It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Animals CAN Predict Earthquakes! Study of Peruvian 7 Magnitude Shows Correlation with Behaviour

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   
When I found the first report in my email, I thought this story was exciting because it was confirming something I believe. Animals do react before an imminent, large earthquakes. I've read tons of stories where people describe strange occurrences leading up to the big shaking. I'm sure lots of you will include some of your own pet's experiences. Many of us on Quake Watch have debated this issue. Now, it seems like a study has measured reaction in the Peruvian rain-forest. I'll post a TV News Report first and then media release from the University.

Before that though, after a second thought, I thought it was an April Fool's Joke. After all, I was reading it on April 1st, and there's always stories about spagetti trees, and I read a story on some sort of Jupiter gravity thing that was a put on. Ugh. Nevermind. It's just predictable now. This time, I didn't find any gag, and there's a real study and a real school doing the story writing.

I'll post news report and keep updating this post while I can. So, I'll be back....

www.krdo.com...

Here's the report from the Anglia Ruskin University.

ww2.anglia.ac.uk...

Another article from India Times

timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

Oops The Times of India

Here's a link to the actual earthquake info from USGS. They pegged it at 6.8.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Here's a ABC story about the zoo during the Washington, D.C. earthquake.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Who knew? There have been studies about positive and negative ions and show they affect behaviour in humans.

www.djclarke.co.uk...

edit on 2-4-2015 by ericblair4891 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ericblair4891

I have always lived on the San Andreas Fault and raised on a farm. we still farm. The critters absolutely know when an earthquake is coming. Very true.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ericblair4891

I know we had a series of small quakes in MIssouri back around I think '06. Now I had my dog for years and he was a very quiet dog that never really made noise.Not even when people would knock on my door,so much for the noisy little dog syndrome. The first quake that hit,my dogs both just looked at me,after that,every time we were about to have another small quake,they would both start whining and crying for me to do something about it. We had over a series of about a month I think like 5 or 6 of them. So my dogs learned after the first one,what it was,and that they didn't like it. Then they let me know from there on.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Animal behavior changes have been documented. Things like snakes crawling out of hibernation and freezing to death rather than stay underground with a quake.

Somehow, they can sense it.

top topics

join