It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Starting--> Indiana Christian Pizzeria ATTACKED by gay lobby

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup

originally posted by: queenofswords
If all fifteen of you walk into my establishment and order pizza, you will be served pizza...with a smile and a "thank you", no questions asked.

However, if you ask me to come to your orgy planned that evening at the "Hell's Bell's Fun House" and cater the "event", I will respectfully decline. If my conscience rejects exposure to that behavior, I have the right not to have to look at it.

I have nothing against gays, btw. I object to anybody forcing another person to watch a behavior that goes against their beliefs.

But what has that got to do with anything? Nobody asked these people to attend the wedding.

Here's the quote

“If a gay couple came in and wanted us to provide pizzas for their wedding, we would have to say no. We are a Christian establishment,”

NOBODY asked for catering...nobody is having a gay orgy... nobody is marrying a horse and nobody is marrying kids.

Honestly - the lengths you nutters go to to justify these bigots.

The orgy analogy was just that...an analogy. My point is that if someone objects to a certain behavior, they have a right to not have to be involved in witnessing that behavior. It isn't about the person, it is about the behavior.

Some religious people do not want to witness, observe, or appear to approve the marriage of same-sex couples. They should have that right, whether you and I like it or not, period.

I have a feeling the players and agenda-makers are going to pull a lot of stunts to keep us all focused on these "social justice" issues and away from issues about the economy and our foreign policy problems.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: blupblup

I respect you, blup.

I dislike you. I find you annoying. But I respect you.

You don't sugar-coat your disdain. You don't play like you respect anything other than what you firmly believe.

And while I cannot agree with your point of view, I respect the fact that you are at the very least, honest.

Well thanks mate.... I dislike you immensely.
I cannot say I respect you either as you never answer a straight question, you're hypocritical and you're a very slippery fellow.

Thanks - sharing is caring.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: Annee

Well, if these laws stand, American Muslims who wish to practice Sharia law are protected.

Muslims have a lot more back up for Sharia than these Fundamentalist Christians do for not selling pizza to gays.

Yet another example of the pure, utter, UNMITIGATED stupidity of these laws.

The issue with Sharia Law is stupid.

Amish have their own laws. Jewish sects have their own laws.

Their laws are specific to their own beliefs and culture.

None of them trump US law.

edit on 2-4-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc
I agree and addressed it in one of my earlier posts, it's a hypothetical to those throwing the word forced around. I'm not sure frankly WTH happened here in this story..it appears the pizzaria is making bank on this.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
If all fifteen of you walk into my establishment and order pizza, you will be served pizza...with a smile and a "thank you", no questions asked.

However, if you ask me to come to your orgy planned that evening at the "Hell's Bell's Fun House" and cater the "event", I will respectfully decline. If my conscience rejects exposure to that behavior, I have the right not to have to look at it.

I have nothing against gays, btw. I object to anybody forcing another person to watch a behavior that goes against their beliefs.

But what has that got to do with anything? Nobody asked these people to attend the wedding.

Here's the quote

“If a gay couple came in and wanted us to provide pizzas for their wedding, we would have to say no. We are a Christian establishment,”

NOBODY asked for catering...nobody is having a gay orgy... nobody is marrying a horse and nobody is marrying kids.

Honestly - the lengths you nutters go to to justify these bigots.

But you conveniently ignore this part of the interview:

We said we would serve anyone that came in that door, even gays,

Owner Crystal O’Connor says she’s in favor of it, noting that while anyone can eat in her family restaurant, if the business were asked to cater a gay wedding, they would not do it. It conflicts with their biblical beliefs. Alyssa’s tweet mentions that the O’Connors have “never been asked to cater a same-sex wedding.”

You are correct, bigots will do anything to justify their bigotry.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

originally posted by: kaylaluv

a reply to: beezzer

My question was, do you approve of people saying whatever they want, even if it pisses you off, or do you want them to "shut up" if what they say pisses you off? Which is it? It's an honest question.

Telling someone to shut up, is different from not allowing them to speak.

I guess I'm not free to tell someone to shut up.

Is that what you're telling me?

But do you really want them to shut up? Really? If an atheist told a Christian to shut up, you would bash the atheist's treatment of the Christian, saying he was being disrespectful of the Christian's opinion. You are certainly free to tell someone to shut up, but don't be surprised by the accusation of hypocrisy.

You speak of freedoms and respect of others beliefs.

WHERE ARE YOUR POSTS DEFENDING CHRISTIAN RIGHTS?

Christians have the right to believe whatever they want. They don't have the right to act on those beliefs when it takes away someone else's rights. Gays are citizens who have a civil right to participate in this society, and that includes having the same access to public accommodation that everyone else has.

If an atheist had a business, and he said that because of his beliefs, he refused to sell his products to Christians - I would say the same thing to the atheist. Christians, as citizens, have the civil right to participate in this society, and that includes having the same access to public accommodation that everyone else has.

But the people in question did nothing to anyone.

If someone publicly says, "I will kill the President the next chance I get", do the authorities just ignore it because he hasn't done anything yet? Extreme example, I realize, but my point is, if someone publicly announces that they WILL refuse service to a group because of who that group is, you gotta expect some response. Not saying I 100% agree with the specific response, but I'm certainly not surprised that there was one.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Everyone is just doing their own thing.

Isn't that what you always preach?

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

respect is dead.

Respect for other's beliefs is dead.

People vomit pithy posts about rights and freedoms, yet cannot provide A SINGLE POINT WHERE THEY DEFENDED ANYTHING OTHER THAN THOSE WHO BELIEVE THE SAME!

They condemn Christianity yet scream about free speech and rights.

When they get called on their bias and hypocricy, they counter-accuse because someone refuses to beleive exactly the same as they.

And that is heresay in the New Church of Social Media.

Now bow 3 times towards Google, say 3 Hail Kim Kardashians, and re-tweet this 20 times.

And you can be saved!

Where in the Bible does it state god says gays can't eat pizza at their own wedding?

These people aren't Christians, they're simply homophobes who are trying to claim they know better than what goes on in gods brain and are free to judge as they choose fit and ignore what is written in the bible. These are both gross, punishable by an eternity in hell, sins in Christianity that have no place in the Christian faith so why defend them?

Even as an atheist, I'm not so anti-Christian that I'd assume god or jesus didn't have anything better to do than focus on who can and can't eat pizza or claim to possibly have a clue how god thinks. So why can't Christians pay their own gods a similar respect.
edit on 2-4-2015 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

My question was, do you approve of people saying whatever they want, even if it pisses you off, or do you want them to "shut up" if what they say pisses you off? Which is it? It's an honest question.

But do you really want them to shut up? Really? If an atheist told a Christian to shut up, you would bash the atheist's treatment of the Christian, saying he was being disrespectful of the Christian's opinion. You are certainly free to tell someone to shut up, but don't be surprised by the accusation of hypocrisy.

Christians have the right to believe whatever they want. They don't have the right to act on those beliefs when it takes away someone else's rights. Gays are citizens who have a civil right to participate in this society, and that includes having the same access to public accommodation that everyone else has.

If an atheist had a business, and he said that because of his beliefs, he refused to sell his products to Christians - I would say the same thing to the atheist. Christians, as citizens, have the civil right to participate in this society, and that includes having the same access to public accommodation that everyone else has.

If someone publicly says, "I will kill the President the next chance I get", do the authorities just ignore it because he hasn't done anything yet? Extreme example, I realize, but my point is, if someone publicly announces that they WILL refuse service to a group because of who that group is, you gotta expect some response. Not saying I 100% agree with the specific response, but I'm certainly not surprised that there was one.

There was a time not so long ago in the US where people were blacklisted and punished for certain beliefs--not actually doing anything, mind you--but for simply having a belief system that was not popular. This was call "McCarthyism." Do we really want to go back to those times?

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

I never said they wouldn't serve gays in their restaurant??
I see you're still trolling..

I'll just repost my answer from earlier.

Do they cater for weddings of people married more than once/divorced?
Do they cater for weddings of really overweight people who eat too much?

You're just trolling.

I've given my answer... It's simple.

The answer is - they specifically pick on gays because they are homophobic, they pick and choose which sins they like... it has nothing to do with religion - it's pure discrimination.

They are bigots.

I also answered your McCarthyism point... but you're just trolling not debating, never mind.
You have no argument, just pointless drivel.
edit on 2/4/15 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Actually i have already said on this very case that as long as the government is not involved and there is not direct harm nor interference, the people can say what they want and refuse to do business and encourage others not to do business with the pizzeria.

I can also, by the same token, criticize the motivations of those doing so and point out the hypocrisy of their behavior, the fine examples of "tolerance" they are.

OTOH, the death threats and threats of violence these people have been getting based on this manufactured outrage are indeed illegal.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: undo
Ahh, my apologies..(facepalm)

To that question I think mother nature usually introduces a disease when animal populations get out of control.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

I can also, by the same token, criticize the motivations of those doing so and point out the hypocrisy of their behavior, the fine examples of "tolerance" they are.

OTOH, the death threats and threats of violence these people have been getting based on this manufactured outrage are indeed illegal.

You want hypocrisy?

Let an atheist business speak up.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: Annee

Well, if these laws stand, American Muslims who wish to practice Sharia law are protected.

Muslims have a lot more back up for Sharia than these Fundamentalist Christians do for not selling pizza to gays.

Yet another example of the pure, utter, UNMITIGATED stupidity of these laws.

You raise a good point. OK lets do away with these laws. Its the only fair thing to do right?(hypocritical on purpose lol)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

I never said they wouldn't serve gays in their restaurant??
I see you're still trolling..

I'll just repost my answer from earlier.

Do they cater for weddings of people married more than once/divorced?
Do they cater for weddings of really overweight people who eat too much?

You're just trolling.

I've given my answer... It's simple.

The answer is no they don't... they specifically pick on gays because they are homophobic, they pick and choose which sins they like... it has nothing to do with religion - it's pure discrimination.

They are bigots.

I also answered your McCarthyism point... but you're just trolling not debating, never mind.
You have no argument, just pointless drivel.

Actually you've dodged and danced around the McCarthyism point but of course bigotry and critical thinking do not go hand in hand.

So you admit they wouldn't discriminate gays, the people, and that those people would be welcome in their establishment they just didn't want to participate in the act of a gay wedding. Sounds in keeping with the civil rights act where people, not acts are protected.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

There was a time not so long ago in the US where people were blacklisted and punished for certain beliefs--not actually doing anything, mind you--but for simply having a belief system that was not popular. This was call "McCarthyism." Do we really want to go back to those times?

We're not just talking about a belief. We are talking about someone saying that they WILL ACT on that belief.
If the Christian owner said that he/she personally was against gay marriage, but he/she will do business with them because he/she will not mix business with personal belief -- I highly doubt you would see the public backlash we are seeing now.

If someone said that they were a communist AND that they would participate in a war against the U.S. and democracy - that's a little different than saying they believe in communist principles but had no intention of doing anything about it.

link   

originally posted by: amicktd

The Christian faith is an embarrassment to the American culture in my opinion.

A moment or two before you were a twinkle in your daddy's eye, American culture was Christian culture.

This obsession with 'all things below the waist - however I want them' is a relatively new phenomenon.

Your public education failed you. Miserably.
edit on 2-4-2015 by Seamrog because: (no reason given)

link   

You want hypocrisy?

Let an atheist business speak up.

They should if they want to. I think they have every right to do what they want and, if fact, have on several occasions.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

We're not just talking about a belief. We are talking about someone saying that they WILL ACT on that belief.
If the Christian owner said that he/she personally was against gay marriage, but he/she will do business with them because he/she will not mix business with personal belief -- I highly doubt you would see the public backlash we are seeing now.

If someone said that they were a communist AND that they would participate in a war against the U.S. and democracy - that's a little different than saying they believe in communist principles but had no intention of doing anything about it.

So office of pre-crime then is it? Got it.

Seriously. "I'm a communist but I wouldn't do anything about it?" That's not what happened with everyone. A lot of those prosecuted under McCarthyism said the same thing--"I am a communist and would do such and such." Do we really want to live in a society where people are punished for their beliefs? Can you not see what a bad and evil precedent that sets?
edit on 2-4-2015 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

There is a difference in being a bigot and being discriminating. We all discriminate to some degree, and we should. Otherwise, there would be no boundaries when it comes to behavior, and chaos and debauchery would rule.

Some, like yourself, are more bigoted than discriminating. You hate on Christians and others that aren't wide open with their moral values. Some of the most hateful bigots in this world are intolerant liberals. They preach one thing, but their actions say another.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join