It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would You Actually Eat A Cake Made By Someone Forced To Make It For You?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   
First let me say that both sides of the "Gay Wedding Cake" issue appear to be idiots to me. I think discriminating against people is stupid and so is trying to "force" someone to do something against their will. With all of the publicity surrounding the Indiana "Religious Freedom Law" it just got me thinking. Would you actually eat something made by someone forced by law to make it for you?

I promise you that if I were forced to do something against my will (like bake you a cake) that you would NOT want to eat it, lol. So hypothetically speaking if this Christian baker had made the cake for the gay wedding under duress and you were a guest at the gay wedding would you eat a piece?

I am curious to see the responses. My answer? Heck no!

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Hell, if I was a cop, I wouldn't eat fast food at all. You always hear stories about what happens to cop's food orders at this places.
Those kids aren't even being forced to work there.

So, no, I wouldn't.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   

If you were forced to make a cake for me, I would happily dispose of the ingredients for you.

Starting with the icing.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Of course not.
This whole issue is based on illogical hypothetical scenarios that are yet to even happen. It just shows how irrational people have become over these modern pseudo-civil rights non-issues. This also shows what to expect if a business did do this. The place would probably be burned down over night by hordes of oh-so-enlightened and tolerant people.

edit on 4/2/2015 by ItCameFromOuterSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 04:31 AM
link   

So hypothetically speaking if this Christian baker had made the cake for the gay wedding under duress and you were a guest at the gay wedding would you eat a piece?

Why on Earth would a Christian with a good moral compass, who takes Jesus Christ as his or her example make a cake that was in any way not fit to eat?

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Every wedding usually has a cake murderer .But if i had any doubts and yes i would eat it , i would take a piece back to the shop and say , eat this .

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 05:15 AM
link   
No thanks ... never eat nor accept anything made / done under duress .. besides I dont condone slave labour .. forcing someone to do something against their will is slave labour ..

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 05:24 AM
link   
No..

blah blah blah second line.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 05:28 AM
link   
people only care about getting on the "outrage train"
That's it. 90% of the people that had any reaction don't actually care about gay rights, they just found something to direct unplaced anger at.
Sorry if that hurts someone's feelings but it's true. You just want to be angry and create some kind of chaos.
The pizza people have to right to refuse service, especially if the place is privately owned.
They have the right to be jerks and say "no wedding pizza for gay people" (was that even a thing?)
and we have the right to call that stupid, spread the word and avoid going to that pizzeria.
but NOPE! must fight intolerance with intolerance and send death threats, hack the website and all that jazz.

Now would i eat the cake? hell yeah.
just to be spiteful.
i bet it tastes like strawberries and tears.
yummy.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Yea why not? A little bit of spickle never hurt nobody.

I'm sure we've all eaten food in certain restaurants that have done things to our food.

I've heard some true horror stories, and let me tell you, people don't have to be forced or under duress to play with your food.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: skalla

Why would a Christian, with a good moral compass have a problem making a wedding cake for a gay couple?

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 06:00 AM
link   

I wouldn't give them the business, that's for sure.

Name and shame, but go somewhere else, somewhere that wants to exist in the 21st century.

edit on 2/4/15 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   

I think it's safe to assume that a Christian being forced to bake a cake for a gay wedding doesn't have a good moral compass. I wouldn't put petty spite above someone like this.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Your post made me think of this.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
No thanks ... never eat nor accept anything made / done under duress .. besides I dont condone slave labour .. forcing someone to do something against their will is slave labour ..

No, it's social justice...haven't you heard?

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

a reply to: Krazysh0t

Hmm, i just naturally expected that anyone who followed Christ would just have got on with their business and left the judging to God.

It would stand to reason after all

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Not from what I've seen of Christianity. Christianity is the religion of pure hypocrisy to me. Too many contradictions in the bible that allow Christians to justify any behavior they want, whenever they want. Then when it becomes necessary to judge someone else doing that behavior they have text to do that too. Heck their bible isn't really even clear on who should be doing the judging: man, god, or both.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I don't mean to drag you into explaining things that i already know, i'm just being sarcastic and a touch arch about stereotypically sniffy and judgemental "Christians"

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Yea I knew you were being facetious. This isn't my first radio.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

That's a silly question, because if you really think about it, if you've even eaten out you've already eaten food made by someone who was forced to make it for you.

On that note, don't go into that garbage of "They chose the job, they're not forced", or any malarkey like that. The thing is, everyone in any job has bad days. Especially food service. So many times they don't want to be there, but have to be there, because they need the funds.

Not only that, but if you've ever complained about service/food at a restaurant, but still eat there, trust me, you're eating food made by people who don't like you. More often than not, people know who complained. They may even be told when you enter, especially if you're a "regular".

So in all honesty, chances are you've already eaten food made that way. Even if you don't know any of the people at the restaurant, you never know, one of the cooks may see you and just hate your face.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join