it seems. I miss seeing your recipes. You always have mouthwateringly good stuff.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

oh no I have not read the whole thing will do tomorrow.

Side note: ever heard about electric/electromagnetic/electronic telephaty/telekinesis ? I know I sound probably crazy but that is what it reminds me off

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
Simple Stuff on the car....Fix it yourself (except fuel pump).

Don't let anyone dictate your ability to get around.

If you really want to show him....Get busy showing him you don't need him.

Fix it myself!!!!!!! If I could I would! I'm not a mechanic!!!!!!

My refrigerator broke a month ago, my sisters broke just a little earlier, she bought a new one, same problem, it would not get cold.

I used u-tube, looked for my brand and watched many for days and sent for a 30$ part fixed it...wow was my husband stunned!
Now days you can find step by step instructions with visuals for nearly anything!

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

It's like I always say-"never buy a PT cruiser-don't even accept one as a gift." And to paraphrase Billy Connolly- " life is funny when your pants are down-and I like having my pants down."

I don't mean to make light of your situation because we've all been to dark places-but sometimes if you can make someone chuckle, smirk or even smile and forget their problems for a second then I think it's worth a try. But a P.T Cruiser? that's scraping the bottom of the barrel-A penny farthing would be more fashionable and reliable and I'd wettingly upset (read p!$$ed) myself if I was in your position.

I wish you all the best.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I know what it can be like to feel like your life is stuck in limbo and you just need to catch a break. It will turn out alright if you keep your goals in sight and are persistent and taking steps in the right direction (which it sounds like you are).

You need to be able to envision yourself once this is over - get that image burned into your sight (not literally of course), and just do whatever it takes to work toward it. Any progress is getting you closer to that dream.

“If you can't fly then run, if you can't run then walk, if you can't walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.” -Martin Luther King Jr.

Best wishes to you and your son

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

a reply to: bobs_uruncle

No illegal characters. Just more crap going wrong!!!!!

I love my Mustang. Best car I've ever had. It's a 1998, the PT I call the blue demon!

I just tried to post the part it won't show and it won't show! Ahhhhhhhh! I've used chrome and safari.

Thanks for the mechanical offer

OMG! I'm sorry to see that Chrysler has not gotten any better. My folks bought a blue Chrysler once when I was growing up, and it's why I will NEVER willingly touch a Chrysler again. We called our lemon "Old Blue." It limped along for years, but you had to simultaneously ride both the gas and the brake. It finally died when my sister was driving it. Timing chain blew.

I sympathize and suggest you avoid that make in the future. Also, learn how to replace whatever you can on the cars. We had an old Olds Omega that we'd replaced just about everything we could on by ourselves. Learned a lot.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Hey there,

First off I'm sorry for your situation I imagine it is very difficult for you right now. ATS I feel is always a good place for advice and criticism... even if we don't like what we hear.

I would see if you know anyone that knows how to fix a fuel pump and replace a battery on the Mustang. Do you happen to know anyone who works at a car parts store? Those guys are pretty car savvy and typically wouldn't charge as much as a mechanic and are usually more honest lol.

Anyway, the battery is easy and should be the very first thing you replace! A lot of times the reason why a car won't start is simply because the battery is dead. In your case that makes perfect sense because car batteries die if they sit for a long period of time. Depending on how honest your mechanic is your fuel pump may not even need replaced.

If the battery is replaced and it still doesn't work do the fuel pump. Any car savvy guy can do one in an afternoon. I can and I'm no mechanic! Both of those things should get your car running good enough to put air in the tires and take it to a tire shop which can usually put tires on in two hours or less.

Even if you go the mechanic route, there's no reason why you should be out much more than a day on the car, unless your mechanic is swamped with work.

I hope this helps.
edit on 2-4-2015 by asmall89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

It's a bloody car!!! And ultimately your responsibility. Grow Up.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: MimiSia
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

awww
could it be
very very lovely

perhaps this was meant to be?
world needs good people and unusual new romance stories

Just call me Al Bundy, Married With Children, but no foot fetish LOL. I get to do a lot of "chores." Seeing the Op's pics up there now, just scary! A timing belt is about 100 bucks, same for a water pump. Last year (fall) I rebuilt a 1998 GMC 5.7 V8 pickup for less than $1200 Including paint and rust removal, a new radiator, new rear leaf spring, new tensioner, new O2 sensors, new exhaust gasket, new battery, new brakes and brake lines, new fuel line, oil change, tranny filter/fluid change, new serpentine belt and ground pulleys and new driving lights, so yeah, the OP was had something serious.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

a reply to: whyamIhere

It needs a fuel pump!!! I can't do that and it's not going anywhere even if I had the battery and tires on it. My mechanic is working on it but money is an issue. I can make the money once I have a vehicle.

Actually, you can do it yourself.

Buy a new fuel pump.
Roll the rear end of the vehicle onto tire stands on level ground.
Brace the front wheels so they can't move.
Brace the vehicle with blocks under the frame so it can't fall.
Disconnect the battery.
NO smoking, open flames or sparks after this point.
Disconnect the hoses on the fuel tank, there should be 3 or 4 of them.
Put a pair of jacks with a board on top under the tank and raise to the fuel tank.
Undo the two strap bolts that hold the fuel tank.
Lower the fuel tank using the jacks.
Unplug the connector that goes to the sender/pump.
Using a large screwdriver, wrench and rubber mallet, twist open the sender/fuel pump assembly.
Twist/turn the sender/fuel pump until it releases, pull it out.
With the sender/fuel pump out, locate the fuel pump
Remove the hose using pliers or a screwdriver
Remove the fuel pump.
Replace the fuel pump.
Do everything backwards from here

Done this before LOL, it's an annoying job but not a hard job. Next week I may have to remove a tranny from a Case rubber wheel Backhoe and rebuilt it so we can sell it at auction working.

Standard disclaimer: Get a mechanic if you can, if you can, do at your own risk.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 4/2.2015 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I just remembered, I had a 2000 Windstar. I sold it to my uncle and it developed a fuel pump problem. And I figured it out LOL.

Under the hood there will be a fuse/wiring case with all the little dual tang fuses. There is a diode in there, usually towards the front of the case. It's normally black, not clear like the fuses, but has the same two tangs. If you can find it, remove it, sand the tangs down with a nail file (you must have one of those). Spray contact cleaner inside where it connects to the box. If you can get some, squeeze in some dielectric grease (it's special, electrically conductive and costs about $5).

ETA: The little diode passes current to the fuel pump when the alternator is running. What happens is the tangs on the diode get corroded, the corrosion is copper oxide and it acts like a capacitor so it only passes A/C current. The vehicle runs on DC, so the corrosion blocks power getting to the fuel pump. There is a relay that supplies power to the fuel pump, but it is a timed relay, it shuts off within a few seconds when starting the vehicle. So, that might be an explanation for you. My uncle actually had his mechanic change the fuel pump at a cost of about $300 and all it was, was a diode with dirty electrical connections.

Once I did that with the Windstar, it ran for another two years and then my uncle sold it (and it was all still working).

Cheers - Dave
edit on 4/2.2015 by bobs_uruncle because: the ETA

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

edit on 2-4-2015 by MimiSia because: sorry

edit on 2-4-2015 by MimiSia because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join