It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video: NYPD Detective on Joint Terrorism Task Force Abuses Uber Driver With Xenophobic Rant

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Not my title BTW.

How arrogant, ignorant and Ass-Holish (Word?) can a cop get? Here's the answer:

www.blacklistednews.com...
www.huffingtonpost.com...
www.nydailynews.com...
If you want to visit the FB page of the vid taker: www.facebook.com...

Officer Patrick Cherry, a New York Police Department detective assigned to the Joint Terrorism Task Force, became insanely angry at an Uber driver who honked at the detective for blocking him while parking his unmarked vehicle. A passenger recorded the tirade, and now everyone gets to see what a hideously abusive asshole Officer Patrick Cherry is.

If the passengers weren't there, what might have happened?

uber2n-2-web According to Sanjay Seth, one of the passengers in the Uber car who recorded the video on his cell phone, the officer was at fault. The driver honked at Cherry, who was attempting to park his vehicle on a busy West Village street without signaling or using hazard lights. Moments later, Cherry gets out of his unmarked car and approaches the Uber driver’s window. “Stop it with your mouth, stop it with your, ‘For what, sir,’” he yells at the driver. “You understand me? I don’t know what #ing planet you think you’re on right now.” The driver repeatedly tries to diffuse the situation with respectful apologies, to no avail. Cherry continues makes jabs at the driver's ethnicity, mocking his accent and English skills.

And the innocent driver should bow down and kiss the officer's feet because:

The only reason you’re not in handcuffs going to jail and getting summonses in the precinct is because I have things to do.”

This is where I get confused:

In a statement Tuesday, the NYPD said “We are aware of the incident and video and it is under review with the Department’s Internal Affairs Bureau.” A representative told The Huffington Post the department could not immediately “determine if the male is a member of the NYPD.”

Could not determine if the Ass-Hat is a member of the NYPD and yet it's followed with this only AFTER it hits the net?

The NYPD was quick to counter internet backlash with “But Officer Cherry Had The Feels.”...Cherry was on his way to work after visiting Detective Harry Hill at NYU Langone Medical Center when the interaction occurred, a second police source said.

So he is a cop but was just having a bad day. Too Freakin' Bad! Everyone has a bad day and just because you're a cop it doesn't mean your bad day takes a front seat to mine.

Jude11

edit on 1-4-2015 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
The poor guy's just nervous and the cop's obviously having a very bad day.

Sorry, just had to laugh at "...is because I have things to do....because this isn't important enough to me." And yet....

Guess some people just really don't like getting honked at.

The cop should do what I do when I'm having a really bad day at work...just go outside and sing Let It Go (with all the hand motions and everything). It helps.

edit on 4/1/2015 by ~Lucidity because: i just KNEW there was a video

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Somebody pissed in his cornflakes is the only explanation I can come up with, And it must have been a lot of Pee:-)

At least he was not physically violent but I sure would not want to really piss him off. Thank You for posting the above video with multiple links available to read.
S&F and bring on the "Jack Boots"
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
The poor guy's just nervous and the cop's obviously having a very bad day.

Sorry, just had to laugh at "...is because I have things to do....because this isn't important enough to me." And yet....

Guess some people just really don't like getting honked at.

The cop should do what I do when I'm having a really bad day at work...just go outside and sing Let It Go (with all the hand motions). It helps.

Some day that cop is going to come across someone that does not take to being demeaned very lightly. There is no reason to instill fear in the guy when you are obviously at fault.

The continued abuse is only trying to cover up the fact that the cop is in the wrong IMO. Shout and stomp your feet long enough and most people will just want the situation to go away...but not ALL people.

Jude11

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

Well done to the passengers. Think it was awesome of them to reassure the driver, and probably help him stay calm in the face of that utterly ridiculous bulljunk.

I love that the cop says its "not important" enough to him, yet it was important enough for him to make that much of a scene over it.

My favorite part was the exchange of:

"That guy is just a dick."

"Yep."

I lol'd a little

edit on 1-4-2015 by Shamrock6 because: Typo. Because I can't type today. Even my edit line autocorrected 4 times.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Don't get me wrong. I agree about the dick part. Then again, it is NY
Coulda been worse. Glad it didn't escalate in this case.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
"Theres only one reason you're not in cuffs right now and thats because you didn't do anything wrong. I'm the asshole here do you understand? Do You Understand!!?"

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Even more reason we need laws to protect the right to record police activity.

Cherry was on his way to work after visiting Detective Harry Hill at NYU Langone Medical Center when the interaction occurred, a police source said. Hill is in critical condition after going into cardiac arrest during a procedure on his elbow on Thursday, the source said.

Michael Palladino, president of the Detectives Endowment Association, said Hill's medical condition has led emotions to run high on the Joint Terrorism Task Force, a unit that combines NYPD and federal anti-terror investigators.

"The past five days have been emotionally draining for the members of the JTTF dealing with their fellow detective's health," Palladino said. "Despite what some people think, cops have feelings, too."

Awww, booo friggin hoo.

What better way to gain public support than by pulling the sympathy card.

A pathetic bunch if you ask me. Inexcusable.

Link

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
I love that the cop says its "not important" enough to him, yet it was important enough for him to make that much of a scene over it.

Yeah, that part made laugh. I hate police abusing there powers, but this is a no issue for me. Just a goose making a fool of himself.

lol, had a similar incident a few years back when I was a delivery driver. I suppose this guy in a unmarked car thought I cut him off, so beeped at me. I disagreed, so just flipped him the bird, as you do. Next thing the sirens go on and this very upset copper is approaching me with a whole lot of angry things to say.

Kind of made my day to be honest, which seemed to just make angrier. How anyone could ever let such a minor incident get them so angry, I'll never know.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Your correct could've been 100% worst in NY. Then to try to drag the passangers in to it. they handled it much better then I would've ...If he could' ve gotten over on me he most certainly would have hauled me off to jail.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
huffingtonpost.com

The New York City police detective caught in a viral video berating an Uber driver in a profane, xenophobic rant has been stripped of his gun and badge, NYPD Commissioner William Bratton told reporters Wednesday.

Detective Patrick Cherry has also been placed on desk duty and removed from his position on the Joint Terrorism Task Force while both NYPD Internal Affairs and the Civilian Complaint Review Board investigate the incident.

At least he'll be on desk duty for a while and he lost his nice assignment with the Joint Terrorism Task Force.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11

How arrogant, ignorant and Ass-Holish (Word?) can a cop get? Here's the answer:
If the passengers weren't there, what might have happened?
Jude11

That B was trying to goad the taximan big time with a Harvey Keitel impression...just shows you how good an actor is Harvey.
Nobody should be allowed to take that shiite!
the policeman even looks for homogeneous sympathy from the taximan's passenger/s the slimy git. Ffff...forget the bad day bit, that policeman is on a mission, what a feckup. See the belated damage control remarks, "We are trying to ascertain if this is a police force member" or something in the same vein.
It begs the question, how many people could die when a policeman with a gun, is having a 'Bad day' ?

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

"Yep."

Cracked me up man.

I would have had a real hard time keeping my mouth shut if I was a passenger.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

The NYPD detective who was caught on video chewing out an Uber driver has been stripped of his shield and gun, and will be placed on modified duty, Police officials said.

Detective Patrick Cherry has been removed from the department’s elite Joint Terrorism Task Force and will be doing desk duty until he is officially transferred out of the prestigious division.

“No good cop should watch that video without a wince,” Commissioner Bill Bratton said at a Wednesday press conference. “Because all good cops know that officer just made their jobs a little bit harder.”

Glad to that happened.

Link

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Elton

I would hate to be the first one he stops that day he gets back on the street (we all know there will be a lot of theater and nothing of substance done for a little while to let people forget). I sure hope that unlucky person has a cam with them at the time too.

edit on 4/1/2015 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
a reply to: Shamrock6

"Yep."

Cracked me up man.

I would have had a real hard time keeping my mouth shut if I was a passenger.

But if you act aggressively then you give them power. Best way to get one over the police is to just smile and be polite as possible.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

The NYPD detective who was caught on video chewing out an Uber driver has been stripped of his shield and gun, and will be placed on modified duty, Police officials said.

Detective Patrick Cherry has been removed from the department’s elite Joint Terrorism Task Force and will be doing desk duty until he is officially transferred out of the prestigious division.

“No good cop should watch that video without a wince,” Commissioner Bill Bratton said at a Wednesday press conference. “Because all good cops know that officer just made their jobs a little bit harder.”

Glad to that happened.

Link

Nice! That was quick. For once....

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Well done to the passengers. Think it was awesome of them to reassure the driver, and probably help him stay calm in the face of that utterly ridiculous bulljunk.

Actually the driver was pretty calm, and likely appreciated his company to be sure, but equally knew that this officer was a dick..that's food for thought.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I saw this on Google news a little bit ago and thought about posting it as well.

This "cop" is nothing but a bully. Not sure what the driver did to get pulled over by a LEO in a suit, but me thinks the LEO was having a VERY bad day and took it out on the guy.

Not a good idea in this technological age. All LEO's should act and speak like they are being recorded, because anymore, they are. Glad they caught his tantrum on video. It should be used in training as to how NOT to speak and treat people.

posted on Apr, 1 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Thanks for posting that. I saw the video on the news earlier, but there was no official response then. I am at least glad it appears to be being dealt with.

He should never be allowed the ability to have authority over anyone again.

Paper work? fine. Wielding authority over citizens? never again!

A video camera in a car or anytime in public is becoming a good life insurance policy. Think I will go research a good camcorder.

new topics

<<   2 >>

join