It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Starting--> Indiana Christian Pizzeria ATTACKED by gay lobby

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

I just posted a link to memoriespizza.com which shows that the domain name was available for purchase after the story hit the airwaves. Clearly Memories Pizza's website couldn't have been hacked if they didn't even HAVE a website. And just to check in case they had some goofy domain name, here is a google search for Memories pizza.

www.google.com...

They have a facebook and yelp page, but no home page.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

it is a significant issue for gays, however. as a nation we don't typically stop people from using our services for anything other than perhaps violent/abusive behavior, inappropriate attire or packing heat (toting a gun in plain view). that we have to be reminded that gay people have sexual urges like the rest of the planet, and take advantage of legal contracts, like the rest of the planet, and need to eat, like the rest of the planet, is silly. feeding gay people is not wrong. i seem to recall jesus saying: "if you've done it unto the least among you, you've done it unto me." and at that point, he was talking about people who are considered social pariahs, like prisoners and so forth and not necessarily people who are well accepted by society. he wasn't kidding when he said to love your neighbor as yourself. there were no stipulations amended to that statement.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
How many weddings did your restaurant cater for same sex couples?

No idea, never asked.

ETA: Actually, it was probably zero since I sold it in 2007 and it was not legal in New Jersey until after that point. But I would have since 'gay' money is just as green as 'straight' money.

edit on 2-4-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

No idea, never asked.

ETA: Actually, it was probably zero since I sold it in 2007 and it was not legal in New Jersey until after that point. But I would have since 'gay' money is just as green as 'straight' money.

As long as the check clears, I'm GTG too.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Are you sure? I had heard that George Washington has product in his hair on gay money.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Are you sure? I had heard that George Washington has product in his hair on gay money.

Durrrrr. He was the most flamboyant Founding Father.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

It's an issue of freedom, is it?

So, the folks who don't agree with the public statement this restaurant made should be silenced under your version of "freedom?"

They don't get the "freedom" to express their beliefs in the situation?

The Christians' beliefs should allow them the "freedom" to ignore the laws of the land?

Your "freedom" sounds a lot like a superior class being allowed rights and privileges that other citizens are not, frankly.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   

No idea, never asked.

Ah. So you ran your business on a for profit basis instead of arbitrarily deciding who and who not to serve and trying to link that to your own superstitions?

I wish more businesses were like yours, honestly.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   
there is something seriously wrong with all of this. first, jesus outlawed slavery, sexism and racism, a very long time ago. he also spoke vehemently against treating people unequally and spoke at length about how we should treat people who we may or may not agree with. the only stipulation was that you should not become romantically involved with someone who is not of your same belief (which is common sense). that we have instead, had 2000 years of slavery, sexism, racism and disdain for people who are down on their luck or otherwise not accepted in the mainstream society, is evidence that we still have not actually seen a christian government in the history of the planet!

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: undo

Jesus never outlawed slavery, racism, or sexism. Where did you get that from?

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Ah. So you ran your business on a for profit basis instead of arbitrarily deciding who and who not to serve and trying to link that to your own superstitions?

The entire rationale for me to get into business was to make a lot of money.

Not to say that over 13+ years I never had to toss anyone or deny service but it was more for acting like an a-hole than anything else.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   

The entire rationale for me to get into business was to make a lot of money.

Not to say that over 13+ years I never had to toss anyone or deny service but it was more for acting like an a-hole than anything else.

Which is perfectly legal and non discriminatory because that person's own actions caused them to loose the opportunity of purchasing your services, whatever they may be.

So, nothing wrong with that. A holes don't get served at very many places, nor should they.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   
It seems that one of the O'Connors was also asked if they would impose their religious beliefs on couples that were remarrying after divorce ...

When asked about pizza for weddings with divorced couples, O’Connor paused.

“You know, that’s something that I don’t have figured out in my own mind yet,” he said. “Because I’m divorced. So that’s something I don’t have figured out.”

Indiana Pizza Parlour Won't Serve because: Jesus

Hmmmm ... but ... unlike "gay marriage" Jesus did have something to say about D-I-V-O-R-C-E:

3 Some Pharisees came to him to test him. They asked, “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for any and every reason?”

4 “Haven’t you read,” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female,’ 5 and said, ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’? 6 So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.”

Matthew 19: 3-6

Yeah.

link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Jesus never outlawed slavery, racism, or sexism. Where did you get that from?

there is therefore no male or female, slave or freeman, for all are one in christ jesus. it wasn't directly from jesus (i think paul said it) but that is really just logical chain from the love your neighbor as yourself and the feeding of the sheep and the goats.

this video may irritate you, but listen to all if it. when it says "right" and "left" it's not talking about politics

link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
Which is perfectly legal and non discriminatory because that person's own actions caused them to loose the opportunity of purchasing your services, whatever they may be.

So, nothing wrong with that. A holes don't get served at very many places, nor should they.

I totally agree. However I did have one of them claim I was tossing them because I was racist and not because they were rude and obnoxious with the help. They called the cops and I ended up playing back the surveillance video of them throwing stuff at the counter guy. You still need to be aware that even tossing an a-hole can cause you troubles if the person wants to make a big deal about their poor behavior.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Jesus condoned slavery. Here is Jesus talking about the proper way to beat your slaves even if they don't know they did wrong.

The servant will be severely punished, for though he knew his duty, he refused to do it. "But people who are not aware that they are doing wrong will be punished only lightly. Much is required from those to whom much is given, and much more is required from those to whom much more is given." (Luke 12:47-48 NLT)

Here is an edict for how slaves should behave.

Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ. (Ephesians 6:5 NLT)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

A holes don't get served at very many places, nor should they.

Wal-Mart...

On topic, businesses who discriminate against any segment of the population based on anything are going to lose that segment's business and money.

A shrewd businessman/woman would never cut off any segment if their objective was to stay in business and make money. I stand by the fact that anyone who is not happy with a business's practices... Boycott them. I don't care of you spend $5 a month there or $5,000 a month. Take that money and support someone who is supporting you and your community.

Majority rules as always. The business will either fail or succeed on those merits and other businesses may flourish and come into existence to serve those who choose to take their business elsewhere.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

yeah that second one is paul again. if it was consistent with the rest of what jesus said, such as loving your neighbor as yourself, then i'd take it to heart, but it isn't, so it's just paul giving people advice on following the laws of the land regarding the topic of slavery.

but the first one, i don't think it means what you think it means.
edit on 2-4-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   

I guess you're right. It is after all Christian tradition to twist the words of the bible to say whatever you want them to say. Never mind that when the word "servant" is used in the Bible, it really means slave. Heck despite the Bible never outright condemning slavery, the link I just posted goes on to say that the Bible is against slavery in spirit; which is only true through modern interpretations.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

yeah well jesus was talking about our relationship with god, as god's servants. not slavery by other humans. bit of a difference, i might add. it helps if you read the context of the setting.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join