It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Simple Truth In Three Sentences

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrPlow
That we are still a CIVIL society and the less amongst us deserves to be protected.

Protected? OK, fully provided for from the blood, sweat, and tears of the labors of others? NO. You hold the door open for someone, you don't prop it open and then go out, pick them up, and carry them through the door. (Unless you are so inclined, in which case, it's called charity! Libertarians have no beef with charity... except when it is the form of charity the US government currently practices, FORCED charity via excessive taxation.)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Semicollegiate

Good point!

The 250 million people are made that way.

If they were raised watching libertarianism, working to get what they wanted would be normal. Right now normal is ignorance and nanny state dependency.

You know... if to work or not to work was the difference between living or dying ...a lot more would be working, and very serious about doing well in life.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
You know... if to work or not to work was the difference between living or dying ...a lot more would be working, and very serious about doing well in life.

But responsibility and self reliance doesn't produce a class of voters guaranteed not to vote against the Meal Ticket now, does it?

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

Whose definition of "Truth" are You using? See? You're typing that I am "wrong" yet You don't KNOW Me, that is "division".. The 'seeker' of Truth will always find it, but they "may" be too busy trying to figure out what name it is, and how it is better than My truth.

You're defending "Yours" My Truth doesn't need it..

But then again I typed down the name "Jim Nasium" because I was watching an old episode of "White Shadow" and they were shooting around the gymnasium...

Quoting You " The truth will always stand, but it won't always be widespread or even acknowledged at all" How would 'they' know it is the truth? The reason it isn't being 'acknowledged' as You typed is because it doesn't need defending. It stands on its OWN.

It looks to make a WHOLE, not a part of a hole.

The opposite of division.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Yeah, well, just because no one is sitting here thinking about starting crap doesn't mean there aren't others who would start crap with us just because they can.

So a prudent Libertarian preps for that with a big freakin' stick, IMO.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Heres a truth for you. In a capitalist society, human beings will absolutely trample on whoever gets in their way in order to have the largest portion of pie they can get.
This truth is what Libertarians (and Republicans) fail to grasp.
That we are still a CIVIL society and the less amongst us deserves to be protected. Were it not for Government stepping in, anybody who wasn't a land owning white christian male would be the only ones allowed to survive in this country.

So basically you admit the policy is white genocide unless the government protects us?

I think you didn't actually mean to type that but meant it the other way around, and yes, it is just as erroneous that way too.

Libertarians don't care who you are so long as you put in your effort to make the whole work and tolerate the rest of us and our private ways and be decent in public society (you know ... there might be kids and stuff and it just shows respect).

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Yeah, well, just because no one is sitting here thinking about starting crap doesn't mean there aren't others who would start crap with us just because they can.

So a prudent Libertarian preps for that with a big freakin' stick, IMO.

True.

But if humans had lived as libertarians as long as we have been slaves and subjects, a lot of that kind of behavior would be evolved out of the gene pool.

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: Xtrozero

But responsibility and self reliance doesn't produce a class of voters guaranteed not to vote against the Meal Ticket now, does it?

In the 1800's the Federalist/Whig/Republican/Yankee's painstakingly crafted the meal ticket out of the argument for internal improvements.

Corruption helped a lot too. Maybe corruption was the most creative, persistent, and potent force to construct governmental power. Why make it if you can't control it?
edit on 2-4-2015 by Semicollegiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Haha, I love how posts supporting more individual freedom always seem to upset certain people for some reason.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Truer words were never spoken OP

S and F

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I believe Libertarians as much as I believe the Democrats or Republicans. I believe they'll say anything to get themselves elected. I think it would be business as usual though.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: mymymy
I believe Libertarians as much as I believe the Democrats or Republicans. I believe they'll say anything to get themselves elected. I think it would be business as usual though.

Actually, the problem is quite the opposite.

It is very difficult for people who wish to be left alone and enjoy minimal governmental interference in their lives to voluntarily subject themselves to the political process or, in the worst case scenario of actually winning an election, to hold office.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: MrPlow

Were it not for Government stepping in, anybody who wasn't a land owning white christian male would be the only ones allowed to survive in this country.

Kind of like when the government stepped-in and killed 6 million Jews.

Or that one time the government enforced racial segregation.

There was also that one time when government burned heretics at the stake.

How about all those instances the government imprisoned people just because?

When you give someone the power to protect you, you also give them the power to abuse you.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

That we are still a CIVIL society and the less amongst us deserves to be protected.

Protected? OK, fully provided for from the blood, sweat, and tears of the labors of others? NO. You hold the door open for someone, you don't prop it open and then go out, pick them up, and carry them through the door. (Unless you are so inclined, in which case, it's called charity! Libertarians have no beef with charity... except when it is the form of charity the US government currently practices, FORCED charity via excessive taxation.)

I am assuming you're one of the misguided folks who think that EVERYONE who receives a "handout" is just some lazy, 'urban' (read:non-white), welfare queen?
No chatter of the disabled? The elderly? Children? Veterans?
It doesn't matter to me what YOU say the Libertarian party has no problems with. The TRUTH is, again, HUMANS living in a winner takes all, capitalist society WILL walk right past these people in order to get to the top...and furthermore, PREVENT them from getting ahead

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: LewsTherinThelamon

Were it not for Government stepping in, anybody who wasn't a land owning white christian male would be the only ones allowed to survive in this country.

Kind of like when the government stepped-in and killed 6 million Jews.

Or that one time the government enforced racial segregation.

There was also that one time when government burned heretics at the stake.

How about all those instances the government imprisoned people just because?

When you give someone the power to protect you, you also give them the power to abuse you.

Yea..kinda, but probably not. At all. Your false equivalency holds no weight. Sorry
The government protecting the poor, the elderly, veterans, and the disabled is in no way equal to the government committing atrocities.
It's almost laughable, if not completely ridiculous that you make such a delusional comment.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Heres a truth for you. In a capitalist society, human beings will absolutely trample on whoever gets in their way in order to have the largest portion of pie they can get.
This truth is what Libertarians (and Republicans) fail to grasp.
That we are still a CIVIL society and the less amongst us deserves to be protected. Were it not for Government stepping in, anybody who wasn't a land owning white christian male would be the only ones allowed to survive in this country.

So basically you admit the policy is white genocide unless the government protects us?

I think you didn't actually mean to type that but meant it the other way around, and yes, it is just as erroneous that way too.

Libertarians don't care who you are so long as you put in your effort to make the whole work and tolerate the rest of us and our private ways and be decent in public society (you know ... there might be kids and stuff and it just shows respect).

Historically - yes. That is exactly how it is. You know it and to deny is ignorant.
But, this quote is a complete summary of what I am pointing out. It is telling of how narrow minded and one-sided the Libertarians are:

so long as you put in your effort to make the whole work

Again, so the disabled, the elderly, veterans, and poor children do not stand a chance in a Ayn Rand - salt the earth - landscape.
Also, what does "be decent" in society mean? That's a pretty broad statement.
edit on 3-4-2015 by MrPlow because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Guidance.Is.Internal
Haha, I love how posts supporting more individual freedom always seem to upset certain people for some reason.

Usually because "individual freedom" means let me do what the # ever I want and damn it all if it is in detriment to others.
That's just not how freedom works, in a civil society.
Freedom isn't freedom unless ALL people are afforded it and left unmolested by predators.
A pizza shops "right" to deny business based on a persons sexual preference because religion is not freedom for all. While one side of that argument gets to say 'FREEDOM! LET ME DO WHATEVER I WANT!" The other side loses privilege...so no, that is NOT Freedom with a capital F.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
'Leave me alone to discriminate, step-on or harm whomever I want! The gubmament needs to stay out of it!'

That, from what most upright people observe, is the libertarian and even the republican mantra.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Well, being decent in society generally solves the problem of the elderly, veterans and the poor.

There is this concept you might want to check out sometime ... it's called the Golden Rule.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   

'Leave me alone to discriminate, step-on or harm whomever I want! The gubmament needs to stay out of it!'

That, from what most upright people observe, is the libertarian and even the republican mantra.

You want to chide us for narrow-mindedness, but then your statement makes the implication that we must not be upright if we somehow have not grasped what you are selling off as "enlightenment."

Hello, Mr. Pot.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join