It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could the world run out of food?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

Thank you Ultralight. Apology accepted.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Ex_MislTech

Excellent posts! I'll be checking out the links you have.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

I wonder how this would be kept such a secret. In real life, that would leak like a sieve. Do you think any government would think they could keep something like that a secret?

Yes, they could and would.

Here's how.

First, this would be built by an existing government contractor. (thus, already lots of secrecy agreements in place, as well as the risk of losing future projects/existing projects, to ensure it)

Second, any components would be disguised by being funneled through other projects....so a rocket booster, for example, would appear to be earmarked for an Orion mission or some other test project, etc.

Third, all personnel at the final assembly location, would be the same SCI cleared folks that are already used to working in such secrecy (think the guys who fly on JANET, etc. out to Area 51). They wouldn't even know why they are building it...it's just their job.

All costs would use the existing black project structure of funneling through other projects.

The bigger challenge would be the size of such a ship and launch structure. For this reason, it would be launched out of an ICBM silo type site (and may even be listed as a new or existing missile site).

Any astronauts would be unaware of the exact mission until just before launch.

At least, that's how I would do it, if I were running such a project. There's a LOT more to it than this of course, but that's the gist of it.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
I think we need to worry about water before food....

Lets see how California does in about 5 years...

California set itself up to fail. They created half their problem. If anyone paid attention, it's well known that is an arid environment in its natural state, and they've gone and drastically over-populated it without any real water management policy. In fact, they've been destroying what water management was in place to restore the natural water shed out there.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
They'll have to go to desalinization, and there's really no reason they shouldn't. It's worked in dry environments for decades in many places. We did something similar in FL.

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Realistically we could run out of food, pretty much over night. Now there are serious preppers out there and the government has underground warehouses and life support systems for their cronies, but for the mass majority? no

If any real Cataclysm ever truly occurred, man would quickly become Extinct, or lose 90%

Just look what happened at Katrina, Fukashima, Chernobyl, and many other places and events through history. Without life support man would fail, even more now than ever

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join