It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germanwings Co-Pilot Researched Suicide Methods Online

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Hi ATSers, So, now it looks like we're getting more pieces of the puzzle as to what happened in The French Alps to The Germanwings Flight that crashed last week.

From this WSJ Article, it seems Andreas (The Co Pilot) was actually looking into ways to commit suicide online and also looking into the actual workings of the cockpit door lock.

From what I'm seeing the authorities are starting to put together a rather horrifying picture of this Germanwings Employee and his long term mental state.

Just adding this new article and the info in it guys and gals. I am still very saddened by this whole affair and The Passengers and Crew of this flight are in my prayers.

Thanks for taking a look and Peace
Arjunanda.

(ARTICLE)
In the latest "revelation" after the tragic fact, moments ago the WSJ reported that Andreas Lubitz, the Germanwings co-pilot suspected of deliberately crashing an airliner into the French Alps last week, searched the internet on ways to commit suicide and on cockpit doors’ security measures, the German prosecutor in charge of the case said Thursday.

Not surprisingly these findings "back what French prosecutors have said was co-pilot Andreas Lubitz’ apparently deliberate decision on March 24 to lock Flight 9525’s more experienced pilot out of the cockpit and fly the airliner into an Alpine ridge at 400 miles an hour."

It is "not surprising" because by now it is quite clear that in their attempt to wash their hands of all responsibility, not to mention monetary and punitive liabilities, Germanwings and Lufhtansa management are doing all they can to paint Lubitz as a depressed loose cannon hell bent on committing suicide and taking out hundreds of people with him. What is not exactly clear is why Lufthansa had no protocols to screen for just this kind of behavior, which for a pilot entrusted with countless lives, should be the primary prerogative of any airline.

More from WSJ:

Investigations in the co-pilot’s personal belongings found a tablet with the browser showing that the user had searched for medical treatments and ways to commit suicide between March 16 and March 23, a week before the plane crashed, killing 150 people.

Mr. Lubitz also searched for cockpit doors and their security measures, the Düsseldorf-based German prosecutors said.

The prosecutors said Monday that Mr. Lubitz had undergone psychotherapy years ago because of suicidal tendencies, a situation experts say is hard for airlines to detect.
It is unknown if he was searching on Google, Bing or Yahoo, or just what contextual ads he was seeing, because one would think that "crashing into a mountain" should hardly rank at the top of any search quietly seeking answers on the "best ways to commit suicide" for a majority of the population.

That said, one would think that with ever more of the entire US airforce now on remote control, there should be a way to override pilot control remotely for commercial airliners as well, especially if their pilots are unresponsive, have locked themselves out and are intent on taking as many innocent people with them.

www.zerohedge.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">www.zerohedge.com... ermanwings-co-pilot-researched-suicide-methods-online

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Good for him..

I don't call this suicide.

I call it for what it is.. MASS MURDER.

Frankly, it would have been much easier if it was just a suicide. Just him, nobody else.

edit on 2-4-2015 by bullcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: bullcat
Good for him..

I don't call this suicide.

I call it for what it is.. MASS MURDER.

Frankly, it would have been much easier if it was just a suicide. Just him, nobody else.

Agree, it was mass murder. What is really stupid about this is that there are so many ways to have a quiet painless death and the instructions are on the internet. I won't say what they are because it's against TOC (I found out before LOL). Wish to God he had of taken that simple route, rather than taking a ~150 innocent people with him. When you think about it, he must have been narcissistic, because doing it by taking out a raft of people with you, he probably thought he would be remembered, at least in infamy.

I say remember the people who were killed by this turds actions and wipe the turds name from all the books and internet.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
You're so right on that Dave, A Few PILLS AND A BOTTLE OF BOOZE WOULD HAVE DONE THE TRICK AND ALL THE POOR SOULS ON THE PLANE WOULDN'T HAVE HAD TO BEEN PART OF HIS SICK GAME. GOOD REPLY AND A STAR
ARJUNANDA. a reply to: bobs_uruncle

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Apparently he wasn't a very well trained pilot, as NBC was saying he also was researching how the door locks worked on the airplane.

Pilots have to know how every system on the planes they fly work. My Scoutmaster was a flight engineer for 747's and showed us the book he was tested on. He had to know every system and how to troubleshoot a whole slew of potential problems.

Apparently this guy wasn't quite sure how the three-way switch to lock the door worked. Pilots are trained on how to use this, and even practice emergency procedures.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Apparently he wasn't a very well trained pilot, as NBC was saying he also was researching how the door locks worked on the airplane.

Pilots have to know how every system on the planes they fly work. My Scoutmaster was a flight engineer for 747's and showed us the book he was tested on. He had to know every system and how to troubleshoot a whole slew of potential problems.

Apparently this guy wasn't quite sure how the three-way switch to lock the door worked. Pilots are trained on how to use this, and even practice emergency procedures.

That is a very good point, he has only been flying commercial jets since 2013 was it and he doesn't even understand how to open and close the door of his OFFICE?

Really?

Pilots should know entry and exit protocols as second nature.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: arjunanda

What a selfish @hole if true.

The case appeared to have been solved rather quickly for me , but that might be because how the US does things versus in other countries.

By any chance in his online history did they also discover his searches for how Awesome the A320 is and how the A320 has never experienced any malfunctions .

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I don't think a man who worked in the cockpit of the A320 would need to go online to find out how the door locks worked. This is just more demonization, and it's very transparent.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: bullcat

When I heard that I went, "Whaaaa?"

The door switch has THREE positions, it's not complicated. He would have gone through training drills and been taught how to override the lock from the outside. After 9/11 all commercial pilots are very aware of the cockpit door.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: starviego

That's why it caught my eye. The man would be very familiar with how the door locks worked, as they're used on nearly every flight. I mean, someone usually always has to go to the bathroom, right?
edit on 2-4-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Selfish, indeed! If we do have to account for our sins after our death, this guy has a 149 innocent souls he has to account for! Making a name for himself as being a selfish bast@rd and a murderer is not a legacy anyone with any sense of compassion and morality would even contemplate.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
This sounds more and more like a cover-up for something else more terrifying than a suicide mission by one depressed soul who was so tormented and felt that he had to take others with him (which was pre-meditated if these searches are to be believed). I hope the 2nd black box sheds light on or reveals something that was not apparent on the CVR data that would suggest just how diabolical his planned mission was and from that are able to learn and take preventative measures so it never happens again.

Question, why is the FDR buried and burnt when the CVR was damaged but usable and they come from essentially the same area of the fuselage?

As the poster above said, searches for medication, how to commit suicide and finally how the cockpit door works, that last one would have been in his training would it not and second nature?

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: whatnext21
This sounds more and more like a cover-up for something else more terrifying than a suicide mission by one depressed soul who was so tormented and felt that he had to take others with him (which was pre-meditated if these searches are to be believed). I hope the 2nd black box sheds light on or reveals something that was not apparent on the CVR data that would suggest just how diabolical his planned mission was and from that are able to learn and take preventative measures so it never happens again.

Question, why is the FDR buried and burnt when the CVR was damaged but usable and they come from essentially the same area of the fuselage?

As the poster above said, searches for medication, how to commit suicide and finally how the cockpit door works, that last one would have been in his training would it not and second nature?

The second recorder was found, the FDR.

www.latimes.com...

Google found it in fractions of seconds.

edit on 2-4-2015 by bullcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Are you implying that I didn't know the second box was found with your reply? I was asking why it (FDR) was buried and burnt when they found it because it comes from the same area of the fuselage that the first one (CVR) did. And that hopefully it might provide answers to other questions or confirm the data from the CVR.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   
This story is getting weirder and weirder and weirder...
I bet the FDR totally confirms the story that french prosector told on Day 2, what a nice coincidence

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
How convenient that he allegedly researched "suicide" and a GOD DAMN door locking system he would have known LIKE THE BACK OF HIS HAND!

It's like they're taking the piss with this 'evidence' to see how gullible people are.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Something ain't right here,or maybe I'm just too sceptical of everything.

(post by Conspiracytruths removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 04:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: whatnext21

Are you implying that I didn't know the second box was found with your reply? I was asking why it (FDR) was buried and burnt when they found it because it comes from the same area of the fuselage that the first one (CVR) did. And that hopefully it might provide answers to other questions or confirm the data from the CVR.

Buried... well perhaps hitting the Alps at 500 Kph does that

Burnt.. well, burning jet fuel does that no?

Why not the same location? Perhaps physical impact forces causing it to be thrown over a wide area with the rest of plane and bodies?

Those are common simple sense reasons I can think off right now. Occam's Razor no?

If you want to feel what that kind of force feels like, imagine driving down the road at 90 kph, and then hitting another car head on at 90 kph, that doesn't even come CLOSE to the forces they felt on the airplane impact.

Next time you are flying and landing, that is quite a high speed but not as high as the impact on this event, look out the window and imagine if you came to a dead stop instantly. That isn't even close to what forces are felt here.

edit on 3-4-2015 by bullcat because: (no reason given)

top topics

join