It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No, Really, Monsanto Has a "Discredit Bureau"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 07:34 AM
link   
No, Really, Monsanto Has a "Discredit Bureau"

Monsanto’s “Discredit Bureau” Really Does Exist

Since they hold more capital than Lucifer, it stands to reason they would have a propaganda wing that disseminates information and decimates those who stand in the way. Snippets of proof have surfaced before. Although shrouded in secrecy, this time someone from the company got a little too gleeful at the thought of "debunking" naysayers whether they be scientists, activists, bloggers or you.

DailyKos writer occupystephanie explains that she recently attended a talk by a Monsanto employee/representative who spoke to eager-to-work agricultural students about new RNA projects. When he talked of efforts to educate the public about the inherent goodness of the products, a student asked how Monsanto deals with the pesky, not-so-thrilled, non-GMO-ers.

She writes (emphasis hers):

One student asked what Monsanto was doing to counter the “bad science” around their work. Dr. Moar, perhaps forgetting that this was a public event, then revealed that Monsanto indeed had “an entire department” (waving his arm for emphasis) dedicated to “debunking” science which disagreed with theirs. As far as I know this is the first time that a Monsanto functionary has publically admitted that they have such an entity which brings their immense political and financial weight to bear on scientists who dare to publish against them. The Discredit Bureau will not be found on their official website.

Spin doctors have been weaving webs under the guise of science for nearly a century that we know of in the U.S. But recent examples show that deception-for-profit has been perfected since then.

"Debunking science that disagrees with theirs?" That's no longer science, that's just PR.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

Whaaaaaat? A company has people who's job it is to debate claims on controversial practices? How crazy is that?!?

Side note: when something is debunked here on ATS, is it just PR for "the other side?"

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
sounds like scientology.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   

I did a thread about fast tracking scientific research. You can have a rebuttal in 3 weeks if you can afford it. Helps keeps the bleeding down every time someone takes a stab at Monsanto.

I wouldn't be surprised if they had a few of their own minions involved in the peer reviewing process.

Link

edit on 2-4-2015 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
They also own Academi / Blackwater / Xe.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

The quality of their shill army is seriously slipping. They are sloppy, slow at processing replies and have outlandish personas with no substance. Maybe they are going with computer software instead of real people? More government subsidies needed STAT.

Merck on the other hand... They are cream of the crop. They put up a vigorous defense of modern chemistry. Making bank daily. I see the cracks forming in the armor though. The facts (and bodies) are piling up faster than they can bury them.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis

I did a thread about fast tracking scientific research. You can have a rebuttal in 3 weeks if you can afford it. Helps keeps the bleeding down every time someone takes a stab at Monsanto.

I wouldn't be surprised if the had a few of their own minions involved in the peer reviewing process.

Link

Nice one for my research compendium. S/F on the thread.
Here's one on "coercive citation"

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrMaybeNot
They also own Academi / Blackwater / Xe.

No they don't. They hired Total Intelligence Solutions to do work for them. TIS is connected to Academi.

Royal Caribbean Cruises also hired them.

That's a far cry from owning the company.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

You're right! Monsanto owns Blackwater has been repeated so many times that I took it as a fact. I was wrong after all.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Whaaaaaat? A company has people who's job it is to debate claims on controversial practices? How crazy is that?!?

Side note: when something is debunked here on ATS, is it just PR for "the other side?"

"A company" he says :')

You seriously believe that it's perfectly fine for a company that not only (unethically) produces seeds that lead to the suicide of thousands of farmers, with THEIR pesticides, to boot, to have an ENTIRE DEPARTMENT dedicated to dismissing VALID scientific research?

Are you purposely ignoring the fact that they're not "debating" it at all? Do you consider it a "debate" when an official boasts on camera that he would totally drink RoundUp and then when he is offered some, he ends the "debate"?

Nice mood you're in though, but I'm in the mood for "dealing with bullsh*t", and boy, your post reeked through my screen

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Strawberry88

Well. That escalated quickly, didn't it?

I'm sorry that my complete and total lack of surprise that Monsanto (a corporation, my bad
) has people on the payroll to debunk claims made about and against them was so offensive that your screen broke.

You can calm down now

edit on 2-4-2015 by Shamrock6 because: Fixed the smiley

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Well. That escalated quickly, didn't it?

I'm sorry that my complete and total lack of surprise that Monsanto (a corporation, my bad
) has people on the payroll to debunk claims made about and against them was so offensive that your screen broke.

You can calm down now

It did, since I thought we were here for denying ignorance and all that, not embracing it because the perpetrators sugarcoat it for us

Strong understatements ask for strong reactions.

You have a nice day shilling now, I hear there's some fracking activists that need to be told how you already know that it's bad for the planet.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Lack of surprise that a company like Monsanto has people on the payroll to make them look good = shilling.

Lol you're absolutely hysterical. Perhaps read up on what a shill is. Not being surprised that an unethical company does something unethical is not shilling behavior.

Ta-ta

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Lol!

I can't imagine this is much of a surprise to most members here.

Hell, I'd be more surprised to learn that they didn't have such a branch in their evil corporation.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

Careful, you can get called a shill for not being surprised and shocked by this

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I have a big problem with the cozy 'corproment' going on in the US. At least other countries have made some stands against GMO and have GMO labeling at minimum. What the heck has to be done to stop this insanity? I have stayed out of these threads because there is so much BS going on with Monsanto, Government, and debunking science that it make me literally astounded (and crazy) at the level of corruption and other things going on and the majority of the people don't even know who Monsanto is (I am speaking of Joe Blow on the street, not the people here at ATS, well most of ATS anyway). It has reached such a level that it is almost like "What are you going to do about it?" with these corporations and politicians (gov.). Bought and paid for MSM, Politicians, etc., etc, ad nauseum.

Is there any hope left that the people may somehow regain power in this country and stop this kind of riding roughshod over the will of the people and the actual legitimate science that should be properly and publicly debated or are we all just circling the drain at this point?

Sorry for the rambling interference....please continue with the regular direction of the thread to keep it on the rails...

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Not any more corrupt than madrigal electromotive.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 02:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
I wouldn't be surprised if they had a few of their own minions involved in the peer reviewing process.

They do believe you me

They do

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
On the "Monsanto" Facebook page they are very quick to reply to comments from critics... but the thing is the replies are always very vague and they put a lot of effort in to dance around issues and never provide a very concrete response.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
The implication in their "discredit bureau" is to attack the credentials of scientists who publish in peer-reviewed journals papers that undermine GMOs. I don't doubt Monsanto like any other corporation has a PR team that spends all day making comments on blogs and YT videos and such, but the function of this 'discredit bureau' is much more sinister, they try to directly attack published authors.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join