It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Easter Weekend Blood Moon/Total Lunar Eclipse Tetrad Over U.S. = Eerie Biblical Message

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: BlueMule
a reply to: IAMTAT

If it does, then it is such a regular occurrence that it can't be used as a sign.

No, the sun going dark either means to see it go dark in the sky, or it's a mystical metaphor.

👣

The biblical quote actually says "The sun shall be turned into darkness..."In ancient understanding...that could translate into meaning the sun has moved to the far side of the earth...i.e. the event will happen at night.

I think that's an extreme stretch.

👣

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: SirKonstantin

Hey Buddy,

I think this is great, very kool. I have missed the First two Blood Moons on account that I have no clue of the time frame ( 1am-3am?) of when the Blood Moon will be visible for me. I am not great at understanding this and would appreciate anyone's help.

So my Question...and Favor is, When is the appropriate Time to witness the Blood Moon?
I live:
((West Palm Beach, Florida)USA)

Thank you.

Florida? 3 hours ahead PST, I think.

The action begins at 3:16 a.m. PST on the morning of April 4 when the edge of the moon first enters the amber core of Earth’s shadow.
For the next hour and 45 minutes, Earth’s shadow will move across the lunar disk, ultimately covering the entire moon at 4:58 a.m. PST.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   

If it does, then it is such a regular occurrence that it can't be used as a sign.

No, the sun going dark either means to see it go dark in the sky, or it's a mystical metaphor.

👣

The biblical quote actually says "The sun shall be turned into darkness..."In ancient understanding...that could translate into meaning the sun has moved to the far side of the earth...i.e. the event will happen at night.

👣

Possibly, but back in the day, ancients believed that the Sun turned around (orbited) the earth.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: grandmakdw
I don't know how anyone who reads widely can't already know about both the astrological event and the significance it holds for Christians and Jews.

When this has happened in the past, every time it happened in the past. Great historical changes took place shortly thereafter.

Great, historical things happen every year, throughout the year. It is easy to place significance on this event by highlighting a few things throughout history that happened around said event.

So you don't even have to be a Christian or Jew,
you can be someone who thinks there is something to
astrology.

No, I'm pretty sure you have to be a Christian or Jew to believe Christian or Jewish prophecy. Though astrology is also suspect.

It is possible that it is coincidence that great historically significant events took place after one of these, but it is interesting for those of you who don't know about it to learn something.

Religion is all about placing undo importance on coincidences and unlikely events.

I think we should consider that as a result of enlightenment and Greek materialism, among other things, we have a very specific perspective on reality. We often look back at the ancient studies and see them as immature, or uneducated. But we all know the victor writes history and Alexandria burned with all its wisdom. Heliocentrism was discovered 1000 years before it was rediscovered. My point is, you really have to understand an ancient science or art before you throw dirt on it. As a practicing alchemist I must say that there is more truth in that then chemistry can ever desire to have. We have lost an imamate connection with our universe, one that has diluted our senses and our reasoning. We view matter as seperate. This view created ignorance to the possibility that human behavior is guided by the actions of the celestial objects. The moon pulls billions of tons of water back and forth twice a day. And you think that 200 pounds of flesh isn't perturbed by this in some way? There is a magic out there. But it is only magic because it is in fact a science higher then our current understanding. The belief that the universe has many effects on us that we are unaware of his common sense, not hocus pocus.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I have seen the reference to the sun growing darker in several other threads. Apparently scientists have shown the sun is actually a certain percentage darker (less bright) than it was in the past.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

True the archaic meaning of things is often mis interpreted
... Say a super volcano erupted it would "Turn the Sun dark" or if there was a major Earth upheaval then "The stars fell from their places" may have been used to explain such an event ...

I do not know if this but true but it still stands as an example of how peoples explained what they did not know by things they knew ... the example being the first sighting a plane by peoples who had never seen one "An Iron bird roared through the sky"

Also this way of putting things into words is a poetic device ...

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

👣

👣

Possibly, but back in the day, ancients believed that the Sun turned around (orbited) the earth.

👣

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Krazyshot
This is a conspiracy site, these are the things we talk about and some are interested in.
If its not for you, run along and play with your own toys somewhere else.
Sheesh, guess you would have a forum where only you decide whats important to you.
Hey I got it, go start your own forum.
I will see you there, promise (fingers crossed)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I saw a blood moon last year, or was it 2013?? I like seeing them, it creeps out the not so wise folk, and that entertains me.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThisisLogos
I think we should consider that as a result of enlightenment and Greek materialism, among other things, we have a very specific perspective on reality. We often look back at the ancient studies and see them as immature, or uneducated. But we all know the victor writes history and Alexandria burned with all its wisdom. Heliocentrism was discovered 1000 years before it was rediscovered. My point is, you really have to understand an ancient science or art before you throw dirt on it.

Are you attempting an appeal to tradition fallacy here?

As a practicing alchemist I must say that there is more truth in that then chemistry can ever desire to have.

As a follower of science, I can say that alchemy is complete bunk. Saying that alchemy is more true than chemistry is laughable. We are using chemistry to prove the origin of life. Heck, we even use chemistry to perform reactions that duplicate things that alchemists have attempted. It is through chemistry that we have learned to understand the atomic makeup of lead and gold and what would need to happen to convert one into the other.

We have lost an imamate connection with our universe, one that has diluted our senses and our reasoning. We view matter as seperate. This view created ignorance to the possibility that human behavior is guided by the actions of the celestial objects.

Such views arose from people not understanding how the universe works. We know better now. Those views were wrong. Celestial objects don't dictate how humans will behave in any way, shape, or form.

The moon pulls billions of tons of water back and forth twice a day. And you think that 200 pounds of flesh isn't perturbed by this in some way? There is a magic out there. But it is only magic because it is in fact a science higher then our current understanding. The belief that the universe has many effects on us that we are unaware of his common sense, not hocus pocus.

It isn't common sense, it's just an appeal to tradition fallacy. "Whelp, it's ancient knowledge, therefore there MUST be some truth to it." That is some silly reasoning because the ancients understood less about the universe than we do.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: borntowatch

Quote me where I said he wasn't allowed to post anything please. Until then stop putting words in my mouth.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

Agreed. Notice how I alluded to earth still being around, and not man. Our species will be long gone 5 billion years from now.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Hey Buddy,

I think this is great, very kool. I have missed the First two Blood Moons on account that I have no clue of the time frame ( 1am-3am?) of when the Blood Moon will be visible for me. I am not great at understanding this and would appreciate anyone's help.

So my Question...and Favor is, When is the appropriate Time to witness the Blood Moon?
I live:

Thank you.

From around 12:15-2:00 am EST.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   

I think we should consider that as a result of enlightenment and Greek materialism, among other things, we have a very specific perspective on reality. We often look back at the ancient studies and see them as immature, or uneducated. But we all know the victor writes history and Alexandria burned with all its wisdom. Heliocentrism was discovered 1000 years before it was rediscovered. My point is, you really have to understand an ancient science or art before you throw dirt on it.

As a practicing alchemist I must say that there is more truth in that then chemistry can ever desire to have.

As a follower of science, I can say that alchemy is complete bunk. Saying that alchemy is more true than chemistry is laughable. We are using chemistry to prove the origin of life. Heck, we even use chemistry to perform reactions that duplicate things that alchemists have attempted. It is through chemistry that we have learned to understand the atomic makeup of lead and gold and what would need to happen to convert one into the other.

We have lost an imamate connection with our universe, one that has diluted our senses and our reasoning. We view matter as seperate. This view created ignorance to the possibility that human behavior is guided by the actions of the celestial objects.

Such views arose from people not understanding how the universe works. We know better now. Those views were wrong. Celestial objects don't dictate how humans will behave in any way, shape, or form.

The moon pulls billions of tons of water back and forth twice a day. And you think that 200 pounds of flesh isn't perturbed by this in some way? There is a magic out there. But it is only magic because it is in fact a science higher then our current understanding. The belief that the universe has many effects on us that we are unaware of his common sense, not hocus pocus.

It isn't common sense, it's just an appeal to tradition fallacy. "Whelp, it's ancient knowledge, therefore there MUST be some truth to it." That is some silly reasoning because the ancients understood less about the universe than we do.

1. Why is alchemy bunk? Please explain
2.Explain to me how the ancients know less. Not by listing off modern achievements but by comparing actual information from both sides. I did say that heliocentrism was discovered by the ancient long before it was rediscovered.
3. The electromagnetic field of the earth has incredible effects on people. The sun nourishes all life and can burn our skin from 93 million miles away. So radio waves from Saturn couldn't possibly have an effect? Just because the language was different back then doesn't make it less true. Its quite possibly the rhetoric was different and not the intrinsic message. In the beginning god spoke the word. Word=sound=vibration=waves=quantum perspective on nature of universe. I may be reaching on the last one but I think not. You don't always move forward when you move forward. Sometimes we run with the wrong ideas which puts us farther behind.
4. I hold no allegiances to any idea. I'm just skeptical about our very unskeptical view of modern reality. Ironic isn't it? That a citizen of our society prides itself on skepticism only to be critical of the things it does not believe in...

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   

a reply to: borntowatch

Quote me where I said he wasn't allowed to post anything please. Until then stop putting words in my mouth.

I never said you said others couldnt post anything stop putting words in my mouth.

Amazing the hypocrisy

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Because you can't turn lead into gold without atomic level manipulation. Also, alchemy is the ancestor to chemistry. All the things that turned out to be real in regards to alchemy became chemistry when we better understood why that worked.

2.Explain to me how the ancients know less. Not by listing off modern achievements but by comparing actual information from both sides. I did say that heliocentrism was discovered by the ancient long before it was rediscovered.

I'm not discounting what the ancients did know. I just said that they knew less about the universe than we do. The ancients didn't know about exo-planets or even the complete makeup of our solar system. The ancients didn't know about evolution despite knowing how to manipulate it with selective breeding. The ancients couldn't harness either AC or DC current. I can keep going on. Just because certain knowledge that was exceptional was discovered by the ancients doesn't mean they knew more than we did. Alexandria may have had tons of books we'll never be able to read, but there is no objective evidence to suggest that the library contained anything that scientists don't know today.

3. The electromagnetic field of the earth has incredible effects on people. The sun nourishes all life and can burn our skin from 93 million miles away. So radio waves from Saturn couldn't possibly have an effect? Just because the language was different back then doesn't make it less true. Its quite possibly the rhetoric was different and not the intrinsic message. In the beginning god spoke the word. Word=sound=vibration=waves=quantum perspective on nature of universe. I may be reaching on the last one but I think not. You don't always move forward when you move forward. Sometimes we run with the wrong ideas which puts us farther behind.

The reason the sun burns your skin from so far away is because of the radiation it produces called light. Saturn doesn't emit radiation. And the radiation that stars that aren't our sun emit is too deluded due to the inverse square law when it gets to us. The sun is also MANY times larger than Saturn.

4. I hold no allegiances to any idea. I'm just skeptical about our very unskeptical view of modern reality. Ironic isn't it? That a citizen of our society prides itself on skepticism only to be critical of the things it does not believe in...

Most people these days don't understand what it means to be skeptical of things. A skeptic doesn't just deny things because they may be proven wrong at a future date. A skeptic wants the most evidence for an idea as possible before signing off on it being real. Science only deals in evidence. All ancient beliefs are just assumptions of ancient man designed to explain our universe. There is no evidence to suggest any of them are right and being skeptical of science so that you can push one of these ancient beliefs as valid isn't being open minded nor properly skeptical.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

Hey Buddy,

I live:

Thank you.

From around 12:15-2:00 am E .

In North America, skywatchers located in western Canada and the United States should have a great view of the eclipse, which will start at around 7:45 a.m. EST (4:45 a.m. PST, 1245 GMT), when the Earth's shadow begins to creep across the lunar disk.

est is 3 hours ahead of pst.
www.space.com...[editb y]edit on 4 2 2015 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

👣

👣

Damn ya, Mule...ya keep makin' me have to think...tryin' to eat my fruit loops here. : )

Okay, speaking in astronomical alignment terms...and as long as our solar system is still not 'binary'...

It should not be possible to witness from the same place and time on earth, BOTH a lunar AND solar eclipse.

THAT would indicate that, according to the scriptural text, as the blood moon was occurring, the sun would not be able to be witnessed in eclipse from the same place and time, but would have "turned into darkness" in terms of the event occurring at night.

PHAGE or JIM OBERG may be able to correct me on this.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Alchemy is not bunk to practitioners. To those that believe leeches can cure a myriad of maladies, more power to them.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

edit on 2-4-2015 by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join