It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When mushrooms become infected

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I just recently had a chance to see these guys live. It was awesome. Masters of sound manipulation, these are one of the few examples of the genre that I can thoroughly enjoy. If you know any similar bands that are just as technical, please share.

Why can't I see what's in front of me?

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

I enjoy Infected Mushroom quite a bit

You might like a band called Mindless Faith? Infected mushroom is sort of in a class all their own, where as Mindless Faith are a little more on the industrial side I guess?

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

Cool. Thanks for the videos. I got into trance at a young age when I heard my first Oakenfold CD. It kind of fizzled out because I felt the genre was lacking and repetitive, but that could have been my lack of exposure at the time. These guys incorporate a wide range of instruments and are well respected amongst the community.

I posted some of their newer stuff which has evolved into a dubstep/trance technical explosion, but their old stuff is what I started on. Converting vegetarians anyone?

Anyways, off to the bar to celebrate my B-Day. It's the one day out of the year I go to the bar because there's a good band playing and my friends shower me with drinks, lol. I deserve a few nipple twisters...

edit on 1-4-2015 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I love Israeli full on Psytrance. Been following IM for years. I'd say some of my favorite tracks are as follows: Acid Killer, Where Do I Belong, Killing Time(Live from Tel Aviv) and their collaboration with GMS - Arabian Knights On Mescaline. Check out those tracks if you want some serious psychedelic trance.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Happy birthday!

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
That genre (like most musical genres) runs the gamut from brilliant to complete crap. I really like a lot of their stuff.
I bet it was great seeing them live. They've been playing together a long time!
Check this out, it has some good music by them, and also some cool artwork.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
THanks for the reminder...almost forgot about them.
Here's some of my fav electro blogging jams back at ya...

Butch Clancy-Beam me up(tay dazum remix)

Tiesto-Kalidoscope

Au-Ida walked away

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Dude, at the 1:00 minute mark in your first video, I burst our laughing when I looked over at your avatar. You certainly have good taste my friend!

The third video made my brain hurt in a good way. Every song has a purpose, especially when you can use music to evoke or help take away certain emotions.

Thanks

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Lol.."What is this, a center for ants?

Party on, I like your taste as well

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   
SHPONGLE

If you're looking for trippy house/trance look no further. All their albums are one long song and they are rediculous!

I would post links if I knew how.
Shpongle - Brain in a Fish Tank
- Botanical Dimensions
- I am you

These guys play insane live shows with a full band (and ok ones with a dj) that freaking blow my mind.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Also you may like
Opiuo
Tipper (super trippy wompy #!)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boomy327
SHPONGLE

If you're looking for trippy house/trance look no further. All their albums are one long song and they are rediculous!

I would post links if I knew how.
Shpongle - Brain in a Fish Tank
- Botanical Dimensions
- I am you

These guys play insane live shows with a full band (and ok ones with a dj) that freaking blow my mind.

Simon Posford the brain behind Shpongle is an electronic wizard. His DJ sets as Hallucinogen are the absolute pinnacle of Psytrance. The man is a god.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   
One of my current trance favorites is definitely Chris Liebing. He's best when you listen to a full DJ set of his, like this one: youtu.be...

On a much more sinister and EBM-y kind of note, I very highly recommend Interlace. A very obscure Swedish band that only released three (?) albums, but in spite of me having been deeply entrenched in the Electronics scene for decades, their stuff is absolutely unique, very skillfully executed and just sooooooo damned good: youtu.be...

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Motte

interlace is awesome. been a fan for years

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

I'm still grieving over having discovered them so late - now that the band has broken up, there won't be a chance to see them live.
But anyways, I'm pleasantly surprised to find another fan on ATS, of all places - most of my DJ friends have never even heard of them.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Motte

I like some pretty obscure music. Like these guys lol:

They broke up shortly after I discovered them

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Them I know.
Great stuff, too!

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link