It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would You Actually Eat A Cake Made By Someone Forced To Make It For You?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: skalla

precisely the point. So here we have christians calling out LGBT folks for forcing our "ways" upon them. Yet the whole time they have no problem at all with discriminating against anyone not in their clique.

What bothers me the most is that the more extreme xtians are the worst judges around. An entire passage in Matthew is all about not judging.

Isaiah/James all tell xtians that they are NOT the judge...ever. god is who makes the decisions. Always. he is the one who decides and yet all day and all night, everyday, scores of xtians run around and tell everyone who is going to hell and discriminating. And you know what? If they want to do so, great. I say let them so long as just prior to their passing judgment they proclaim they aren't true xtians. But no. They'll hide behind a shaky faith with a gravel foundation.

I say this because over and over I hear this huge BS of a lie.

"Gay marriage/acceptance/tolerance will kill the family unit and will bring down judgment day and hell on Earth."

Yet not once has a single of these street preachers and pretenders been right about hell coming to our streets. But then there is the other piece of the puzzle. "They will destroy the family unit."

This is the bigger piece of BS I think.

If I today, leave mt hetero marriage and marry a man, I want to know, IN DETAIL, how that will destroy your family if I do what I do behind closed doors. I mean ABSOLUTE PRECISION with steps.

Step 1. I marry a man.

Step 2. You find out

Step 3. ?????

Step 4. Family unit is destroyed

What is the magical step 3? Granted I am of the LGBT crowd, but I am married hetero. Two doors down from us is a gay couple who are preparing to marry. I think in August. Now I want to know, come August, what do I do to defend myself and my marriage? Like bar up the doors?

Yeah I am being silly here but my message is sincere. What and how EXACTLY does a gay marriage destroy society? The onyl answer I can fathom is that the xtians saying that are arm-chair at best, and baseless, braggy and extremely lacking in a strong personal foundation at worst. If my neighbor's gay marriage affects you personally, short of them coming into your house uninvited and doing things you don't want to see, then you cannot seriously tell me that your family unit or society or faith will be destroyed unless all of those things were built on sand to begin with.

Would I eat the cake? Likely not. I'd ask you to. And you cannot be a Christian and be all for acceptance (you know...like your book says) and tell me you are going to put filth and poison into an LGBT marriage cake.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
"forced" "under duress"

I don't know who is being more disingenuous here, the goFundMentalists or the hysterical apologists.

This has nothing to do with anyone violating their deeply held religious beliefs and everything to do with GOP politicians pandering to people who want to use religion as an excuse to violate other peoples' civil rights to express their disapproval of gay marriage.

Baking a cake is neither participating nor endorsing gay marriage. Wedding cakes aren't some sort of holy sacrament. Bakers aren't members of clergy.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Everyone, has a belief, standard, theory, and way of life. As one is opposite of the other, forcing one to supply service or goods to another will not have good results, it just adds fuel, as this will not improve their viewpoint. I would never ask (or force) a muslum to make me a mohammed themed cake. This looks like a free market opportunity to me, Take a need and fill it, but not force it on no one whom may not see things exactly to the micron as you. Flash forward: where exactly is the end boundry here? I say let the market decide who makes what for whom, constructing a divide like this is just bs for the agenda crowd, and the very foundation for un needed hate seeding...."I make no pie for Klingon, but Krug do!"... so take a drive to see Krug you fool....

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse
people only care about getting on the "outrage train"
That's it. 90% of the people that had any reaction don't actually care about gay rights, they just found something to direct unplaced anger at.
Sorry if that hurts someone's feelings but it's true. You just want to be angry and create some kind of chaos.
The pizza people have to right to refuse service, especially if the place is privately owned.
They have the right to be jerks and say "no wedding pizza for gay people" (was that even a thing?)
and we have the right to call that stupid, spread the word and avoid going to that pizzeria.
but NOPE! must fight intolerance with intolerance and send death threats, hack the website and all that jazz.

Now would i eat the cake? hell yeah.
just to be spiteful.
i bet it tastes like strawberries and tears.
yummy.

And don't forget that lovely hint of aftertaste you get from the secret ingredient!

I wouldn't eat that cake if they force fed it to me. Then again, I wouldn't force anyone to make me a cake either,

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Thankfully I live in a country that functions in the 21st century.

So your hypothetical isn't an issue.

Or did you mean for this thread to be addressed to Americans only ?

Because this cake/flower problem of yours is mainly an American issue, the rest of us live in 1st world nations that don't allow discrimination disguised as "religous freedom" in the workplace.

Religion is a personal private matter that has no place in commerce... or governance for that matter.

It's truly a wonderous thing living in a secular country... you guys should try it sometime.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge Then ANY muslum bakery will make me a mohammed cross dressing cake? and be forced by law to bake it? sorry, gotta see that on video! a miracle of true freedom....

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

No thanks.

I would rather live in a country where no one forces their beliefs on others. Individual liberty is more important to me than your secular society.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

No, actually it's not a thing at all. I have never, ever heard of any wedding having pizza at it. Basically, the South Bend small time news station found a small town (less than 2,500 resident) shop that had Christian paraphernalia as the décor and sent a reporter trolling in the ask that question specifically to gin up a story and outlets like HuffPo, BuzzFeed and other Internet sites picked it up and made something out of nothing.

And it worked, and now these people are going to pretty likely end up having to close their business, move and change their names in order to even have a chance to recover anything of their lives because of it.

Way to go US.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Why would a Christian, with a good moral compass have a problem making a wedding cake for a gay couple?

Because it asks us to participate in a ceremony that mocks an actual wedding in our religious beliefs.

Now if you want me to bake a birthday cake or some other kind of cake for them ...

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: KyoZero

Dunno if you misunderstood me, or if i'm not getting you right. I'm no Christian, and you can marry a dude in my garden if you like, provided you help pick up the litter.

I'll happily make pizza and cake, i'm pretty good at both.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

A gay wedding does not mock it, it's just another marriage.

Pair bonding and it's ceremonies go back beyond year zero and Christ and we have no evidence to suggest that they originated in The Levant.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I have an idea. Why don't you ask a black person who lived in the South during the Civil Rights movement if they would eat at a restaurant that formally kicked them out, but had to now serve them? I bet their answer would be, "you bet I would." And plenty of them did.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   

trust me...if there is a misunderstanding, there is an approximately 95% chance that it is on my end

Anyway, pizza always wins for me anyway so -shrug-

lol

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Has nobody understood that the cake is a lie?

We have been prepared. We know of this fable.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Not from what I've seen of Christianity. Christianity is the religion of pure hypocrisy to me. Too many contradictions in the bible that allow Christians to justify any behavior they want, whenever they want. Then when it becomes necessary to judge someone else doing that behavior they have text to do that too. Heck their bible isn't really even clear on who should be doing the judging: man, god, or both.

I think your confusing Christianity with Catholicism. Believe me, they are not one and the same. The true message of Jesus has been edited, redacted and twisted so many times over the millennia to suit the power structure that it's no longer about a code of morals and decency, its about control and oppression. I see where you are coming from though.
edit on 7-4-2015 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join