It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Starting--> Indiana Christian Pizzeria ATTACKED by gay lobby

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
Which Gay Lobby attacked them by chance? I didn't know Twitter and the Blogsphere were considered a Lobby these days.

It's always something sinister when it goes against the bigotries and ignorance of the right-wing, didn't you know?

The hate lobby of the right-wing always does this, calling public reaction to their bigotry an "organized attack" and their own organized attacks "freedom of opinion".

Perfect example right now: ABC is being attacked by Christian groups for a TV show about Dan Savage, but less than two years ago those same groups were calling a demand to fire that fascist from Duck Dynasty a "liberal, gay mafia conspiracy". It's freedom when they do it, and a conspiracy when it goes against their views. They have always been hypocrites and they always will be.

The right-wing has to call this a lobby, or a mafia, or a conspiracy, because if they didn't do that they would have to admit that this is actually PUBLIC OPINION, and it doesn't agree with their extreme politics.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: borntowatch
I am a Fundamentalist, 6 day creationist and I would have no issue with selling a gay couple on their wedding day a pizza, a car, a place to live. If they were hungry and or without a home, provide what I could.
I am sure there are gays who would do the same for me

This is just a hate thread.

It's very rare that I have the opportunity to say something like this, but you are a great example of a real Christian. I applaud you.

And yes, this gay would do the same for you if needed, as I am sure plenty of others would.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 06:20 AM
link   
i think this whole thing is being blown way out of proportion. my husband's family owned a restaurant when i met him. they were christians, in fact, fundies. he was the cook/chef, and i was a waitress/hostess. everyday a gay couple (men) would come in and sit at the counter and my husband would cook their food for them, and they could watch him do so cause the grill and stove were right there. they would joke and share small talk with us. we never even thought for five seconds that we should discriminate against them. they even bought us wedding gifts when we got married (a really classy spice rack with spices, was the nicest one i ever saw).

i just don't get this entire bruhaha.

edit on 2-4-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   
A "Christian Pizzeria" sounds as daft as a "gay lobby"

They should resolve their differences in a "peaceful portakabin."

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   
So it's ok to hate gays but not hypocritical xtians. Jesus would cry if he saw the hate these phony xtians spew in his name. They deserve to be closed. Freedom of speech is not freedom to violate federal discrimination laws.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Ludicrously assuming for a moment that a same-sex couple would order this pizza for their wedding banquet, what would happen if they didn't tell the pizza place that it was for a same-sex wedding at the time they ordered? The pizza place shows up with 100 pizzas and then finds out the couple is same sex. Do they take their pizza and the loss and leave?

ETA: I guess my point is...even if there is a point here...is that is only an issue to those who choose to force and/or publicize this issue...on both sides. And that this is one of the most riciculous, nitpicking "laws" ever. And there are a lot of ridiculous laws.
edit on 4/2/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   
A few doses of what some choose to call 'reality':

1. No gay couple would choose a local pizza joint to "cater their wedding."

Source: "C'mon."

2. The pizza parlor was hardly "set up."

Source: Here's what they said in the interview with local ABC affiliate

“We are a Christian establishment,” says O'Connor.

The O'Connor family prides themselves in owning a business that reflects their religious beliefs.

“We're not discriminating against anyone, that's just our belief and anyone has the right to believe in anything,” says O'Connor.

So, when Governor Pence signed the Religious Freedom Restoration Act into law, the family was not disappointed.

“We definitely agree with the bill,” says O'Connor.

When ABC 57 asked O'Connor about the negative backlash the bill has been getting for being a discriminatory piece of legislation, she says that's simply not true.

“I do not think it's targeting gays. I don't think it's discrimination,” says O'Connor. “It's supposed to help people that have a religious belief.”

O'Connor says because she's a Christian, she and her family don't support a gay marriage and that is their right.

Kevin O'Connor, Crystal's father, says he believes the negative backlash the bill and its supporters are getting isn't fair.

“That lifestyle is something they choose. I choose to be heterosexual. They choose to be homosexual. Why should I be beat over the head to go along with something they choose?” says Kevin O'Connor

3. False: Posting a "We Reserve the Right to Refuse Service" sign allows you to refuse service to anyone for any reason.

Source: Multiple but: Legal Match - Find an Attorney

So Are "We Reserve the Right to Refuse Service to Anyone" Signs in Restaurants Legal?

Yes, however they still do not give a restaurant the power to refuse service on the basis of race, color, religion, or natural origin. These signs also do not preclude a court from finding other arbitrary refusals of service to be discriminatory. Simply put, restaurants that carry a "Right to Refuse Service" sign are subject to the same laws as restaurants without one.

4. False: Christians have the right to free speech and to organize: gays and lesbians do not.

Source: Argument made by the OP. First Amendment, US Constitution

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: damwel
Jesus would cry if he saw the hate these phony xtians spew in his name..

i know as a christian, it makes me very sad to see this type of treatment of gays. there needs to be an outpouring of love from the christian
community to the gay community, and it needs to be from all sectors. they shouldn't have to go to the government and force others to treat
them fairly. how horrible.

edit on 2-4-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: undo

originally posted by: damwel
Jesus would cry if he saw the hate these phony xtians spew in his name..

i know as a christian, it makes me very sad to see this type of treatment of gays. there needs to be an outpouring of love from the christian
community to the gay community, and it needs to be from all sectors. they shouldn't have to go to the government and force others to treat
them fairly. how horrible.

Even though I am thoroughly against superstition, I absolutely believe that if only 10% of Christians actually practiced what Jesus Christ taught (Love god with all your heart, love others as you love yourself, judge not that you not be judged, etc.) that the world would be transformed.

Thanks for your hopeful post!

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

aww, i'm glad it helped.

a gift for you

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   
All of these "Religious Freedom" laws that are being proposed in predominantly conservative states just goes to show how Conservatives are drawn to hate just like how moths are drawn to a lightbulb.

Are these "Religious freedom" laws, which are nothing more than laws that make it easier to discriminate against basically anyone that Christians don't deem worthy or as in the same class as them, the best contribution that Conservatives have to offer?

They love to ridicule and hate on Liberals for expanding social safety nets and for trying to provide health insurance to as many people as possible, and they offer no real solutions, but yet they go ahead and pass these sort of laws that set this country back decades....

But yet I have no doubts that I'm the one that's going to get called a hater and a bigot...
edit on 4/2/2015 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

One of my restaurants was a Pizzeria and we did about 20% of our daily business via catering, whether it was pizza or trays of your typical Italian-American fare.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   
memoriespizza.com...

Also, in all seriousness, it's really dumb to not own a domain name for your business. Especially after you spew stupid # on TV.

HAHA! That's funny.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: muse7

what i don't understand is how we collect so many taxes as a nation, yet our inner cities are absolute hellholes. our safety net appears to have sprung a world domination leak.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: undo
i think this whole thing is being blown way out of proportion.

i just don't get this entire bruhaha.

As more and more people realize that there is almost no important distinctions between Republicans and Democrats, as elections draw nearer, you can expect more stories like this to be blown out of proportion. Small little nonsense matters will be spun by the media into national frenzies, all designed to make you want to get out and vote. Not necessarily for the "good guys," but against those evil "other guys."

But you won't see MSM scrutiny or social media attacks against banks, insurance companies, lobbyists, IRS, NSA, etc. Those might serve to unite people rather than divide them. Instead, you'll get national attention towards a mom and pop pizza shop.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra
Fighting intolerance with intolerance.

Oh boy, is it a great day to be human.

Well, it does seem a bit like the thought police as it was for just an opinion and it does kind of reek of intimidation tactics, however, it is not a government act but a free market solution so I don't have a lot of problem with it.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

So what did they get a call from the militant radical and intolerant wing of the Stonewall Union?

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I'd like to see evidence this was a scam on the part of the owners before condemnation.

And I'm sorry, but, if these people believe that taking part in, and facilitating a gay marriage is against their religion, they should not be forced to do so. Either be a customer of theirs or don't. Would I go to an Islamic butcher and ask them to chop up a pig into pork chops if they had a sign saying they "don't do pork" or denied my request verbally? No. And I wouldn't make a big deal. I would respect their beliefs and would not attempt to force them to forsake their beliefs which they believe to be sacred.

Would I join a book club called "The Atheist Book Club" and suggest we read The Holy Bible? No. And I would not cry discrimination about it if I did and my request was then denied. It's not difficult to respect someone's harmless belief. There are other places to order a damn pizza lol. Refusing to take part in or facilitate a gay wedding does not amount to hatred. A business can refuse service for Any reason. They don't even have to give a reason why. It can be because they don't like the color of your necktie. Or because they think your clothing is too revealing. Or any reason you could pull out of a hat.

That's what freedom is. The right to say "no thank you, I don't think I would like to initiate a business transaction with you" or even, if you feel like it, "i don't like you. go away. leave my property now" while giving them the finger. I realize that freedom is not for everyone, not everyone can handle it. But I believe we do need to hold on to what freedom we have left, rather than give it away freely. Nobody is forcing you to exercise your freedom. But don't try to tell me what to do with mine.

If it was my pizzeria, I wouldn't care if my food happened to be eaten at a gay wedding, but these people should be allowed to conduct their business as they please, unmolested and unharrassed. Let people decide with their wallets and let them sink or swim. I may not personally choose their course of action, but I would defend to the death their right to take that action, or non-action. Same goes for a pizzeria refusing to cater a straight wedding, or Christian wedding, or a wedding where the bride wears a green dress, or a wedding where diet coke is served, or a wedding where Rick Astley is played, or any zany preference they may have. It's their right to do so!

Apparently someone else set up the Go Fund Me for them, so I'd like to see evidence this is not true, or other evidence showing they lied about the harassment received before we assume as much.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Gryphon66

One of my restaurants was a Pizzeria and we did about 20% of our daily business via catering, whether it was pizza or trays of your typical Italian-American fare.

How many weddings did your restaurant cater for same sex couples?

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

So you really don't understand what the issue with a law like this is about do you?

No you cannot force a Muslim butcher to serve you whatever meats they don't eat, however they cannot refuse to serve you based on something about you that you cannot change, such as your skin color, or sexual orientation. You are free to eat there, but you cannot force them to surve you something which they don't offer on their menu. However they cannot refuse service to you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join