It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Simple Truth In Three Sentences

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Republicans are pro-war want to control your thoughts, limit your freedom and intrude on your life.

Democrats are pro-war want to control your thoughts, limit your freedom and intrude on your life.

Libertarians believe in individual liberty, personal responsibility, no wars and don't care what you believe, what you do or how you live your life.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Vere dico.

It must be pointed out that while libertarians abhor war, they nonetheless advocate for a strong national defense.
edit on 1-4-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and make a guess you're a Libertarian.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Massive Fail!

As they say.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Guten Tag- I read the following which was part of a post re: Worship = War Ship...

"The Truth" doesn't need anybody speaking for it. The Truth needs no book, no doctrine, no dogma, no hierarchy. Truth stands on it own, the rest is pushing to compete with The Truth, which is "falsehood".

If Your truth needs to be PUSHED how true is it really?

The Truth is the only thing that never changes, in a world where "change" is the only 'constant'...

namaste

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
here it is in one sentence;

all politicians are the same.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Republicans are pro-war want to control your thoughts, limit your freedom and intrude on your life.

Democrats are pro-war want to control your thoughts, limit your freedom and intrude on your life.

Libertarians believe in individual liberty, personal responsibility, no wars and don't care what you believe, what you do or how you live your life.

Pretty close, but can you really say rand fits that bill? I agree with the by the book definition, but can't say anyone is out there preaching this stuff.

Rand had to "sell his soul" to the tea party types to survive. Now he might drop them after he's elected, but who knows.

I could see him going all republican on welfare and health care, but still going to war and doing nothing on the war on drugs.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Personally, Libertarians scare the ever lovin' hell out of me. Anyone who thinks Ayn Rand is the cat's pajamas and shouts that much needs to be watched. Closely. From behind glass. Btw, read my signature..I'm the anti-war Democrat your parents hate.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz4

Yep, but that's what libertarianism is good for - minimize the power of the government in your life and take control.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ironhawke
Personally, Libertarians scare the ever lovin' hell out of me. Anyone who thinks Ayn Rand is the cat's pajamas and shouts that much needs to be watched. Closely. From behind glass. Btw, read my signature..I'm the anti-war Democrat your parents hate.

I lean libertarian in a lot of ways, and I have never actually read Ayn Rand. It's actually not required for someone to arrive at the line of reasoning that government is bigger problem than it solves in most cases.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I know. minimize the power of government in my life so they can take control...No thank you, will stick with the devil I know than the Oh dear Lord it's eating my face.
LIbertarianism - why pick the lesser of two evils? ;-)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

My 80yr old Grammy always says it's the two same wings on the same Bird... libs are the poop that falls out the birds but lmao I'm joking it's all a paradime used to controll the Masse

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Ironhawke

So because you're scared to be free, none of the rest of us should be?

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Define "freedom". Libertarianism is much like Communism - sounds great on paper...until you realize that you're still being ruled by an elite, they;'re just more honest about it. That and the fact that I like roads, parks and my taxes going to useful things. Libertarian paradise is rather like arming everyone in town, jailing the sheriff, and then resting knowing that nothing bad will happen.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   

That's why next ruler will be republican or democrat. On the other hand, do you want US of A to become thrird world country?

Not that anything is wrong with that.

DO

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   

So Ayn Rand's ideas are batstuff crazy to you, but the dems spending money like it grows on trees is just fine?

Who needs a psych eval now?

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Ironhawke

You know what? At this very point in time, there are far, far more countries in the world that are going to accommodate you with Big Brother regimes willing to hold your hand and everything else for you. There aren't many places where I can find a country with rule of law that has minimal interference in my day to day life.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Define "freedom". Libertarianism is much like Communism - sounds great on paper...until you realize that you're still being ruled by an elite, they;'re just more honest about it. That and the fact that I like roads, parks and my taxes going to useful things. Libertarian paradise is rather like arming everyone in town, jailing the sheriff, and then resting knowing that nothing bad will happen.

Where do you get that from?

Nothing you said here makes sense.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

Standard anti-Libertarian hyperbolic rhetoric. I am waiting for him to invite us to move to Somalia because they have no functional government.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I can say it all in one sentence.

In the words of Tony Soprano, "It's all Bullsh$t"!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join