It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

"The Agency", come on in! Join the IRCSARFS!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 08:13 AM
The weather is bad, I'm bored and on sort of on a forced vacation, so this is my suggestion, to an "Interactive Roleplaying Coop Super Awesome Remote Fiction Story" From here on known as IRCSARFS, also the name of the Agency "International, Remote-Caretaking-Sourcerers And Realists For Salvation"

I'll tell you how i imagine it should work (open for suggestions) in the following order
1. The world
2. the system (dice, etc)
3. how to create your character
4. The introduction (as example, I'll introduce mine)

1. Earth, December 2020

The great war is over now, for almost two years. It didn't last long, but it had been more destructive than all the hundreds of years of war before combined. People thought "they" wouldn't use nukes or H-bombs, but they did. Ruins and clean-dried bones covered in thick, sticky layers of dust is all that's left from the formerly so glorious human civilisation.
In order to use every possible advantage to destroy their enemies entirely, all four sides had even used magic, playing with ancient forces and rites, which better should have remained untouched from these impure souls. Since "they" didn't know what they were plaing with the outcome was equally chaotic. An arcane mishap, they called it, when suddenly all hell broke loose. Some machines started to act on their own, as if they had been given the present of live and free will. Weird creatures surfaced from all possible and impossible places, as if the realms of Phantasy have merged with those of Reality.
To make things even worse stories circle through the last few remaining means of communication, humanity is clinging to, that there are Alien forces using the weakness, or lack of all gouvernment and organisation, to round up every settlement they can find and take them of to "somewhere". Some think they are helping, others say they are cruel and vicious.

2. the system

For simplicity a lot of this will be like the Arkham Horror rules, mostly D6 and:
You will get 10 points of Stamina/Sanity, you can split however you like, f.e.: Stamina8/2Sanity, or 5/5, or 4/6, etc.
If you reach 0 Stamina, you die, meaning you're entirely dead. If you reach 0 Sanity, you might as well kill your character, because nobody will believe him/her anymore, no matter what you say.
However you have almost unlimited moving points, if you find an explanation, that is sound. Talk your way through, explain it to me and if I/(hopefully) the group buys it and finds no logical mistakes, you can get away with everything.
Besides that you get helpfull items, f.e.: my Laptop has an inbuilt AI, giving me infinite Lore. You could have a little brain in a glass as a lucky helper and get 20 extra dice once per encounter. Or whatever you want, maybe I'll make tiny corrections, but in general feel free to make up whatever you feel could be usefull.
For every Check, you get at least one dice, 4,5,6 is a hit 1,2,3 a miss, i will role here: wizards with the according number of D6's to your ability and snip and upload it for everyone to see. Since ability=0=1d6, ability=1=2d6 and so on.

3. How to create your character

This will be Level based, naturely everybody, but me starts on Level 1. On Level 1 the total sum of your abilties has to be 0.

Warrior - / + Scholars
Speed from -6, to 0 / 0, to +6 Awareness
Luck / Lore
toughness / creativity
Craft / Logic
attractiveness / charm
Regeneration / Faith

For example, my character has
Speed/Awareness: +4,
Luck/Lore: -3,
toughness/creativity: +1,
craft/logic: -5,
attractiveness/charm: -3,
Regeneration/Faith: +6
Stamina 3/ Sanity 7

My special item is my Laptop, with AI, giving me infinite dice on Lorechecks. Also I am head of "the Agency", but on Level 1, you cant have mignons, or companions, or servants, yet. There is no money anymore, so if you want to find something you will have to look for it, build it yourself, or win it in a battle.

4. The introduction

Make sure your character introduction includes, (besides telling a nice story):

1. your name
  2. location
  3. age
  4. species
  5. gender
  6. attributes
  7. personal item

I am Sarah Sawazhi, currently living in Hawaii, after my husband, an unknown, but very important banker died, I took all my remaining ressources and contacts and built the Agency. I am an ordinary human female, already 56 years old, I look younger, a classy tall blonde, but all the responsibility is starting to show. I fight almost as much time per day against the chaos devouring Earth like against my crinkles. I am an absolute leader, after I was merely arm candy for so many years, I am concentrating as much power on my self as possible. And i enjoy it. That's all you need to know, about me.

If you wrote and posted your introduction, please also answer the following scenario:
A courier from the Agency has found you, allthough this seems almost impossible they seem to know where and who you are. The dust-covered half motorcycle half Android messenger says to you:
"This is a letter, from the Agency, if you accept it, I also have this box for you. But you need to sign here first."
The display he shows you is almost entirely blank. You see only a black line with the words "irredeemable bond" in small print beneath it. But also the big full-metal box glooming in the sun behind him. What do you do?

edit on 2-4-2015 by Peeple because: oopsy

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 01:08 PM
a reply to: Peeple

That looks like an interesting game. I was going to give you a link for a dice roller until I saw that you have the very one I was going to post. I do have one question, how would we play it here?

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 01:28 PM
a reply to: Skid Mark

Text adventure, basically. If you introduce yourself, I will, depending on your character, give you an inidvidual task, with riddles, locations and secret PMs, if needed. So from your short story, I will give you a quest, not just with one, but with a few steps ahead, so you can tell me how you decided, what you did on each step, before we "close a chapter".

I could give you an example, but I don't want to spoil the story... So why not just draw a character, for starters, you can kill it and create a new one, if you feel like it later on?

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 01:39 PM

Sounds like it would work fine. Using Pm is a good idea.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 02:11 PM
a reply to: Skid Mark

Maybe I should explain a bit more:
Saul, a former acountant, is on it's way from the center of Istanbul to the Bosporus to catch a boat.
He writes:
Always aware of my surroundings I kept my warnbot on alert while I managed to climb the ruins of this once so beautiful and filled with life city.
(If he had a previous riddle he would answer this also text based, and story bound like: ) In the remains of an old bookshop I found the book of Thot, so my ultimate destination has to be the moon, but how will I get there?
(If he has met people he is almost entirely free to interact or not, as long as it fits the corner points I set him up with, like: Nina 12 year old orphane, holding a blanket and asking him to help) My heart almost broke, when I left her standing there all by herself. The only thing I could do was to give her my knife and my rope, maybe she will be able to feed herself.

Now I would respond:
Your alert rang of, did you fight?
The moon hangs heavily in the night skies as you reach the empty docks. This surely has to be the right place, but maybe you got the wrong day? The thought of Nina is haunting you, but you know you did the right thing, you couldn't take care of a little child, you can barely take care of yourself! You look up to the moon and you're sure you see her face on it as clear as a picture. You have to go back and find her!
But be carefull, you can't take too long, or the boat will leave without you. (Etc. whatever else is going on, maybe Saul is building something on the side, mixing herbs, or something...)

Then you would, let me know fight or not, what you do to find her and come back in time, what the status on your other projects is, and I would come back and tell you:
With your rifle(+6) and your awareness(long range weapon, melee would be toughness) you can shoot three times, before the Vampire(hit-points 4, Stamina damage 3, sanity 1) will reach you. Sou you need to hit 4 times, but a six is always a double. So you roll and get a 6, a 5 and a 4, you killed the bastard in your first round and get a bigger and better award, like a shiny new pair of boots with magical powers, giving you bonus on one of your attributes, and a leather belt and medicine and ..., you can choose what you want to take with you, or will have to describe how you transport your stuff)
If you would have missed and survived the attack, the vampire and you just split ways, with the damage, but without the prey.

I hope this explains a bit more, what i have in mind?
edit on 2-4-2015 by Peeple because: smiley

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 02:39 PM
I'm totally in!

Gotta have some time to come up with it all though. Normally wouldn't say anything until I had it sorted, but wanted to make sure you knew there was interest!

Two quick questions, are there crits? And can something like species be left unknown while still worked into the story?
edit on 2-4-2015 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 02:44 PM
I'm waiting for the OMEGA Agency to give me a call.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 12:45 AM
a reply to: Serdgiam

When you have a weapon built, or work on mastering an ability that allows you to do crits, sure.
The same goes for your species, if you can write it in a way that's creative and/or funny and/or plausible, you can do whatever you wish.
I am planning to keep it individual, but maybe there are more than two, or one players and they want to join, we could also do that. Or some join the agency others don't then we would have to be more secretive and you could try to sabotage eachother, or fight, when you meet.

a reply to: cavtrooper7

Well you will not only have to wait, but also need to be lucky. There are only a few cell phones still cooperative with humans.
It was actually at a OMEGA-Crowley orgy when the minor arcane mishap occured. Some say one of the little boys died during their "meeting" and his pure soul was so strong he cursed them with his last breathe. But because there was already a full war going on, he also doomed everybody else. Without knowing what they did, they wiped out the "golden blood line", we can only speculate, but gold is known to be the metall of gods, so maybe it means he was a half-alien, or half-god. Rational would be to say Aliens but Hermes has been seen wandering around in San Francisco, so maybe it is more literal "gods" than we would like to admit.
edit on 3-4-2015 by Peeple because: add

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 11:25 AM

This is very good! S and F for You!!

edit on 11-4-2015 by SyxPak because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 11:49 AM
a reply to: SyxPak

Come on! don't s&f me. play with me.
You would make an awesome funny character, i can tell from your stories. together we would make them all want to join in this crazy legendary faboulesque adventure we could fabricate.
Come on: join the agency! We want you. It's for humanity.

I'll use this opportunity for:
Another teaser:
I only have 72 minutes to get this vital information out. My name is Collin,, as was my father and my grandfather. Long before this minor arcane mishap took place i felt like i was not only living my own life, but that of many others before me, as if we share a time bubble. Voices and unasked for information flooded my head this one night when i couldn't sleep and was hushing up and down the stairs in my house, moaning like a ghost from the headache the overload on information gave me.
"Make it stop! Just let it end!" I yelled while an overwhelming darkness was washing over me, instantly. As I woke up I found myself in a deserted cabin in the strangest woods, i have ever seen. Long thin green fragile flowers, with ends drawn to the ground from the heavy wooden fruits they wore like blossoms.
This is the only way I can broadcast my information, but it is vital for our reality, that somebody frees me! I am trapped, here the map i found on the tablet, prepared as if it was waiting for me. As far as i can tell i am right here,

south-west to the Marian Mountains.
A dark presence keeps forcing me to play all kind of weird video games, i have never heard of before. At many occasions, it feels like i can sense the thoughts of the characters and their suffering, while I steer them through mind-blowingly boring and endless repititions of the same level over and over. It is like Postal, without humour.
This seems to be an alternative, almost mirrored reality and if someone reads this and has the means to do so, please:
Free me!
edit on 11-4-2015 by Peeple because: add

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 12:40 PM

Ok. I'll give you a non comitted commital. That means I wil think about this some more!! LOL!!!
First, I have to try to be normal. Well I cut off all my face hair and now
I look maybe younger, but geekier too. LOL!!! I saved My mustache, but the rest went bye bye. LMAO!!!
I was going for a gotee, but I goated it all too much. LMFAO!!! Hmmm. Maybe a pic later of it... Have to let My hair dry first...
Ahh well FGu Ck!! Now what?! Dammit anyway.... Grrrrrr!!!!

Oh and Peep? What is Her cup size?!!!!????!?!?!?
edit on 11-4-2015 by SyxPak because: I did a boo boo...

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 01:16 PM
Okay. I'm going to create a character. I was busy when you first posted this, so I missed out. Glad you linked it in the secret society seeker's thread. I'll pm you when I'm done. Sounds like a good time.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 01:18 PM

As Sarah Sawazhi read how some SyxPak questioned her recruitment agents about her cup size, she was reminded of how much fun she had, back in the days when she was still riding daily. Even though she never sat on a horse in her entire life.
That's one of the many sports she wasn't able to do anymore, due to the abnormous, huge implants she had made as an attempt to please her lost husband, may god have mercy with his perverted soul.
She was used to have always about a third of her vision occupied by her upper chest, when she was looking down.
"This SyxPak seems to be just what the agency and i need." She told her agents to say. "But let him know: I first want to see the monumental facial hair dress he has advertised in his very imprudent post."

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 01:30 PM

Ok. In these pics, if it looks like I am stoned, I am. So it's not your eyes! LMAO!!!

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 01:59 PM
a reply to: the owlbear

A carnival of follies for fools! Step in!

"What a man." Sarah Sawazhi got her usual ambigious expression back in no time, in her normal tone she added:
"Before you sent one of the C-51 couriers out to him, I want to add something special to his welcom gadget case."
Sir, I am not entiteld to add this and it might bring me in severe danger if she ever finds out, but i have to warn you! This is not the kind of woman anymore to play games with. If you do indeed want to join the agency, she will have an extra eye on you and let's just say in the past people she had an eye on where never seen again by any eyes afterwards.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 06:53 PM

Tell Sarah come on! I will have an eye on Her too,
for the duration of Inspections! And then some!
Bring It!

posted on Apr, 13 2015 @ 11:56 PM

Where are you? I can also help with the characters, if there is a problem in my sytem somewhere?
Come on let's play, would be super fun.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 02:33 PM

I'm in. Post or PM character?

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 04:24 PM

Speed/Awareness: +3
Luck/Lore: -2
Toughness/Creativity: +1
Craft/Logic: +2
Regeneration/Faith: -4
Stamina: 6 / Sanity: 4

The name!me is Hunter. I'm not quite sure where I am, but I know it isn't home. The humans call it, Earth. The country, North America, for now. I'm very wise for my human age, a quarter of a century, but I'm afraid the pain is starting to show. They say I'm human, I don't believe them. I have no gender specification. They even go to lengths I thought unimaginable, portraying me as a "man." To the human, I have long shaggy brown hair. Pictures exist to prove my natural blonde hair. What they consider crystal clear blue eyes. Plus, a sort of stigmata on my left eye. I don't know how these thoughts come about, one day I just started remembering. Some days, the thoughts get so unbareable, all I can do is cry. The memories of my human childhood should be forgotten, for nothing but negativity dwell within those memories. My personal item is the ring of knowledge. For every infinite role of the dice the "leader of the Agency" deals, add +5 sanity to my character. As for the box, I wish to speak to the leader about it's contents.

posted on May, 26 2015 @ 06:47 PM
As of this "mythical box" ?

top topics

<<   2 >>