It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Starting--> Indiana Christian Pizzeria ATTACKED by gay lobby

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
The problem is some people are wasting a lot of time and energy barking up the wrong tree

Study: Muslims To Outnumber Christians Worldwide At 2070

link   
respect is dead.

Respect for other's beliefs is dead.

People vomit pithy posts about rights and freedoms, yet cannot provide A SINGLE POINT WHERE THEY DEFENDED ANYTHING OTHER THAN THOSE WHO BELIEVE THE SAME!

They condemn Christianity yet scream about free speech and rights.

When they get called on their bias and hypocricy, they counter-accuse because someone refuses to beleive exactly the same as they.

And that is heresay in the New Church of Social Media.

Now bow 3 times towards Google, say 3 Hail Kim Kardashians, and re-tweet this 20 times.

And you can be saved!

link   
a reply to: undo
Correct me if Im wrong but it was regarding(theoretical) a gay business not serving so and so, my reply indicated that was not a good business model.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
respect is dead.

Respect for other's beliefs is dead.

People vomit pithy posts about rights and freedoms, yet cannot provide A SINGLE POINT WHERE THEY DEFENDED ANYTHING OTHER THAN THOSE WHO BELIEVE THE SAME!

When they get called on their bias and hypocricy, they counter-accuse because someone refuses to beleive exactly the same as they.

And that is heresay in the New Church of Social Media.

Now bow 3 times towards Google, say 3 Hail Kim Kardashians, and re-tweet this 20 times.

And you can be saved!

Waaaaa Poor christians.... boooohooooo waaaaaaa

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
a reply to: 3n19m470

So you really don't understand what the issue with a law like this is about do you?

No you cannot force a Muslim butcher to serve you whatever meats they don't eat, however they cannot refuse to serve you based on something about you that you cannot change, such as your skin color, or sexual orientation. You are free to eat there, but you cannot force them to surve you something which they don't offer on their menu. However they cannot refuse service to you.

Well, maybe you're right. Maybe I don't understand the law. The Islamic butcher was a bad example... you are correct, sir/madam. However, I was under the assumption that a business owner has the right to refuse service to any one for any reason. Please understand that I would never do this, because Im not a jerk and also, I dont believe that doing business with a gay person will effect me in any way after I die. That is not one of my beliefs. But I guess I just believe people should have the right to be a jerk. If their attitudes effect their business, so be it. Maybe they will go out of business. Or maybe they are a millionaire and can afford to take a loss every day. Or maybe they make really good soup, like the soup nazi from Seinfeld, so enough people put up with his attitude to keep him in business...

If a known pedophile arrived to my place of business, I would ask them to leave. And its not illegal to simply be a pedophile if he has not acted on his strange abnormal sexual desires. To some people, non Christians even, thats what homosexuality is, a strange abnormal sexual desire. A pedophile "doesn't have a choice" either. Its their sexual orientation. You said it yourself that people must not refuse service due to someone's sexual orientation because it is something that is not their choice, so are you saying people should also be forced to associate with a known pedophile?

Or does your idea of non discrimination have limits? If so, are those limits based on your own personal preference, for what you personally are ok with and not ok with?

Either you include the pedophile under your umbrella of non discrimination, or, you will have to admit that deep down, you really aren't all that different from the owners of that pizzeria in Indiana. Remember, as far as we know, this pedophile has never hurt anyone. It's merely his sexual preference which he does not act on as he realizes it would be both illegal and harmful to his potential victim so he merely fantasizes about doing it, but he freely admits it and wears shirts that explain how proud he is of his sexual orientation, but other than his verbal admission and wearing of "Man/Child-Love Pride" t-shirts, he does nothing to bother your other customers, doesnt stare hungrily at the children or anything like that.

Yes, being gay and being a pedophile are 2 very different things, and I personally would welome the former with open arms, and give them a big hug if they wanted one, and I would expell the latter from my place of business with extreme disdain and prejudice. But you're telling me I can't, because they didn't choose to have that particular orientation.

What if I was a massage practitioner? Do I have to give a pedophile a rub down too? According to you I must not refuse my services.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

You're preaching a sermon to people who have absolutely no interest in hearing it.

When moral relativism becomes god, no other opinions matter - only personal satisfaction matters.

I don't think it is possible to have a more empty life, but who knows what abomination tomorrow will bring us.

It is sadly amusing how miserable some of these enlightened, free-thinking people are.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

My question was, do you approve of people saying whatever they want, even if it pisses you off, or do you want them to "shut up" if what they say pisses you off? Which is it? It's an honest question.

Telling someone to shut up, is different from not allowing them to speak.

I guess I'm not free to tell someone to shut up.

Is that what you're telling me?

But do you really want them to shut up? Really? If an atheist told a Christian to shut up, you would bash the atheist's treatment of the Christian, saying he was being disrespectful of the Christian's opinion. You are certainly free to tell someone to shut up, but don't be surprised by the accusation of hypocrisy.

You speak of freedoms and respect of others beliefs.

WHERE ARE YOUR POSTS DEFENDING CHRISTIAN RIGHTS?

Christians have the right to believe whatever they want. They don't have the right to act on those beliefs when it takes away someone else's rights. Gays are citizens who have a civil right to participate in this society, and that includes having the same access to public accommodation that everyone else has.

If an atheist had a business, and he said that because of his beliefs, he refused to sell his products to Christians - I would say the same thing to the atheist. Christians, as citizens, have the civil right to participate in this society, and that includes having the same access to public accommodation that everyone else has.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
The owners of the pizzeria may be honest hardworking folks, but they made a mistake of letting their ideology override their common sense and business sense.

Absolutely!

Do you think I'd be stupid enough to tell a media crew my business is Atheist?

Only if belief was more important then my profit margin - - - which is not much in a small business.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

I respect you, blup.

I dislike you. I find you annoying. But I respect you.

You don't sugar-coat your disdain. You don't play like you respect anything other than what you firmly believe.

And while I cannot agree with your point of view, I respect the fact that you are at the very least, honest.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

My question was, do you approve of people saying whatever they want, even if it pisses you off, or do you want them to "shut up" if what they say pisses you off? Which is it? It's an honest question.

Telling someone to shut up, is different from not allowing them to speak.

I guess I'm not free to tell someone to shut up.

Is that what you're telling me?

But do you really want them to shut up? Really? If an atheist told a Christian to shut up, you would bash the atheist's treatment of the Christian, saying he was being disrespectful of the Christian's opinion. You are certainly free to tell someone to shut up, but don't be surprised by the accusation of hypocrisy.

You speak of freedoms and respect of others beliefs.

WHERE ARE YOUR POSTS DEFENDING CHRISTIAN RIGHTS?

Christians have the right to believe whatever they want. They don't have the right to act on those beliefs when it takes away someone else's rights. Gays are citizens who have a civil right to participate in this society, and that includes having the same access to public accommodation that everyone else has.

If an atheist had a business, and he said that because of his beliefs, he refused to sell his products to Christians - I would say the same thing to the atheist. Christians, as citizens, have the civil right to participate in this society, and that includes having the same access to public accommodation that everyone else has.

But the people in question did nothing to anyone.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Wow! Isn't this "crowdfunding trend" incredible?

I mean, really ... sources like GOFUNDME and Kickstarter ... what amazing statements of support can be made, eh?

Like, for example, the 219,382 backers since January 20th of this year who have given over $8,782,571 to make a new card game called "EXPLODING KITTENS" a reality!

EXPLODING KITTENS - The Card Game

How absolutely inspiring these crowd-funding efforts can be! What a change they can make on society!!!

edit on 11Thu, 02 Apr 2015 11:51:57 -050015p112015466 by Gryphon66 because: Format

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: undo

originally posted by: vonclod
I keep reading "forced", was anyone asked to join in on sex activities..or just asked to sell something to other human beings?

did you read what i was responding to? i don't want you to think i'm for this sudden choice of not serving people based on their life choices (decision to marry). i actually feel badly for gays who are discriminated against (biology).

That statement was just a general question and not directed to you

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
The problem is some people are wasting a lot of time and energy barking up the wrong tree

Study: Muslims To Outnumber Christians Worldwide At 2070

Someone always has to bring Muslims in when Christians can't stand alone on a position.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: yuppa

You've got that backwards. The law is all ABOUT forcing its morals on people. That is the point of having laws so that people obey a set list of morals.

How is the law forcing anything on anyone? It just says that the government will not punish someone for not doing something based on religious grounds. How is that forcing anything on anyone?

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Who exactly is condemning Christianity in this thread?

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I keep reading "forced", was anyone asked to join in on sex activities..or just asked to sell something to other human beings?

Nobody was asked to sell anything either. They were just given a hypothetical question form a reporter. Manufactured outrage is manufactured.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Well, if these laws stand, American Muslims who wish to practice Sharia law are protected.

Muslims have a lot more back up for Sharia than these Fundamentalist Christians do for not selling pizza to gays.

Yet another example of the pure, utter, UNMITIGATED stupidity of these laws.

link   

a reply to: undo
Correct me if Im wrong but it was regarding(theoretical) a gay business not serving so and so, my reply indicated that was not a good business model.

i was responding to the post by the fellow who asked if i had ever considered that biologically, gays are born into the population as a form of population control that is a natural response to over population (he didn't say it that way, precisely, but that's pretty much the jist of it, unless he says that's not what he meant)

link   
The Christian faith is an embarrassment to the American culture in my opinion. Complaining how it's against their beliefs while discriminating against someone else's beliefs. The hypocrisy I tell ya...its astounding.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I think it's more Christian to be able to live amongst sinners, because there are many, and not be affected by them.

Things like these are small/micro, I wonder if I will see a 'macro' reaction in my lifetime like a country boycotting western companies or countries. Or a western country invading another in order for them to change their anti-gay laws.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join